[REL] F1 LEGENDS RACING 2.0 [Released]

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Pauli Partanen, Nov 29, 2017.

1. pascom

pascom Registered

2. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Hello!

I have worked a lot with AI and make it best as it can with my skills. I have been very frustrated that many historic F1 mods have bad AI and im quite happy with the results now. Not perfect, but very good :)

Here is video of the AI race.

This is not recorded with full graphic settings

3. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

:cool:

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  4. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Ha - been there, done that ;-)

5. Emery

Emery Registered

They're wrecking a little too often (not enough rubber on track?), but the rest looks good!

6. Pauli Partanen

Yeah spa is bit too hazard with these cars. Need to make new AIW as other tracks are much better.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  7. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Hi Postipate,
    I came across this today on the Joe Saward Wordpress site :
    The games that are played in Formula 1 are sometimes much more complicated than they appear to be. Every available weapon is used, be it finance, technology, staff numbers, espionage and even deception and misinformation. If rival teams can be convinced that you have a good idea, then they will waste energy trying to work out how to make the latest “gaffer-dazzler” work. If you have a bigger budget than others and they waste some of their money doing things that do not work, then you gain an advantage…
    Some think that this was the explanation for a car that was called the Ferrari 312T6, which appeared in testing early in 1977.
    The Ferrari 312T family of F1 cars was very successful from 1975 to 1980. The different versions of the same basic design won 27 Grand Prix victories (13 for Niki Lauda, five for Carlos Reutemann, four for Gilles Villeneuve, three for Jody Scheckter and two for Clay Regazzoni). It won three Drivers’ titles (1975, 1977 and 1979) and Constructors’ Championships (1975, 1976, 1977 and 1979). By any standards it was a great F1 design. The chassis was the work of Mauro Forghieri while the 3-litre flat-12 engine designed by Forghieri in league with Franco Rocchi, was codenamed the B12 and dated back to 1970. It was mounted longitudinally in the car, with the gearbox being mounted transversally (hence the T designation). In the course of 1976 Forghieri analysed the Tyrrell P34, the six-wheeler which had four small front wheels, in an effort to get more rubber on the road and to cut down aerodynamic disturbance from the tyres at the front of the car. He concluded that the idea might work on the back of the back if there were smaller rear tyres, but four of them on the same axle. The car in that form was too wide for the regulations, but Forghieri wanted to see the effects of his idea, in part perhaps because it meant that the smaller rears were more rigid than the bigger tyres and so did not deform as much under cornering. The car used for the testing was a 1976 312 T2, and it was dubbed the 312 T6, for obvious reasons. This was tested by Lauda and Reutemann at Fiorano and, naturally, the Italian press spotted the car and write reams and reams about it. The drivers were not keen. Reutemann suffered a rear upright failure and later crashed the car as well. The project was then forgotten about but Ferrari leaked out pictures of a car that they called the 312T8, which had four wheels at the front, as well as four at the rear, on two axles, like the March 2-4-0 which was being tested at the time. This was never a serious project, but it kept everyone guessing and kept the focus on Ferrari’s activities, which served the team’s purpose.

jonelsorell and John like this.
  8. Pauli Partanen

Thanks! Very interesting info :)

9. cb_krueger

cb_krueger Registered

Hello,
    are there any news for this WIP?

RNeves likes this.
  10. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Yep! I would also love to hear more about this....

11. BorekS

BorekS Registered

I am in contact with Postipate and what I know is he would like to apply some kind of new shaders for the bodywork and windshields, which came with new rF2 game update.... also, I would like to share for the rF2 mod version my improved 3d windshields, which I am testing at Automobilista. they arent done all mesh styles yet.

12. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Hey, sorry for bringing up something a little older, but just wondering how the progress is going with this :)

vegaguy5555, bravotangosix and Louis like this.
  13. albim75

albim75 Registered

I would pay for this mod, especially if is on the RF2 store.

vegaguy5555 and jimagn like this.
  14. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

bump

vegaguy5555 likes this.
  15. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

GPL.jpg Reminds me of the first Sim I had 20 years ago. Still have it. Trouble is I haven't had a machine capable of running 16 software for probably 15 years now. I do have something similar for rF1, but sure would like to see something for rF2.

16. Mauro

Mauro Registered

i think there are many guys that could pay for have a GPL in rF2 (complete F1 1967 cars and tracks)

S397..... what are you waiting for?!? :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    vegaguy5555 and marmagas like this.
  17. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Mike Cantwell likes this.
  18. BorekS

BorekS Registered

glad you like the idea to convert the F1LR mod into rF2 and still are interesting hows the progress. I personally think it could be releasable without the small changes Ive mentioned relating to the Automobilista (AMS) mod variant.

I did no progress on the AMS mod version, bothering with other things now, however, for the rF2 version we have to wait hows Postipate conversion progress.

19. BorekS

BorekS Registered

when talking about the F1LR 2.0 for AMS and rF2, here is comparsion, how the Beagle T1G original cpit looks there:

AMS:
    [​IMG]
    rF2:
    [​IMG]

20. knackko

knackko Registered

Still ready to test it ! :)