Track Map Plugin

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by jefcam, Dec 28, 2017.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

With the new DX11 update for rf2 the great Track Map Plugin does not work anymore.

1. Any chance of making this important plugin work?

2. If no, is there a quick way to revert back to dx9?

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

1. No. Other alternatives will need to be developed for DX11. Plugins will not be used for painting in the screen. I just hope that the solution they provide is at least as flexible and powerful as the plugin method which has lead to very useful plugins. It is a shame that all the work done so far by several plugin makers will simply be useless when dx9 is unsupported. In over half a year this issue has been abandoner until it finally has become critic for some users. Maybe if the screen painting plugins would have been developed by official devs the story would have been different.

2. You can temporarily switch back to DX9 under rF2 properties beta tab in steam. Thia option won't be available for the next build.

SteveK, GT_ONE and Juergen-BY like this.
  3. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

At least they will still be useful to people not making the switch, like myself. Still more cons than pros at this stage in my eyes.
    Is the developer of track map plugin still even around?? I don't see a replacement for it or the pedals/FFB overlay plugin coming anytime soon for DX11.

4. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I explained a lot of times that the programmer Max "fazerbox" was no longer interested into the further development of the plugin. I, that helped Max in the development, found an agreement with another entity for continuing the development, improving also few features. Later a lot of things changed and there were other priorities. We know S397 will release the code for having plugins working on dx11 and I also hope to see a new build of TrackMap. In the meantime I tried to have again a positive answer by Max also for trying other ways, but unfortunately I didn't get any answer.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  5. Rock

Rock Registered

For all the unhappy people, I hope Max hears you!.

Slow Motion likes this.
  6. jefcam

jefcam Registered

I also worked with fazerbox in the past, when he released map plugin v1.06 for rFactor1. His email was fazerbox@gmail.com
    many years have passed :(

[​IMG]

7. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Max Dralle likes this.
  8. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Thanks, Paulfield!
    Very appreciated :)

9. jefcam

jefcam Registered

yes Simhub. A person in this thread suggested it to me. Very good. The closest thing to map plugin, however some features we had in map plugin we still do not have them because of present limitations in simhub. I am in contact with the developer of that hud.

10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

In the meantime there's CrewChief which is a good alternative.

11. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

Use simHub, is the best way for this, really.

12. AMillward

AMillward Registered

There's a couple of new HUDs on the workshop that work well too.

13. jefcam

jefcam Registered

the problem with HUD's is that you cant move things were you want, or maybe difficult to do so. SIMHUB is doing the job. A new release will be available soon and will have practically all we had in trackmapplugin.

14. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I use SimHub. It alowes to do a lot of things TrackMap could plus DeltaBest functionality. However and unfortunatelly many people had a problem of stuttering of SimHub overlays. Looks like it is CPU intensive or may be uses the same cores as RF2 does. I have i7 6700K operating at 4.2gHz, 980ti overclocked 16gB DDR4 and this setup is not enough to run smoothly in overlay mode.

15. Fern Lop

Fern Lop Registered

SimHub is great but .... it is a cpu "eater" - most of the times reaches 100% (increasing 30/40%) and it produces sttutering. At least for me.
    When I saw simhub I thought it was the answer to "not working anymore" trackmap.
    But if you use Arduino solution, people says it increases cpu only by 2%.
    So me it is not the solution, unless using Arduino solution.

16. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

Yes the biggest problem with SimHub is the CPU usage + it also still lacks a useful relative timing screen for me. It uses about 20-25% CPU for me (i5 3570k), which woudn't be a problem if the DX11 version of rf2 woudn't already use more cpu then the DX9 version did, so that's a vicious circle there.

So far it somehow worked out fine in my online races, but would be impossible for AI racing if I add 10+ of them.

17. jefcam

jefcam Registered

For me its working wonders. maybe you used full screen dashboards. Those yes maybe a bit demanding. But new version (soon) will have overlays (support for small widgets) - so less demanding for sure!

I've been in contact with simhub developer and we created for us leader boards with relative timings as shown below. He is still polishing something in these leaderboards. Still beta. Hope release very soon. The simhub developer is working hard for rf2 community.

settings:
    [​IMG]

showing two leaderboards:
    [​IMG]

lagg likes this.
  18. jefcam

jefcam Registered

just to give you an idea of some of the widgets we already have (mot work by developer and another guy FinesseSteez

[​IMG]

19. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Great job!
    I hope you can add unique features of TrackMap, like the mandatory widgets for ovals (WGL – Wheels Grip Level) and DRAFT (this one very useful also in all layouts), or useful for developers, like the BrakeTest, for testing also the brake torque.
    Thank you.

20. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I made WGL for myself. If you're interested I could PM you.