Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Well raise my rent they actually went and did it. It virtually knocked me off my seat...
    Those elusive raindrops on the windscreen. The eagle has finally landed!
    I am so glad for all those who have been caused so much pain by this omission over the years. I know its been rough on you, and it's even been funny at times. The saga is over!

Seven Smiles, jayarrbee36 and bwana like this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I doubt it much like that ...

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you do not know, I go well with the gtx 1060 and I'm doing fine ... he's going badly with the 1050ti ... he will improve the rfactor, as he has been improving little by little

pd.- to shout more has no more reason, so respect

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Why do you doubt ?

5. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Watch your lip Will, you gonna get banned going around talking like that.There aint no issues with RF2 whatsover, and there never will be. And there never has been.

6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I hope this...

7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yes you are going well, but you could go even better if rF2 didn't have this "bug" ;)

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Of course, but read the whole context, I would answer someone else about their hardware

pd.- do not shout that I read you equally well

9. stonec

stonec Registered

It depends on the situation of course. I wouldn't say a 1050 Ti and 1060 is equal under all scenarios with PCI-E 2.0. If you run maxed out post FX, then sure, GTX 1060 will perform a bit better, because post FX in rF2 is one of the few settings that doesn't add PCI-E bus load. But almost everyone with mid range GPU already has to lower post FX and rain FX etc. With GT3 content and my settings (medium graphic settings), the PCI-E 2.0 bus becomes the main factor, which makes a GPU upgrade pointless unless I want to run VR or 4K. I lose/gain almost nothing from under/overclocking my GPU. I don't know if GTX 780 of @dadaboomda is as much PCI-E limited, but I suspect it's part of the problem at least.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  10. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

What is the fascination for high detail settings anyhow? All that happens is a lot of grizzling about rubbish frame rates when on all the other sims they can allllllllllllll run on ultra. Go drive em then.

I have a vega 64 watercooled and run the same settings I did on an r270 on an amd 8350, which are high detail track and vehicle, low or off everything else... What I need to look at are well catered to by those 2 alone, 100fps+ ALWAYS on triples. Suck it up princesses and use the detail settings applicable to your machinery and stop complaining that the software requires a bit of grunt due to completely unrelated things such as "physics" and "real effects" that we really use rfactor2 for. I know I have no time at all to look at the scenery...other solution........drive faster...LOL

11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

With EVGA Precision X oc software,my bus usage is 1%,which is a known bug,what software do you use to measure bus usage

12. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

If you realize that one game is performing well on your hardware and another performing bad, then this shows you are an expert and a game developer who understands his trade.

PS: You may ignore that Game A is a "graphic Arcade Sim" Game that simulates and calculates very little except for the graphics, and Game B requires your entire system to be calculate a lot more, but that does not matter, you are Expert and know it better ......

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

14. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Just did a test at silverstone in the Calloway
    Gtx1060 i54690k triple 24” 1080p

Circuit detail full
    Player detail full
    Opponent detail full
    Texture detail full
    Texture filture x16 anisotropic
    Special effects medium
    Shadows off
    Blur off
    Soft particles off
    Rain low
    Road Reflection low
    Environmental reflection low
    Visible car 12
    3mirrors,no virtual mirror
    Fairly cloudy 730 am

On the starting grid 74fps once the flag drops 85fps solid.

We all know shadows are a killer but I found reflections too kill fps,also visiable cars.

Just switched top four settings to high instead of full and gained 16fps.

Before Xmas I was running the formula Isi with the top four settings on high and had a solid 120fps,just tried again and still the same.

Will try rain next

Same settings as latest test,Calloway etc,mainly cloudy and rain
    On the grid 50fps after the first couple of corners it fluctuates between 64-71fps

But the big difference for me is,even at 50fps there’s no stutter or tearing,it’s smooth as butter.

Don’t know if this will help anyone,just thought I do it to show that driving in the rain with a medium 10 series gpu is more than doable if you’re willing to notnrun ultra settings lol.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  15. Comante

Comante Registered

Yes I'm amazed too about how smooth RF2 has become. Now, even with low FPS you know that driving will be affected, but at least you don't want to pull out your eyes with a spoon as it was before.

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes who cares about shadows, rain effects or any other scenery. Turn all details off and you get descent performance. If you should not be happy that you can not use shadows or other fancy stuff buy one extra AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 liquid-cooled one card costs only $699.99 and perhaps you can use low shadows at few optimized tracks and get 100 fps with your triples o_O

Stop complaining, drive faster or go and drive other sims :rolleyes:

McKiernan and ECAR_Tracks like this.
  17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Another missed shot it seems. Unfortunately it seems that neither this release with its fancy rain effects combined with the Christmas sale price didn't get the attention from the audience. The tendency steam charts show is worrying at least.

Someone in S397 should urgently identify what's the problem with this sim.
    Screenshot_20171228-111638.png Screenshot_20171227-193429.png

Ari Antero likes this.
  18. Comante

Comante Registered

The problem is people are never happy: if they are alone, they want a woman, if they have a woman they want a topmodel, if they have a topmodel they want a rich topmodel, if they have a rich topmodel they want a bisex rich topmodel who loves threesomes with other topmodels and you as the only male. Rinse and repeat.

19. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Do not be so hard @SPASKIS. We are at Christmas, rF2 players are usually older people, with responsibilities and obligations. On these dates, despite the holidays, there is usually not much time to play.

Maximum numbers of players have decreased but the average number of players has increased by almost 30% in the last week. With the latest improvements in the public version, some of these players may continue playing the game for more than 2 days.

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I guess that you won't make your life out of market studies with such conclusions. Other sims seem to work. Over 45000 sales for PC2 in the last month.
    Screenshot_20171228-115522.png