[Wish] A viewable grid order in warmup

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by DJCruicky, Dec 16, 2017.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

After qualifying and the game moves from 'Qualify' to 'Warm-up' users can no longer see where they (or other drivers) have qualified. With the new UI on the way, I would like to be able to see my starting position in the 'warm-up' session before the race.
    Sometimes in our league, the grid is edited by an admin and I would like to know where I've been moved to on the grid.
    A button or tab to view the race starting grid order of drivers in 'warm-up' session would be very helpful.

Also, if logged in as admin, to be able to move drivers Up and Down this list would be great too without the need to remote connect to the Dedicated server.

cheers

DJC

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    lagg, McFlex, SPASKIS and 3 others like this.
  2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That would be nice. And moving drivers up and down by moving their names in the list with the mouse would be very convenient :)
    I dont understand why admins still need to do stuff by typing commands, it's 2017, come on S397...

Vance Le Garde likes this.
  3. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

If your logged onto the server during warmup you can move people up and down with the mouse, highlight name & click the up or down arrow, done.
    Or use GridEdit for simple reverse grids
    ezy az bro

SS

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Would you be talking about in game or dedicated server? I would like to be able to do this via the game, not just via the dedicated server. I could not see this in game, I've just looked.

I'll also report a bug here. If an admin has edited the grid order with the dedicated server, then if we need to restart the warm-up session for what ever reason then a problem comes up.... the grid resets to how it was before the editing of the grid and has to be done again.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You can use a batch file to reload the grid.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

For some reason the batch file did not work in our server, some drivers get moved, some others dont.
    Anyway.... enough with external solutions! Need this stuff in game, not plugins you must check forums to see if they exist/work/got updated;

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I forgot to say that it would be good to have what you ask for! Just trying to help meanwhile.

The wish list items in this forum seem to go directly to the vertical file. I wonder what real changes will the new UI bring apart from the aesthetic part after one year.

8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Add the ability to do this in single player as well. Bump someone back a few spots in a race event if they punted someone off the road or send the driver you don't like to the back of the grid because reasons.

Would be a good way of simulating grid penalties if you're doing a modern F1 "career mode" or something.

MarcG likes this.