So about that new UI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lino Carreira, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Registered

No info on that since August ?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Except for the October roadmap update?

3. Emery

Emery Registered

Try the October Roadmap (https://www.studio-397.com/2017/10/roadmap-update-october-2017/):
    "We also wanted to replace the existing UI with something that was more maintainable, flexible and future-proof. Throughout the year, we’ve already previewed quite a few screenshots and artist’s impressions, and by now I’m sure everybody is wondering when we will release the first version. The client part of the UI is in private beta testing now, and we are receiving lots of feedback about all aspects of it."

4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I stayed at this roadmap too.

For those of you who occasionally go to Discord or other communications or forums, do you have any additional information, especially on the progress and the months / quarters that you can expect to get out of?

5. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

It would be wonderful if they delivered the new UI along with the dx11 as a bonus.

6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Or... a first version to manage the aquaplanning with dx11 v1 and rain graphics effects.
    It's only a thought, I do not believe it for a second.

On the other hand I hope enormously that at the same time as the dx11 V1, they allow us in the current UI to be able to regulate more graphic settings, and especially to regulate them very finely ... it is one of the ways to highly optimize performance even without the graphics engine being optimized.

I also hope that they have improved the shadows in terms of performance and quality (this is part of their "priorities").

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It'll come when it's ready.

8. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Especially anti aliasing

9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Of course, but I must not be the only one to be impatient :) !

10. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Pretty sure it was mentioned that new UI will be next year. No hint as to when. DX11 and rain this year, UI next year.

ebeninca and dadaboomda like this.
  11. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I just hope the new UI allows us to use a controller or keyboard to navigate the menus instead of requiring a mouse. I don't have a mouse near when I'm using my Oculus Rift.

Harmermania likes this.
  12. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

Not at all... its the one and only thing keeping me from dx11. :D

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The afore-mentioned October roadmap says the "completely new HUD system" will be next year. However, the "improved HUD" is listed as one of the reasons (with expo feedback, and content that needs updating) for the delay in dx11 becoming default. In the middle of that section is a vague "which you can definitely expect before the end of this year".

So from the roadmap all we can do is read between the lines and take guesses. Do you know of something said somewhere else, in discord perhaps?

14. stonec

stonec Registered

UI will appear before Half-Life 3, no worries.

TheGame316 likes this.
  15. rocketjockeyr6

rocketjockeyr6 Registered

OMG!!! I just died a little. :D
    Soooo pissed at Valve for leaving us on such a bloody ultimate cliffhanger... :rolleyes:
    One of the greatest video game storylines in history... trashed. :confused::mad::oops:o_O:rolleyes:

16. Carr

Carr Registered

As long as the new UI allows for individual PP graphics settings instead of the generalised one they have now and gives us details as to what is contained inside a .rfmod, I will be happy-ish.

17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

One of the most important things for me is to be able to set the graphics in a very detailed way: average for a rather low graphical configuration to obtain a "perfect" quality / performance compromise. Because dx11 is totally unperformed in terms of performance, and I admit I'm not optimistic at all about the optimization of the graphics engine ... really not.

Then I wait for the UI on everything related to the script and the weather (in the UI).

Then the settings of the realroad (more possibilities to configure).

A refinement of the settings of the AI (not necessarily a better AI for the moment, but settings more precise and more ... clear.).

I want to see the torque and power curves in the UI and before starting the race. Indispensable beyond 200 km / h to choose the better gear.

But above all a tool (can be linked with HUD) very ergonomic to configure the FFB (clipping).

While waiting for the hypothetical improvement of heads physics (essential except for the VR), a possibility to increase the intensity in the UI beyond the current 100% (in the file controler.json I forced it to 1.99 is 199% and that is a lot much better.

Same for the damage: 100% is, in terms of intensity, not at all realistic 200% forced on the player.json is already more realistic but it would be necessary to go beyond: a re-calibration is also necessary.

18. whip

whip Registered

a whole new ui must have been a large undertaking, it shows their commitment

along with the new ui another priority for me as a vr user is an updated driver model, the current one looks like something out of a 90's game and just feels the wrong size and wrong in general

19. Mister Bronze

Mister Bronze Registered

Sorry, yes. It was from discord. Marrs I think iirc. But don't quote me on that.

20. EternalRage

EternalRage Registered

Yeah, this is the problem. Is this improved HUD coming just for the Ecars? Or this this improved HUD coming for every car, including Ecars in December?

Improved HUD is not to be confused with ALL NEW SEXY UI/HUD coming next year.

Similarly, I'm quite hoping there is some competitive web-based architecture that will be released with this new SEXY-FROM-THE-GROUND-UP UI, as I personally can code a sexy UI in less than a month for this game all by myself. And folks, that ain't no lie. Fingers crossed.