Rfactor2 The VR thread -settings & tips

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Apr 30, 2017.

1. lockzar

lockzar Registered

Exactly what i was complaining about.
    No matter what settings, even with a big GPU head room.
    Happened before the last patch.

2. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

I think your rig is enough. I will tray a clean install of Rfactor2. Marcell said that have a Dell WMR headset and work fine. It should be the same for you.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Clear CBash and Shaders and retry settings!

4. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

I did this...
    And this... (well not exactly, I verified the cache and two files downloaded)
    And this...
    And the problem has gone! I'm now running 1.5 SS in SteamVR, AA at level 5 in rF2, with 20 cars on the grid at Silverstone and my GPU is humming along at 65% (plenty of room for particles fx) and with a solid 90fps. Thank you all for the suggestions. I'm not sure which one helped, but something did!

5. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

In your opinión, is better than Oculus in rfactor2

6. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Slightly better. But if you already have an Oculus, I don't think it's worth buying the Odyssey.

elcoco and vittorio like this.
  7. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

Thanks

8. JParra

JParra Registered

Hi guys.
    I would like to ask you, because I can not find the solution or comments about it anywhere.
    Is there a solution to see the labels of the names of drivers that appear on the cars with the TAB key when I use the oculus in VR?

I do not usually use them in normal competition (roads) because I do not feel them as real, but this Christmas in my community we have played a NASCAR competition and the truth is that they are very necessary to get you behind the right driver in the restarted after neutralizations by Pace Car , especially when there are cars with lost laps in the row.

Thank you.

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Driver labels in vr is disabled for now. Don't know if devs are working on this

10. JParra

JParra Registered

OK, thanks for answering.

Do you think someone in the development can read this or if there is a thread somewhere to keep us informed about it?

Thanks again.

11. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

You can change the LCD display and wacht who pilots ar in front of you, if you dont lost a lap

12. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Afaik devs do read the forums as long as threads don't derail so i am quit sure they know. They just don't have time to get involved in the discussions here.

But for now @Bruce0440 his idea is very good to help you out

13. JParra

JParra Registered

Thank you for the interest shown.
    This system is valid for races in normal circuits where it is rarely the case that there are pilots with a lost lap.
    But it has the disadvantage that when the races are in ovals, especially the short ones, where in a relay after safety car, they indicate the driver you have to follow, especially when you are very close and you can not be guided by the "gap" and in the row there are pilots with turns very different from yours.

In the last race, I used the system to slightly overtake the pilot in front of me to see if he told me I should return the position and thus make sure that I kept the correct driver.

A combination of the LCD with the classification, the HUD with the gap between pilots and certain maneuvers, can replace the use of the tabulator, but to be more concentrated in the race and in the absence of an engineer on our wall giving instructions, I find it easier to activate with the tabulator the labels when the race is neutralized and deactivate them when relaunching it.

Hoping in the future news about this, I thank you for the help and advice. See you.

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Do you use Crew Chief? I know they have put some effort in their software recently to help with oval races.

I am not into turn left racing myself but i see your problem.

Fnf likes this.
  15. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Don't know if it is totaly acurate but to give you an idea. Just search for crew chief here on the forum

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  16. JParra

JParra Registered

thanks for the contribution. I'll keep it in mind for the next race in ovals. It has very good looks, I will still try to translate it into Spanish to share it with my track mates.

17. Bruce0440

Bruce0440 Registered

I think have a spanish translation of the Crew-chief, I dont use it, so I dont no where you can faund it. But if it teld you follow that pilot, I dont know how you recognize then.

18. JParra

JParra Registered

thank you but translation will not be necessary. The indications are simple and repetitive, I do not think I have problems.

I will try it for the next competition in ovals, although I do not know if it will solve the problem of not knowing if the driver in front is the one I have to follow. As much as the Crew-chief tells me that I should follow that pilot, if I can not indetify him on the track, he would be the same as now with chat warnings.

19. Depco

Depco Registered

You can ask crew chief, "who is in front of me?"

20. ClintW

ClintW Registered

I have two questions as I'm fairly new to rf2 that I'm hoping someone can help me with or point me in the right direction.

Firstly, I've been trying to work out how to have in-game overlays in VR like relative, fuel etc for ages now, is it via a HUD or something else. I've see others with layouts similar to those you can do in Iracing/AC etc on youtube but all i can work out it how to display the LCD and cycle through. Im also wondering if these can be moved around the screen like in the mentioned titles. Has anyone got some advice on what to use and how to get it working? I'm using the Oculus.

Second, I'm starting to use TeamSpeak and am wondering if there is a way to display who is talking at the time while driving? I can tell by voice for those i know but obviously, for new people it's hard. Again, wondering if it is some type of ingame overlay.

Thanks for any help in advance.