Who thinks Studio 397 should get Ginetta on board?

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by EagleRacer22, Dec 7, 2017.

?

Should Studio 397 get Ginetta on board?

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. Only if they add Blyton Park as well.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. EagleRacer22

EagleRacer22 Registered

After participating in the Ginetta Junior Scholarship on October 24th 2017, I've been trying to find some mod for any form of Ginetta for rFactor 2 but I have not found anything. Driving a Ginetta G40 Junior is unlike anything I've ever experienced and I feel like Studio 397 would do a fantastic job replicating that. Now who's with me? Ginetta Juniors.jpg

2. Navigator

Navigator Registered

So.......you drove them and thats why Studio 397 should license them........
    Thats a good reason as they only want to please YOU.

Get ready for the next 1001 topics: "Studio 397 should get xxxx"

McFlex and Emery like this.
  3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

Certainly! Juniors, Supercup... LMP1!! :D

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes please!

5. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Far too little power to have fun really on 90% of circuits despite the low weight, especially on tracks where I drive the most..

I do not want this car in rf2 for this reason.

I'm afraid also it's too easy to drive on rf2. I need a minimum of challenge.

6. Rastas

Rastas Registered

Have you drive one IRL to know if is fun or not?
    Been a low power car doesnt mean is not fun.....AE86 is a great example........

Mulero and patchedupdemon like this.
  7. bwana

bwana Registered

Agree ,ld love to see a roaring 1275cc ‘A ‘series mod for Rf2 ,historic mini’s, sprites, A7’s .:) .

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  8. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I drive mainly on the nords on rf2, and I drive on the nords in real with a small slk 230 slightly alleviated on the nords also. The powers are similar. 200 hp is really the minimum on a circuit like that.

And then I drive regularly the 45 cars ISI / S397: it gives me a very good idea of the minimum power I need, whether I'm on the nords, Toban, AtlantaMP or dallas karting (karting circuit has the wide road) .

I necessarily need to drive a ginetta 40 to give my opinion ?????

9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I’d love this a series with this car,I was going to post a suggestion about it a while back,though I have not driven them in real life,I do watch them before bttc and the racing is always good.

Just because it may not be the most powerful car doesn’t mean them to be boring,often than not they would offer better online racing than most powerful cars in sims,due to being more accessible to the masses to turn laps of competitive times.

Just look how popular the mx5 is on iracing,and not just the free one

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Well it's not in RF2 so how could you possibly know? Have you driven it in real life? What have you driven in real life to compare?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  11. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Was kind of hoping you were talking about the more powerful Ginettas, but the G40 junior cup would be a good start...
    The G55 GT4 would be a most welcome addition, and give some competition to the 370z...

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

13. dylbie

dylbie Registered

This is nonsense. I'm currently working on a 5 car pack, and all of them have under 150bhp, and all are fun in their own ways.

Have you ever heard of Colin Chapman? ;)

bravotangosix likes this.
  14. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

You do not read my messages well :

I am looking for cars on rf2 that I can use in the best conditions on the nords. I have Toban, AtlantMP and 2 kart circuits to have circuits adapted to all cars ISI / S397 (exclusively).

To come to Lotus, your example falls badly. I have driven a lot in a very small circuit a 111R. Indeed on very small circuit you break and you refine your driving and it is fun. But this type of car on the Nords is a little fair.

1On a simulation it is even worse because the "sensations" are more difficult to obtain.

I will not be worry to have the ginetta on rf2, but ... it's totally the last priority for me.
    Is there not better at the same time to train, for the challenge, and to have fun ..?

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

'nuff said!

16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Yes beautifully found!

But what MarcG does not say is that it is absolutely not the same car at all nor the same category : the G55 is standardized to be in GT3 or GT4, with a much more powerful engine etc.

With this, no problem on an average circuit or the nords. With a junior G40 it's another matter!

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'd welcome all Ginettas thanks.

18. Emery

Emery Registered

But GT40 junior is also in pCARS 2. ;)

19. AMillward

AMillward Registered

To be honest, I'd rather have Ginettas than a laser scanned Nords...

LokiD, Rui Santos, Lazza and 2 others like this.
  20. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Ok.

Everything is history of prioritization in future DLC. Everyone has these little ideas about what's good.

The FE was for me very interesting in terms of driving (FFB physics), but does not interest me at all on all aspects like regen / bla bla. This is not yet for me, probably when I have no choice in 15-20 years ...

I say that because although the FE is very interesting to drive, I wish something else.

I hope the new choices will be more relevant (not the ginetta g40 junior ...).

It seems they are trying to make a WEC grid: if they get there, that would be good news.

In short long lines just to say from my point of view: not a good idea the G40 junior!