Suddenly unable to log in to RF2 account.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Mike Crimlis, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Mike Crimlis

Mike Crimlis Registered

Since last night, I'm unable to log into my RF2 account. I instead get the "UNEXPECTED NETWORKING ERROR" message.

I am running build 1098 on PC with no Steam. I only want to log in so my content is available. I'm sure it wasn't previously necessary to log in every time I started the programme and it's an annoyance to me to have to do this, does anyone know a way to avoid it?
    My content has already been verified etc. so it's frustrating not to have access to the extra stuff just because I can't get it online.

I have no firewall issues (obviously, I can connect to the internet and S-397 forum!) I have tried with the firewall switched off.

I changed nothing before trying to connect in the usual way last night.

I get the same error message if I try to reset my password.

I have reset my connection.

I have contacted S-397 support. They have not responded.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

ISI shut down their match maker, 1098 is still ISI's version of rf2, if I'm not mistaken. So that's most likely why.

3. Mike Crimlis

Mike Crimlis Registered

I suspect it has something to do with that too. I'm pretty pissed off, I bought a lifetime licence and never used to need a connection for every session, only if I re-installed but now things have changed and I'm stuck with 3 cars and one terrible track.

If it is because they have washed their hands of the product and switched off their servers then it's pretty bad behaviour and I expect them to sort it. I only have Rfactor2 because I've no broadband connection, only a crappy 3G signal so if I'm unable to run the old version offline then ISI/S-397 won't get anything out of me for the Steam version, I'll go back to iRacing instead.

4. ceecee

ceecee Registered

5. stonec

stonec Registered

You need to contact ISI, not S397. S397 has nothing to do with the old non-Steam product. But I agree it's pretty poor from ISI, it could not have cost them much to maintain the matchmaker, but seeing as their website was hacked weeks ago and it still isn't back up fully, I would hold no hopes regarding the matchmaker.

Mike Crimlis likes this.
  6. zuber

zuber Registered

I have the same problem, how to fix this problem ?

7. zuber

zuber Registered

Thank you for your answer.
    Fortunately, I still have first and the best rFactor !
    On a DVD :)