[REL] Metalmoro MR1 Prototype 1.51

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Slow Motion, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

Thank you for this wonderful little car, just gave it a spin and the car feels great to drive.

2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Great fun to drive....Thanks for sharing it. :cool:

3. philman

philman Registered

Nice little car.

pkelly likes this.
  4. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

awesome car!!!! really impressed, roll cage sucks but guessing thats what the real drivers put up with.

Cant wait to do a big online race in them.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Shawn you can get rid of diagonal roll bar in tuning menu at car selection . A blast to drive FFB is great !! Would love higher detail texture on dash but can certainly overlook that . ( excuse the pun )

Shawn Jacobs likes this.
  6. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

Oh hell yeah!!! Thanks man.

Sim racing Australia future league car? It really is that fun to drive!

bwana likes this.
  7. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The ffb is very nice indeed :)

bwana likes this.
  8. bwana

bwana Registered

Yep would make for some great close racing !!!

9. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

@Slow Motion

Is there an issue with the downshift noise, it seems to be very distorted and quite loud compared to upshifting or just getting off the throttle.

Also not sure if it's how it's supposed to be but on wing 1 the car becomes basically undrivable, understanding this is very minimal wing but the difference between 1 wing and 2 wing is massive.

Thanks again for developing the mod, brings a massive smile to my face driving it!

Lukas Lichten likes this.
  10. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Mod was tested by the owner and pro-driver, that also produced specific data and requests.

bwana likes this.
  11. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Is this car rear wheel drive

12. bwana

bwana Registered

T
    Rear tyres heat when you drop the clutch and it certainly drives like a RWD.

patchedupdemon likes this.
  13. Shawn Jacobs

Shawn Jacobs Registered

No worries, thanks mate, Ive rewatched the video and yeah the bov really is that noisey on lift off, guessing it's just simulated a lot more on downshift then lift off :)

Thanks again!

Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  14. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

I would have recommended to look up that data over CarStat, except the current version can not open this car because slow motion forgot to define the optimal brake temperature, which is usually defined over the four value BrakeResponseCurve property for each wheel, which is mysteriously absent. Now rf2 will load some default values in it's place, and the development version of CarStat does the same, but still...

Also, why can you not do any driver change, at all? I thought this car was build for endurance...

Anyway, back to the question: Yes, the car is rwd.
    And it is awesome to drive!

patchedupdemon likes this.
  15. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Sincerely, I didn't get real data about BrakeOptimumTemp= but I didn't ask specifically for it, so default data could be the best choice.
    About driver change, you are right and I'll add it into a further build.

Lukas Lichten likes this.
  16. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

This car feels really great to drive and as an I enthusiast for hot hatches, I really enjoy it.
    I have a problem with sound though: motor sound saturates quickly and becomes garbled, which is very unpleasant.
    Is there any workaround ?
    Also, is there an update planned to bring rain support ?

17. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

About sound, I already answered few post above: to go more in deep, sounds, volumes, etc... were updated just on request of the owner of the car, also tuned at default rF2 level and 7.1
    About a full rain update, we'll do it in the future, because we need only to update the windows

18. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

Thanks for your answer. On my relatively crappy PC stereo speakers, motor sound becomes quickly distorted and garbled at higher RPMs. That's the only reason that prevents me to drive this car more. No other car in rF2 do this.

19. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Registered

I have the same issue with distorted sounds, using a headset. I'm not complaining about the sounds themselves, I just can't judge them! :) But it is quite unpleasant to hear, and refrain me to use that great car that much… which is a shame, it is great to drive! Not sure what is wrong, I have never experienced something like that with others mods or games? It there something we could do on our side?
    Thank you for all the work you've done, it is nice to see a car reproduced so well!

20. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I would like to fix this problem, but it is really very difficult because I don't hear anything that can annoy. At the same time I understand how much can annoy a "distorted" sound!
    If you hear the real sound (there are several videos of the MR1 like the one in post #35) we can say we are not far from him and the owner of the MR1 asked specifically for enhancing some rattle, etc...
    What I could try to do is to decrease the overall saturation of the whole sampled sounds, maybe it can be of help, but without perceiving this noise just now, it is not so easy.
    The question is: what does it happen if you rotate the switch of sound speaker or decrease the overall volume in rFactor2? Maybe it is much easier than re-sampling sounds.
    Thank you

alexSchmurtz likes this.