New content ?

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Bill Thayer, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

When will we who are on Steam, get our old basic content back if ever? Missing quite a few tracks.

2. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Hi Bill when you are in Steam, go to the workshop page for rF2, then make sure you subscribe to all the content you want..

http://steamcommunity.com/app/365960/workshop/

It should automatically download the next time you launch rF2..

3. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

F1lover, I am aware of the hows, I am just hoping for more, like Nords for example. I miss so many track that were in my old non steam version. I have all the available content installed.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

verify the cache and restart steam

5. Goanna

Goanna Registered

I don't know if nords is on steam or not, but general rule of thumb for third party content, if the author hasn't put it on steam then you can still download the tracks from any links the author may have provided originally and drop the rfcmp's into your packages folder and install them manually from there.

6. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

Steam doesn't use rfcmp's and there is no more packages folder once your on Steam
    I don't know what this would do... I'm on Steam now.

7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

it works?

8. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

Are you on Steam?

9. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

yes, but if you are new to steam, you should contact studio support 397, if it is an old account

10. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I made a new Packages folder in C:\Games\Packages (can be anywhere but for some reason it is not possible to add in the Steam install folder) , dropped the rcmp files in there and once in the Launcher, on the Packages tab, on the bottom you can add the new Packages folder and install your rcmp's.
    edit : I remember now that there was a Packages file in the Steam rFactor2 installation that once deleted I could then make a Packages folder where it should be.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  11. ede78

ede78 Registered

The new folder that replaces the package folder is in the steam folder. I think in steam / common app.
    You can still put rfcmp file in there and install it manually in RF2. I will give you the correct folder as soon as possible. I need to look at it.

12. ede78

ede78 Registered

It's
    programs(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Rfactor2/packages

13. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

That's not the way that steam is setup. There is no packages folder in the steam installation of rfactro2 I wish it were so.

14. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Just create the packages folder in your install, I did.

Nibiru likes this.
  15. ede78

ede78 Registered

There is and it works very well. I puted well over a dozen tracks in this folder and was able to install them manually after that in RF2. But why do I need to convince you of something that obvious?

16. ceecee

ceecee Registered

For your info:
    When my 3 rF2 installations were upgraded from DX9 to DX11beta the Packages folder disappeared in C:/Programs(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Rfactor2/packages.
    When trying to make a new Packages folder the message given was "folder already exists" but was not visible.
    On analyzing the folder in DOS, a Packages file could be seen (but not visible in Windows with all system files and folders visible selected).
    Later, I found that one could delete this invisible "Packages file" via DOS and make a new Packages folder the normal way in C:/Programs(x86)/steam/steamapps/common/Rfactor2.
    I presume that in some users installation the Packages folder was not correctly registered in Windows and therefore unusable.
    This problem was seen in 2 local PCs and one online client.

17. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer Registered

"Holy Cow" Thanks every one. I had no hope of ever getting back my DX9 content. It works, I created a Packages folder in my steam install and "wala" Now I can go find my favorites

bwana and GrimDad like this.