Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. LokiD

LokiD Registered

pitch black kart track in the wet . when other parts looked nice. FPS low as 30 on the start.

Attached Files:

2. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Very very relevant.

But I saw it too late, I was stupefied the spirit to do 4 hours of performance tests ...

All advice and suggestions or combinations of pre-defined parameters are welcome ;)

Thank you!

3. Magus

Magus Registered

Getting round to test the car & tracks and so far all I can say is thank you for the update and well done on a fantastic job!

Wishing you all at S397 & fellow forum members a Merry Christmas and a happy, healthy, & prosperous 2018!

coltair, Dady Cairo, GrimDad and 3 others like this.
  4. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Are these the only packages that got updated as I am sure that I got more......Is there more to come that hasn't been added?

5. yippssy

yippssy Registered

Formula Renault 3.5 has been updated on 22nd December but it's not in the list.

Is it updated?

Edit:
    AC427SC
    Panoz
    F-2
    Atlanta
    Toban
    Portugal
    Mills Metro
    Quebec
    Sao Paulo

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
  6. bwana

bwana Registered

Every time I restart steam seems a few more are updated , rather than flood the server maybe they are drip feeding it ?

7. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

After spending more time in the rain with GT3 at Silverstone with graphics maxed out in 4K, I must say I am impressed by the rain work and how it looks and feel. What impressed me the most is how the road changes visually as water accumulates, and the changing reflections affected by lighting and weather conditions (going rain to just cloudy or sunny for example).
    This is very atmospheric and immersive. Also in 4K and with AA at max, the image quality is super clean, something I cannot say for every sim unfortunately. The one thing that maybe could be improved is the appearance of the falling rain outside of the car, even more so in external cams. Also at Silverstone I noticed what seems a bug: when it is raining, it never rains on a small section between the first corner and the second.

DaveS78, patchedupdemon and GrimDad like this.
  8. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

You got more because we switched items in the ISI workshop from the cache. But it's the same content :)

wrxxy likes this.
  9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I have a question about the updated S397 Mod`s, some version numbers are (maybe) wrong updated?
    The F2 was previous version Formula2_2012v201, while the latest version is Formula2_2012_v1.95?

10. andrea_274

andrea_274 Registered

I did some test just today, with updated cars and tracks. In dry conditions, the game is fluid, and is graphically a beauty.
    With 19 AI on track (mixed GT1, GT3, GT4 and GT500), starting from 20th position on grid, @silverstone with a lot of rain and thunderstorm, never under 40 fps. Not so good, but playable in extreme conditions.
    Surely everything needs to be still optimized, and probably the game is no longer suitable for low end PCs, but I am very optimistic.
    My PC specs: i5 4690k @stock, Ballistic 8G, RX580 4G, SSD MX300 525G. LG29UM68 with Freesync active.

A question about Freesync, can devs recommend the best configration to have low latency while keeping freesync active?

My graphic settings:
    Immagine.1jpg.jpg

Immagine.jpg

Keep pushing S397!

Sorry for my bad english.

Have a nice Xmas!

11. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

That was on purpose. Just make sure you don't have the old one installed ;)

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Brianza 1966 2.04 i`m getting allways "Failed Verfication". Even after unsub and resub...any hints?

13. Claudio Navonne

Claudio Navonne Registered

14. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Thx for the heads up..........

15. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

I’ll have some of what you’re smoking :cool:

ede78 and Prodigy like this.
  16. Comante

Comante Registered

Ahaha it's Xmas windscreen, it's not a trouble, but a feature :D
    Jokes apart, just made a stress test of the new build.
    I have a R9.280X toxic (that is a OC version).
    Well, took 20 McLaren to silverstone, put them under a heavy rain, just to see those astounding reflections a droplets.
    For starter : the visual impact is AWESOME, while I know that from the physics standpoint nothing is yet changed, it's a great improvement in immersion.
    Performance wise yes, those awesome visual effects come to a cost, and while with little traffic on the dry I have around 90 fps stable (capped in player.json), at racestart with 19 AI under heavy rain at silverstone I have 45, then during race I was around 55/60 when I was far from the group. In my opinion, while the FPS drop is quite consistent, I could not expect that all that eyecandy come at no cost at all. RF2 is still smooth and playable even with not awesome FPS, and I'm sure that reducing a bit of reflections, an with a bit less details here and there, the drop could be contained and the visual impact could still be good enough. It's a matter of finding a personal taste preference, and it's a good things that so many parameters could be tweaked in control panel.
    I personally think that I will start to introduce a little chance of rain in my offline racing weekend, even if there are still some thing to improve AI wise. I think now, more than ever, there is need of some "AI manager" that is able to dictate tire stragegy and pitstops for quali and race and that supervision single pilot decisions. Now If I want to make a quick race, and rain happen at race start, or immediately after, almost all AI will pit at the first lap, instead of starting race with the appropriate tires.

Churrinche and patchedupdemon like this.
  17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

18. Emery

Emery Registered

Yay, rain affects the windshield and there are wipers! FPS is affected at about the rate I expected.

The not so good:
    Yes, other games have better rain effects; didn't really notice much difference in raindrop activity as speed changed. Trackside camera effect is poor and I'm glad to hear it will be improved. GT3 AI drive much worse than I do at Silverstone, braking way too late in the wet on rain tires, so essentially not useful to run wet races offline at this time. Found it odd that the wipers automatically come on full speed in the garage while my mechanics haven't automatically given me rain tires.

So... looking forward to the next update.

Question:
    Will windshield dirt buildup be cleared by using the wipers, leaving a film outside the wiper area?

M D Gourley and patchedupdemon like this.
  19. darcidm

darcidm Registered

HUD with Delta Best Here

Prodigy likes this.
  20. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I haven’t used rf2 for over a week and I must say,the dry weather graphics look better than I can remember,the cockpits look much sharper.
    Heavy clouds and storm with 15 ai I lost around 40 fps on the start 127-90 but then it evened out at around the 100 fps.
    Not bad at all,like emery said can’t wait for more improvements,especially the drops of rain moving as the speed increases on windshield,and the rain in front of track cam to be toned down abit.
    Silverstone has two corners where the rain disappeared,the one opposite the pit exit and the other one I forgot lol.
    Rf2 is looking brilliant,and will only improve as time goes by,can’t wait to see what the product looks like as a whol this time next year
    Thank you s397