[Official] DX9 vs DX11 performance difference

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by 4thworld, May 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stonec

stonec Registered

Thanks, I do this for fun :). FPS is better in this build, but unfortunately rain effects consume a lot of FPS as well, so most probably don't notice the FPS improvement. I did another quick test with start grid FPS at Silverstone, 20 GT3 cars. What is confusing is the big loss of FPS from dry to rain with raindrops off, I find it hard to understand. FPS difference with raindrop levels is small.

rF2 rain.png

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the simulation has many mathematical calculations on physics, besides the calculations by graphics, and it is not as easy as for another kind of games, that spend a lot on graphics but little on physics, really everything is mathematical calculations ...

Rui Santos likes this.
  3. Emery

Emery Registered

I'm not sure how you set your "no rain", but clouds consume fps compared to no clouds.

4. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

Yeah, rain fps is a disaster, unfortunately :(

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

If I run the same exact settings in dx11 as I did in dx9,regardless of fps the image still looks way better than dx9 did.
    So dx11 seems to be running better graphics than dx9 with the same settings on my system and with my eyes.
    From what you’re saying,dx11 doesn’t run any improved graphics when set to the same graphics settings as dx9.
    Is that true because my eyes are telling me different

Example dx9 min settings vs dx11 min settings

6. demerzel

demerzel Registered

I stumbled across this video today. It's from 2014.

Amanda Santini likes this.
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm sorry you can't accept what the dev says (not me remember!), it would be good if you could respond to my earlier request and post your benchmark results from DX9 and then DX11.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I know I have to upgrade my hardware. It is already 5 years old. This is more or less what I will be getting.

Attached Files:

Prodigy and patchedupdemon like this.
  9. patchedupdemon

That’s a beast of a pc,like it very much,Are you building it yourself ,save a few hundred.
    I’m thick as pig shit and found building my pc easy,your a clever bloke so should find it easier.lol

10. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

Why cant rF2 have a standard benchmark mode so it will be much easier to compare results? Load a field of stock content and let rF2 do the work?

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I already ordered it. I am not good with PC hardware. Hopefully next week I will be able to drive rF2 with nice graphics and no fps problems any more.

Eddy and patchedupdemon like this.
  12. stonec

stonec Registered

It's not much use to have dedicated benchmark when each new piece of content that gets released runs at different rate, and usually is heavier than previous content. For example USF grid of 20 cars at Matsusaka runs around 90 FPS at start, with GT3 cars it's 55 FPS.

13. Martin Dyrlund

Martin Dyrlund Registered

Rates? No idea what it is. I have no idea what track or car that would suit such benchmark test. Just coming with an idea becuase the amount of different numbers etc in this thread is just not very usable and people get more confused.

The result files could include everything the devs need, like apps running in the background, plugins all that stuff they have to ask for over and over again...

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Sorry I meant frame rates (FPS). It's a bit pointless to make a benchmark when the next content they release will probably again run at poorer FPS and demand more from the hardware. Frame rate drop from Nissan GT500 to GT3 pack was something around 30-40%, so they'd need to update the benchmark with each new car released and results would not be compatible anymore.

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I7-3770k. 2x780Ti, PCI- e@3.0 x16, x16 > GT3 at Silverstone, 40 AI, PP Ultra, AA Level 5 all settings in-game settings MAX.
    SLI at Nola 2.jpg
    Bus loads, 92/85%, RAM, 11533/19439 MB :(

16. patchedupdemon

Is that saying 21% usage for the cpu and 11gb used out of 19gb ?

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No 11 gb used of 16 gb, 19gb is vram usage

18. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

@Ari Antero I'm not sure I understand whats the problem.. it seems like good SLI scaling, considering how SLI is not good optimized in RF2. Or are you pointing out at high RAM usage of 11 gb?

19. patchedupdemon

Can’t be,780ti only had 3gb vram,and having two doesn’t need mean 6gb vram either.
    I’m confused

From that screen shot you are maxing our your gpus vram,of just over 3gb.
    Could that mean your gpus are bottlenecking your cpu,which is why it only says 21% usage

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Does not mater if you are running single card or SLI. Bus usage +-90% and PC ram usage is huge if max settings are used. SLI gives you +40% better performance with DX11 then with DX9.
    Reason I made this test is that many are talking about CPU running out of real time but I believe that huge system usage is the reason who so many has problems with rF2 when too high game settings and to may AI`s are used.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.