Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. bwana

bwana Registered

Seems its tire wear, part of the new HUD.. Well done S397

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You need both. The lower version is for the physics and 3d model and the higher version is for the skins.

3. TIago Santana

TIago Santana Registered

Which Settings Recommendations of Post FX level and AA settings for a mid range GPU?
    Thanks

dadaboomda and SPASKIS like this.
  4. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Sorry.....I tried DX11 once again but couldn't do it so I'm back to DX9, this time for good.

My old mod tracks look way better in DX9 with max settings than DX11 without PP effects and I need my plugins.
    The FFB multiplier got reset to 1.00 in all the updated cars and I feel naked without the FFB plugin and also without track map so if no more updates to DX9 means I'm gonna miss out on the new UI, so be it, rF2 in DX9 is still my fave sim.

One thing however, as some already mentioned some content is missing. In my case it's the NSX and 'Vette road cars as far as i could tell.
    I unsubscribed and re-subscribed on Steam but did nothing, the cars are still missing.

5. AceLain

AceLain Registered

You have to select them in garage
    Front AND rear for the GT3 cars

DaveS78 likes this.
  6. Depco

Depco Registered

Its raining in my bentley

7. bwana

bwana Registered

Need the updated weather proof one

8. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

We did address that, and I posted here on the forum how to fix it for existing installs. Let me quote from my own post: Configure your server in "multiplayer.json" to no longer announce itself with the ISI matchmaker by setting: "Announce Host": false

We've made that the new default, but for existing profiles you need to adjust this yourself.

9. Marcel Offermans

Noted. Some of the existing HUDs do render some of the new HUD features already, but not always in exactly the right place. We will very soon come with an updated HUD that addresses this. And yes, in this case those extra numbers are a more exact representation of tyre wear (as a percentage). Other new things, like delta best, will come as part of this new update. If you can't wait that long, in dev mode we have a HUD editor that will help you tweak or build your own.

10. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I love it to be honest. Still can't do full res but that's clearly because of my gtx780. The rain is just great. The new lighting system is very cool as well and I still have to do a day/night circle to appreciate the enhancement. When external cameras zoomed in, the raindrops become quite big. Otherwise no problem whatsoever.

And big thanks for updating all the content and getting rid of the extra weight BEFOR christmas! lol.

Can't wait for the Hud and UI to complete the package now. But that's obvious. With all the good stuff you guys do, I just want you to update every corner of this game.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  11. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Proud member of the rfactor clan!
    Thanks S397!
    Took this sim way ahead of the competition!

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  12. Marcel Offermans

Noted. We'll address that in 2018, because of the way the drops work, with extreme zoom they become rather big. We don't particularly like that effect either so we'll try to replace it with something more suitable when we can.

13. smbrm

smbrm Registered

[QUOTE=" Still can't do full res but that's clearly because of my gtx780.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering if you are wiling to share your graphic settings for the gtx 780?

Cheers

dadaboomda likes this.
  14. Flaux

Flaux Registered

I thought it could be done with some sort of clipplane or lodin/out to stop the rain moving with the zoom at a certain point. But that's too easy I guess. lol.

Speaking of clipplanes. I use a 21:9 monitor and have the problem that stuff on the far left and right often doesn't get the occlusion/shadows generated. Looks like it is clipped from the scene. Has that been reported already in the past?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  15. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Just wondering if you are wiling to share your graphic settings for the gtx 780?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

GFX settings are usually on full. That is why I lowered the resolution. But in recent builds I did lower the soft-particles to low. And I use PP on low with vsync on and lvl1 AA. Still have to check the new options to make the rain fluid. But it was "okay" with raindrops on med and roadreflections on high. I get occasional drops under 60, but I can live with it as I don't do online racing or league racing at the moment. Small grids aswell. 10 to 15 cars only.

16. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Nice update! Really surprised how good rain looks now :)

17. Bogdy

Bogdy Registered

Anyone nows why some cars don't install even if i'm subscribed .
    I unsubscribed and subscribed and still dont install.
    BTW amazing update and i dont see any performance drop in the rain.:)

18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

What does the soft particles setting actually do

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Hi,
    i have a question. I`m getting with the latest LRP & Megane weired shadow issues in cockpitview. Everything is looking very "washed out" and the shadow is moving around. Is this something on my end?
    shadow_issue_b1109_rain.png

My ingame settings:
    settings.png

CBash and Shader were deleted.

//Edit: PP None

Last edited: Dec 22, 2017
  20. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Thanks for Civic tires update :D
    Why delta time just -1.0 sec to +1.0? Need at least five second deltas