Number of opponents in race > 9?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ReluctantRufus, Jan 1, 2018.

1. ReluctantRufus

ReluctantRufus Registered

Hi everybody,

happy new year first of all :)! I'm an rFactor2 newbie so forgive me if this sounds like a stupid question. But when I'm racing (offline) and I select opponents even from different categories, somehow I end up with not more than 9 opponents. So even if I choose let's say 3 categories, there are only 10 cars in the race.

That's not much if e.g. you want to race in Daytona or Silverstone. Bizarrely, on the startup screen of the race you see the maximum number of cars per race track which is generally more than 30 or 40 on the tracks I tested so far. Still, I'm limited to 10 cars...

Can anybody explain me where I can change this?
    Many thanks in advance!

2. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

There is a setting in the options/display screen to set the number of visible cars. Maybe you have that set to 10.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

When you click SESSION SETTINGS, on the left there is a "AI Drivers" option. Set it to a higher number.

4. ReluctantRufus

ReluctantRufus Registered

Thank you! Yes I found it when exactly I can change it: when I'm in the garage before starting, I have to click "Add AI" and then I can customly add the opponents I want. Great! :)

5. bwana

bwana Registered

You can change it before joining races and the same number will always be created regardless of mod and track or event .