Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Mulero,
    I am not hard. I am realistic. I base on figures and as you probably know I have been following these data for several months already. According to those graphs I presume that the refund percentage with rF2 must be huge. The majority of reports from apparently newcomers have been claiming problems to properly run the game. Not so many asking other type of doubts regarding the game. In most cases the answer they get is not official but from other user.

When I have bought my new PC I have sent 3 messages regarding order details. The reply has been straightforward in all cases. It is hard to get a sale and it is quite easy to lose it.

You can pull your own leg by thinking it is due Christmas season or whatever excuse. All I know is that if this tendency is not reversed rF2 will simply die. Breathing is free and necessary but not enough to stay alive.

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

rfactor 1 how long has it been dead? and there is still someone who plays ... rfactor 2 has its market that will still be there, time to time ... arcade games are made for those who are made: proyect cars, great tourism, f1 codemaster, is made for easy market , children especially

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I did read the whole context. Seems like you didn't. Oh well, have a nice day.

PC2 is selling much slower than the first one tho.
    S397 probably knows what is the problem with rF2 compared to other sims (I'd target AC more than PC2). Thing is: do you think you can fix 5 years of mistakes in 12 months? I doubt it. Personally if RR had day/night cycle and weather I'd probably have left rF2 lol but I don't just find any other alternative... PC2 demo didn't get me

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    patchedupdemon and juanchioooo like this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

no problem mate, happy new year, regards

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Rf2 has a stigma about it in the sim racing community,it’s well agreed that it has one of the best physics models,but everything else,like ease of use,poor graphics and performance,lack of official content,no online aspect so speak,etc,the list is long.

It will take time for s397 to mould this product into a well received experience,and take longer for the community to change its opinion on rf2.
    When it comes to outright numbers I think the arcade less depth titles will always have the edge,and so the actual people that want simulation is rather low in comparison.

A racing sim will never have the numbers of what pc2 has,or ac,because the sim croudis just smaller,and already split between titles

If we are going to use numbers to judge the success of a sim,it’s best to comapre it to another,like it or not,iracing still holds the title for complete sim package so let’s over time see how rf2 fairs against that.

But either way expecting an overnight change,so to say,is unrealistic,because rf2 is a dog,and probably one hell of a bitch to work with,but changing reputation of rf2 will take longer I suspect,let’s give it another year under s397 leadership before we cast the final judgement.
    But even then iracing is going on ten years old,so to be fair let’s just give rf2 another 5 years and judge it,lol only kidding on that last note

6. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

iracing ?charge you for going to piss..it's an armed robbery, consented by its players... iracing notifies them of what their conditions are.
    before I prefer raceroom

I stay in rfactor 2 for many years

Emery and patchedupdemon like this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

And what do you think the problem is? Serious question :)

8. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I don't understand why people complain of performance, I chose a car, no AI, and kept my car parked in the garage while rain was falling over Silverstone. Not a single stutter, not a hiccup, the replay was smooth as butter, the noise of rain falling so calming.
    RF2 had my two CPU core busy performing it's advanced calculations in the background, my GPU kept busy painting the rain, both warming nicely my desk, nice Christmas time, helping push up RF2 stats.

Cheers.

9. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Just in case I didn't make myself properly clear to others and Ari...... I "like" to run the lower settings, the card has no difficulty running the higher settings and detail at decent fps if that was my want with that card for this sim. My point was, what is actually important to the sim player? All the pretty, or the game play and lack of lag or other potential issues all the time "if" your hardware isn't capable. For other games I play, where I like the pretty and it is important to me, that "is" turned to ultra...

10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

The user interface (how people interact with the game is still the same, and doesn't allow you to do what RF1 could).

You had a nice DW12 with all the superbly detailed Boxer's skin's? Bad luck you have lost them all unless you repack after extracting the skins, icons, and teams from the car mas. If not back to the original ones.

You had selected your teams for the C6R GT2, all lost as your nice Indy pack.

You had painted real skins for the BT20? All lost too.

I still cannot avoid the in my view awful GT3 skins.

So what happens, you wonder whether it's done on purpose, by ignorance or by neglect.

And what do you do?

In my case, I say Happy New Year to all men of good will, and I leave.

For an other player it may be it's brand new steering wheel not working (G29), for an other it will be his GPU which was perfectly fine with other games that cannot cope, etc.

Cheers.

11. Filip

Filip Registered

I have Lenovo Ideapad Y700 which should have pcie gen 3.
    How do I know if rf2 is running
    PCI-E 3.0 or PCI-E 2.0?
    Where can that be configured?

12. patchedupdemon

Use gpu-z to see what interface is running or check in your bios,or google your hardware and see if it’s 3.0 compliant

Filip likes this.
  13. patchedupdemon

Yeah I know iracing is a rip off,but still it offers the most complete package imho,simulation of different disciplines and a competitive online structure,is well optimised and easy to set up.
    For me rf2 is king of physics and iracing king of racing simulation,kings have to be compared to kings for a fair hearing imho

juanchioooo likes this.
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

everyone knows a new UI is coming.

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

1. Performance
    I would expect every new user to try to run the game in highest possible settings. For most users the results are frustrating especiallly when they compare them to other sims in the market. Frustration number 1. BTW when the first thing that you post when you release a new version is the settings for different hardware it is clear that you have a huge performance problem.

2. Accesibility
    No workshop integration within the game.
    The way content is managed is very user unfriendly. No user guide for beginners considering the complexity of the game. A how to get started tutorial for rF2 would be highly appreciated.

3. Game mode. No career mode or equivalent for offline players and poor online activity for those who prefer multiplayer. At some point ISI servers had some popularity. Today they are quite dead. The fun part of racing seems to be overlooked.
    4. Marketing
    Which is the official trailer of this game to help sell copies?

Those points seem essential if you want to attract those that are already spending their money on other sims.

McKiernan, ECAR_Tracks and MarcG like this.
  16. patchedupdemon

Agree with all but the point about “every one trying to run max settings”
    I’ve never been able to run max settings in any game I play,every game I’ve had to compromise graphics
    War thunder
    Rf2
    Iracing
    Wow
    Pc2 demo
    Raceroom
    The list goes on,people should only expect max settings if they have the hardware to run it,which i don’t,so I don’t expect it.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Thanks, good to read :)

SPASKIS likes this.
  18. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Me either but as a starting point I will put the highest settings to evaluate performance. When I see the result I start to lower things. Like it or not if the performance is below certain point especially if you compare it with other sims you have a problem.

The first time I tried to run rF2 with my old laptop it was a slideshow. I even bought the laptop I have now but still no good results despite it pretty much fulfilled the recommended characteristics. However some months later performance started improving and it became playable.

We are at the point where I have to play at 720p to keep 60fps. If I turn DX11 on I even lose more fps. What is the point of changing to DX11 if all the visuals will have a huge performance impact? I don't see the benefit. Maybe after spending over 2000 € in my new PC I will... But is this what S397 expects from their potential customers?

Bjørn likes this.
  19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

The problem is that If you go to LimeRock - 2.02 which is updated track with GT3 power pack, weather Overcats & Rain and use settings from your post # 292 you don`t get "100fps+ ALWAYS on triples" with your liquid-cooled AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 as you so bold state in that post and posting BS like that only hurts this game.
    There are to much focus to VR and single screen. Triple screen users are totally forgotten. Game is performing very bad especially if you tick multiview in rF2 video settings. I find it strange that S397 is ignoring triple screen users.

20. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Your Game A and Game B comparison aren't better either. I guess you are the expert and game developer who understand his trade. :D