Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

it would be foolish to say that 2.0 is better than 3.0 ..... we would not be true

4. bwana

bwana Registered

Agree , my number 1 issue with rf2.. l have though recognised now the servers that have AI in place and now ignore those servers , they are shooting themselves in the foot by adding them

Ari Antero likes this.
  5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Hmm, in my test PCIe 3.0 minimum fps is 155 and PCIe 2.0 minimum fps is 115.
    115 - 155|/115 = 40/115 = 0.34782608695652 = 34.782608695652%

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

People really need to get a life if they think that player numbers should rise throughout the christmas holidays, because where I life the holidays are pretty much the most stressfull and busiest time of the year, not only in terms of family obligations but also due to jobs and other deadlines. If you find the time to boot up the time and have some racing then good for you, but my PC was switched off for allmost a week and I finaly found the time to test the new update after basicly one week of it being publish.

I ran a test with the recommended setting as shown in the OP and it runs smooth and looks good with my low end hardware. People also need to relax a bit. With every new update there comes the usual drama of people telling all people that the game is dead, when in fact it is in a long process where alot of things get changed, rewritten and restructured. S397 seems to have a long term plan with this sim so give them some time. I for one am very pleased with this update and really glad that they can concentrate on DX11 with full steam now. I've been literly waiting for 7 years for those freaking raindrops, so I am very happy right now to have one of my boxes tagged. What I especialy like is that the windscreen effect is very dynamic and not scripted as in PCars 1+2 for example, so you don't get repetative patterns on the windscreen. So from my standpoint the sim is where I expected it to be by the end of the year, with the lack of the new UI wich I expected to get published earlier. But that's about it.

As for improvements that I would like to see: the rain effects on the windscreen need to be more severe as far as I can tell and it was allready noted that the raindrops look pretty ugly. I tried driving in the rain at night with stormy weather and it was perfectly possible without using the wiper. Next to that I would like to see raindrops on the visor in OW cars wich leads to a complaint that we have seen with rF2 for many years now. The whole rain system needs to work consistent, so for me as a user it looks as if the system is broken when I only have screen effects in tin tops. The visor mod is such a nice thing, so why not enhance it, make it standard for all cars and give it the rain effects in OW cars or Karts. Everyxthing else feels like a lost opportunity tbh. :)

7. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

It aint just at xmas numb nuts. :D

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

[QUOTE = "Ari Antero, post: 927321, member: 32581"] Hmm, in my test PCIe 3.0 minimum fps is 155 and PCIe 2.0 minimum fps is 115.
    115 - 155 | / 115 = 40/115 = 0.34782608695652 = 34.782608695652% [/ QUOTE]
    Base clock speed: PCIe 3.0 = 8.0GHz , PCIe 2.0 = 5.0GHz, PCIe 1.1 = 2.5GHz
    Speed: PCIe 3.0 = 1000MB / s , PCIe 2.0 = 500MB / s, PCIe 1.1 = 250MB / s
    Bandwidth (x16 link ) : PCIe 3.0 = 32GB / s , PCIe 2.0 = 16GB / s, PCIe 1.1 = 8GB / s
    Transfer speed: PCIe 3.0 = 8.0GT / s , PCIe 2.0 = 5.0GT / s, PCIe 1.1 = 2.5GT / s

9. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

bwana likes this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

@Ari Antero Speed: PCIe 3.0 = 1000 MB / s, PCIe 2.0 = 500MB / s ... it is not the transfer speed and here is 50% +, but even so and all the problem of the companion with the hardware it has is more than graph that de pcie, and it would cost much more money to change everything , regards

11. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Seems not, but I do get over 80 fps average under those conditions, mid 90's in the garage, single card, 5760x1080, triple screen,
    windowed mode and multiview. Definitely not to be sneezed at...maybe AMD aren't so bad Ari ;)

12. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

Hey guys, has anyone got RacePad for iOS, working 100% with the latest build?
    I only have it displaying some of the info not all, no tire temps, or timing for myself, just the other drivers on track. Will be a nice addition if I can get all info displayed. I think the last update they had for RacePad was in may 2017. Using an iPad mini 2, iOS 11.1.2,
    I haven’t tried the iPhone version yet,I’ll try that and see if it’s any different.

Cheers in advance.

Also this post started as a reply by accident and I couldn’t see how to cancel.
    Is there a way to cancel a post or reply? Or just post then delete.
    And is there a way to check FFB clipping in dx11 yet? Did have pedal overlay.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

You are right, these days should be devoted to family, but not so much on your data analysis part.
    A few easy clicks would have shown you that RF2 is the only major racing sim with less players during this period.

http://steamcharts.com/cmp/365960,378860,244210,431600#1y

Cheers.

14. Comante

Comante Registered

Emery and SteveK like this.
  15. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

The reason is even simpler: a lot of leagues stop their activity during this period, and you know that league racing is the biggest part of rf2's user base. As a league admin i know a lot of people, and i know that they are happy to be on holiday because finally they can play all the time they want, but simply there is nothing to play.
    In addition, some people i know are using these days to upgrade and work on their rigs, hardware etc.

bwana, McFlex and juanchioooo like this.
  16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess that if owners number is not increased when the game is at half price, your arguments for being Christmas vanish. Do you also have a good explanation for it?

The argument of mostly people over 40s playing rF2 is just absurd. Why don't you also say that unless you played rF1 you won't be interested in rF2?

I understand that S397 wanted to grab other audience when introducing DX11, rain effects.

Considering your arguments it would be about time to abandon rF2 because it has already coped the maximum amount of players that it can achieve.

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I think they are different markets, people who like simulation will continue in rfactor 2, for me it will continue to be THE BEST SIMULATOR, THE FUTURE AND PRESENT

elcoco likes this.
  18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Let’s say that there’s 50k owners,if s397 can give those owners a reason to return over the next year,new members wouldn’t be so important,there’s already more than enough people who own a copy of rf2 to fill the servers.
    They just aren’t playing it,and on the grand scheme of things,dx11 and upgraded rain isn’t enough to drastically change the numbers playing it daily,not when there’s products out there that offer more content or online structured game play,are better optimised and easier to use.
    Checking steam stats every update is stupid,and infantile
    You’re a clever bloke,and know what s397 has done so far isn’t enough to drastically change the numbers.
    So I have to ask,why do you keep referencing the stats when you already know this.
    Or is it you think what s397 has done should have been enough to change things,surely not

juanchioooo and MarcG like this.
  19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

And then rF2 owners number just reached its peak....

20. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Do not pay much attention to the sales figures of SteamSpy, they are simple estimates. They are only worth to get an idea of the progression in the long term and this is still good.

Since the game was released on Steam the player base has doubled. As of September the increase was minimal, but since the update was launched, numbers have shot up. It will take a few days to see the trend, but my estimate is that numbers will increase between 5k and 15k.

SteamSpy.png

The biggest problem I see in that data is the number of players in the last two weeks because despite having doubled the player base, the number of players is still the same as a year ago.

Emery and MarcG like this.