Targa Florio WIP

Discussion in 'Locations' started by 6e66o, Oct 1, 2012.

1. myself9

myself9 Registered

Mauro and jonelsorell like this.
  2. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Thank you !!!

3. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thank you very much. I liked the dust and thought it suited the location but it really wasn't conducive to good performance. Much appreciated that you're doing all you can.

4. myself9

myself9 Registered

5. crz

crz Registered

Wow the track is looking much better than I remembered, had a blast with the Cobra last night!.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's actually stunningly well done when you think of its roots. The road mesh needs work ahead of any graphics. Then AIW. Then trees. Then other graphics.

Some of the textures and buildings look better than current era content! A tribute to the artistry of those who created this awesome piece of work.

jonelsorell likes this.
  7. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

This thing is amazing - I didn't think I was ever going to get to the end of the lap. ;) Well done to all.

8. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Can not download, no Captcha!:(:confused:

9. myself9

myself9 Registered

Strange. I just checked the link and it seems fine. Is it still giving you a hard time?

10. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

I made a free account and downloaded. Tried to get it off the server but no joy. But I am set now. Thanks!!

11. Gupster

Gupster Registered

It downloaded for me with no problem... didn't ask for a captcha... straight to the DL.. Thanks for the work myself!

12. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

After reading your post I tried again and works fine now (not using my account). !?:confused:

13. otta56

otta56 Registered

Would there be any interest in further development of the track using the gJED tool?

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I sure hope so and I hope it makes the job easier. The ultimate gJED test would be this track!!

15. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

And targa the ultimate track^^

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thank you very much to the modders of this circuit: it is really great.

This track is totally unique, because it is like open road in the Sicilian countryside. Exciting.

Do the modders have for project to improve it? If not, would a modder want to do it (with the permission of the authors)?

After a lap here is what seems necessary (I am not expert) :

- Targa Florio in DX11
    - Put holes and small bumps on the track (it looks too smooth and you do not feel enough in the steering wheel).
    - The trees must no longer be "pierced", we must not be able to pass through.
    - I'm not sure that the realroad works properly (I do not know anything so it should check).
    - I speculate, because on my system the shadows are disabled :
    On rfactor 1 the shadows did not work very well.
    - The road is graphically a little "sad": it lacks details or nuances and there is no rubber :
    But fear that on this point it does remake too many things (too much work).
    - Finally, the AI seems not to work (tested with two cars).

EDIT :
    Post adressed in part to @myself9 who, thank you very much, contributed has improving the Circuit.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
  17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

This circuit has advantages that makes it totally unique in RF2, there is really no equivalent.

In particular :

- Huge length (72 km)
    - Huge variety of bends and track configurations
    - Fantastic immersion in a real country road in beautiful Sicily...

In fact guys, I think we could largely do this :

Minor improvements of the track (so much less modding work) that are simply :

- Integration of a functional realroad (there is no realroad ...)
    - Integration of dynamic sky / time of day
    - Less essential, make so that trees / bushes and other objects are NOT pierced.

Frankly I do not know anything about circuit modding. But I think these 3 tasks are relatively short for this big circuit of 72 km (I'm wrong maybe). The first two points are the most important I think.

I would find it great that a modder invest time in it, because I sincerely believe that the interest is great !

PS: read the thread's posts, but I'm pretty sure that permission to improve the track has been given.

Thank you.

18. filippu

filippu Registered

:D

The interest you have to request and rant all the time about things you like is great indeed.

Some people took a lot of time (many years) to do the track to GPL. Other people took time to convert it to rF. Other people took time to convert it to rF2. Just take the damn track as it is, or leave it. The last post in this thread was two years ago anyway.
    Besides, if you spent less time ranting about anything on the forum and gave modding a try, maybe you could do yourself stuff that you'll enjoy driving later.

19. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I do not care what you think. And even more of your value judgments.

I know that people like this track, I saw it on other forums.

In addition, the changes I want are only about the realroad and the dynamic sky : it is not about asking to improve the 72 km of circuits.

If a modder is interested, I want him to spend little of his free time on it.

Without the realroad the interest of the track is greatly diminished.

If I was not reasonable, I would ask the modders to improve the whole track, which I do not wish at all my dear Philippu

20. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Realroad on a 72kms road?Nobody have time to make that,you dont have ideia how hard is to implement realroad on a road like this,it can be done yes,but is gona be an waste of time.