Community Videos Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Oct 21, 2013.

1. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

2. green serpent

green serpent Registered

"Enjoy the glory and passion of this scarlet stallion as it prances across your screen in majestic slow motion." ;)

3. Pocisk

Pocisk Registered

Polish Simracing Championships on rFactor 2 - DTM Series
    Big final - Zandvoort

Zandvoort 02 - Kopiaa.jpg

Live stream:

Live timing:
    http://irg-world.com/live/?id=48

Thx 4 all your support, have fun :cool:

4. Luccas

Luccas Registered

RFactor 2 - Ferrari 1991 @Rouen-Les-Essarts

My Channel

ede78 and green serpent like this.
  5. Luccas

Luccas Registered

RFactor 2 - Nissan GTR @Road Atlanta

My Channel

6. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

7. green serpent

green serpent Registered

Hope it's ok to put this vid in here, just thought it would be an interesting watch.

8. green serpent

green serpent Registered

This mod is absolutely fantastic. These are the types of cars that I wish S397 would bring into the sim - cars that move around on their suspension, are ridiculously easy to control at medium pace and over the limit, but extremely difficult to extract 100% pace out of. Make this 3PA content so more people can give this a go. Okay I am an Aussie so I am bias, but bloody oath this car is great to drive lol. Okay rant over.

9. tjc

tjc Registered

Nibiru likes this.
  10. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Ladies and Gents,
    The RFactor 2 Advanced Setup Guide is about to be updated and re-launched as "The SimRacers Performance Guide"
    It has had a freshen up and some improvements including the support and collaboration of my team ACR Zakspeed.
    They include a section on Finding Driver Performance ;Technique, Tactics, Strategy.
    We have also linked a lot of video resources to help tell the story, some of them existing and some of them bespoke videos.
    It is currently in the hands of one of the worlds fastest gamers who is giving it the once over before signing off on it.

These two bespoke videos have been made to support Chapter 2 "Setup Parameters".

Cheers
    David

11. Emery

Emery Registered

Despite that tuning is tuning, I can't help but think the revised guide should have waited for the new UI to be released. Are you going to reissue it when the new UI is in our hands?

12. David O'Reilly

[QUOU="Emery, post: 925347, member: 24076"]Despite that tuning is tuning, I can't help but think the revised guide should have waited for the new UI to be released. Are you going to reissue it when the new UI is in our hands?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your question. I don't think so Emery, from my perspective the story is about the engineering parameters and setup. What form or order in which the parameters are presented in game in the UI makes no difference to the concepts or the story. The new guide is in fact not just Rfactor 2 specific. (yes massive cash grab from the drivers of "lesser sims") I could for example have done these videos in iRacing, Rfactor 1, or Race Pro on Xbox. Or for that matter standing next to a real car. So things like UI schemes will change over time but this here is an engineering story.(imo the last truly excellent guide is 15 years old!)

As to the "tuning is tuning" thing. If someone is an expert, has all the concepts and a process of what order they should be dealt with dialed in they may not need any help.I totally respect that.
    This story (not just these two videos but the full one) is ultimately about where to start, where to stop, what process to follow once you understand what EVERYTHING does and how they interact. Then if you need to make a change, what change will hurt elsewhere the least.
    In my experience a lot of really really fast drivers don't know all that. Then even the ones who do have a great knowledge of what settings do what, don't know where to start or with the car in what state.
    Then even the ones who get that right do things in a different order or with differing "go-to" adjustments. Within my team ACR Zakspeed we have three or four guys now who we can say are really knowledgeable and thorough, lets say "engineers" on the setup process. They really have a good handle on it and the other 66 drivers rely heavily on them. But even testing setups from those guys I will sometimes go back and say "this bit doesn't make sense" or find a way to optimise it further and give it back to them.
    So what I am saying is that if you ask 20 experts to set up a car you will get 20 different answers. This is one of them that seems to work.

That's before we get into race strategy, driver performance, race craft and mentality which we have had a crack at.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  13. Ismail Yakubu

Ismail Yakubu Registered

14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Softening springs is softening springs. The effect will be different across each sim, but the concept is the same.

I'll have to check this out, particularly the bit about finding performance! I'm guessing the 'worlds fastest gamer' that is working on it is Sir Michi of Hoyer?

David O'Reilly likes this.
  15. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

16. David O'Reilly

Lord Hoyer is not a bad guess......but I'm afraid no cigar! Michi is collaborating again with me on this one but there is another new name too. He was in that same final with Michi, but a few places further forwards ;).
    I hope to be in a position to reveal in a few days.
    While we are here, episode 3 in the series.

17. Balázs Toldi

Balázs Toldi Registered

VSR BTCC 2017 | rFactor2 | R6 Knockhill | Balazs Toldi OnBoard

18. Skan

Skan Registered

19. Leonardo Nogueira

Leonardo Nogueira Registered

And here comes formula-E

20. David O'Reilly

Episode 4 in the series.
    Here we take our "Skid pan/Short Oval" set and start creating a "base setup" for your car.