Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

You are completely off topic. Completely.

The subject is to understand why there is a very strong drop in FPS in exactly the same circumstances, the setting near (including realroad, time scale etc.).

Moreover, in 5 years of RF2, my CPU has never been solicited to the point that there are lags (I do not speak of FPS). m

These two points show that the quality / performance ratio has very much deteriorated with this new version, especially the use of the processor which even in time scale > 20 and realroad to X15, with the same number of IA, very precisely the same
    weather detail, very exactly the same graphics settings in game, in the config.ini, in the player.json, in the settings nvidia. Of course even car, same cicuit, same time, auto details FPS on etc.

So yes the graphics engine is bad even if visually when the graphics are high I find the game beautifull.

The performances are mediocre, but much more serious, they are highly degraded.

ebeninca likes this.
  2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You can download GPU-Z from :https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/. When you have downloaded and installed GPU-Z in the middle is text: Bus Interface > PCIe x ...... click ? mark > GPU-Z runs rendering test and in the left bottom of that app you can see which PCI-e your laptop is using.

Filip likes this.
  3. stonec

stonec Registered

If by max settings you mean ultra modes, then I agree, ultra is mainly to give those with flagship GPU's something to run with and usually it doesn't give discernibly better image quality. I think the game should automatically adjust optimal settings depending on GPU. For example AC runs straight out of the box with good FPS, pCars 2 even though it's using latest tech is still running smooth on a GTX 1050 Ti with out of the box medium/high settings (FPS is not huge, but maintains 60 easily). The first post that gives the suggested settings is helpful, but IMO somewhat optimistic if target is to maintain 60 FPS in rain at first lap of race.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  4. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You want some values from another system?
    Intel Core i7 3770k @4.5GHZ, Nvidia 1070 @2000/4500
    Resolution: 5040x1050 Matsusaka PCI Express 2.0 80-90fps,
    PCI Express 3.0 120-140fps
    Even crazier: Portugal 30AI in the pit lane PCI Express 2.0 25fps
    PCI Express 3.0 70fps

For rFactor2 there are completely different rules no matter what benchmarks of the game say, the data transfer of the PCI Express interface is abnormally high in rFactor2.

Emery, John, stonec and 2 others like this.
  5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Oh I thought you meant everyone expects to run max settings,not the max their hardware is capable of

My bad,still drunk from last night,

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

do not you see that the partner has a 1050 you? in 2.0 is not the same as me with a 1060 6gb, I go to more than 100 fps and he goes to 25 fps ?that difference is not only for pcie 2.0 or 3.0
    there are more differences between graphics, than NOT between pcIe EXPRES

7. Lgel

Lgel Registered

So users will buy and play RF2 in droves to enjoy the new UI and advanced physics.
    They'll immediately discard the 15 +GT3 of PC2 to play with the 5 GT3 of the RF2 DLC and their superb skins.

Cheers.

demerzel and juanchioooo like this.
  8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Try to understand this simple fact > PCIe 3.0 x16 is performing 35% better then PCIe 2.0 x16.
    It is obvious that that when using PCIe 2.0 x16 you get 35% worse performance with any modern gfx card. Like it or not if your PC has only PCIe 2.0 x16. Your GTX 1060 is performing 35% worse then it would do with PCIe 3.0 x16 in rFactor 2.
    It is also oblivious that game settings which can be used to get descent game experience and performance that your GTX 1060 is not performing any better with PCIe 2.0 x 16 then GTX 1050Ti is performing with PCIe 3.0 x16 in this game.

Emery, John and Andregee like this.
  9. stonec

stonec Registered

That is very interesting, I didn't expect the difference to be quite that big, but I guess it grows the better GPU you have. It would be interesting to know how much PCI-E limited rF2 is with PCI-E 3.0 and some top GPU. With simple core overclock of GPU it should be possible to see if performance scales with GPU frequency or not. I suspect with Nvidia Volta generation PCI-E 3.0 becomes the bottleneck as well.

10. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I
    I won't deny the reality so I accept your test results. I just find intriguing the absolute lack of staff statements on this regard. The community has to discovered and fix the issues alone from a long time.

Mibrandt and Ari Antero like this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you are very wrong, once again,he uses 2.0 just like me, as I then 100 fps and 25 fps, you do not know how the pcie really works
    where have I said that 2.0 is better? you still do not understand

12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

@Ari Antero I just said that your problem was more of graphics than pcie, but I see that you can not read,there is no blind person who does not want to see

13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

and it's not 35% better, it's 37.5% better

14. ede78

ede78 Registered

I just want to thank Studio 397 for what they accomplished so far. Outstanding under the given circumstances!
    Happy new year everybody!

juanchioooo likes this.
  15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

@Ari Antero : with the equipment you have if you change the graph the cost is cheaper, than if you change the board and processor and ram.it's a lot more money
    because 2.0 go to 3.0 has a cost, and who are you to say that you spend more money than necessary to go to 100 fps stable, which costs more?

16. demerzel

demerzel Registered

They talked "almost" about this on discord. But IMHO this is again a case of "We don't want to answer that question". :D

Well, at least they admitted that the shadow system is bad and somewhere in the future we will get a different shadow system or an improved one.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  17. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Just to add,I knew I was going to have to spend £1500-2000 on a pc and wheel- pedals to be able to run modern games with any kind of comfort.
    So the question can go both ways,do you expect rf2 to not advance itself to cater for those with lesser hardware.
    It’s a tricky balancing act,they can’t please everyone and never will,but the main goal is to draw in new members/revenue,they won’t do that by sticking with dx9.
    This same argument was played out when iracing were developing and releasing dx11,it’s unfortunate for some and good f
    just one question,isn’t it normal that pcie 3.0 performs better than 2.0,or shouldn’t it be expected to perform better.

18. demerzel

demerzel Registered

http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/pci-express-3-0-vs-2-0-gaming-performance-gain/4/

ECAR_Tracks and juanchioooo like this.
  19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Usually there is only slight (0-5 fps) or non performance improvement at all.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  20. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Well in any event, there is one glaring issue that is so totally obvious to anybody with 2 brain cells to rub together is the reason more than any other that nobody is playing.

And that is the AI players being included in the player count of online servers. Nobody can find a server to drive in because of it. It's just so moronic it defies belief. And further more it's been like it for what feels like about 2 years now. It's literally a joke scenario. It must be there is some good reason such a simple thing cannot be fixed.

Regardless of anything else this is the thing that needs to be fixed. I aint saying it's gonna party time overnight if it got fixed, but without it no matter what you do with the sim no matter how good, nobody is interested in going in and out of servers full of ai drivers with misleading playercounts that is obvious.

I'm not pouring cold water on S397's efforts, they are doing a lot of stuff even if I don't like the cars but if your gonna leave the playercounts being totally wrong for what seems like 2 years you don;t need to be Einstein to predict the result of that.

Edit - Ah, I posted this a bit OT cause I was on P15 my mistake so its OT sorry about that, but what is said is true enough still and worth a thought. For sure!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    Ace Pumpkin, jjcook, SPASKIS and 3 others like this.