[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. lbird

lbird Registered

I know i am probably just repeating things already mentioned but: Thank you guys for this great plugin, just stumbled upon it last week and it is an absolutely marvellous job - it adds so much immersion and information during driving cars hard. Beer token will be sent today!

2. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

I know this sounds petty ,a great plug in any chance to get American crew chief voice? or did I miss something

3. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

we already have American spotter voices (Geoffrey, Mike) but there's no full American voice pack yet. Spotter is person that tells car left/right in stock car races.

4. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

There are now nearly 20000 sound files. If you fancy re-recording them all in an American accent be my guest :)

5. Hmatty

Hmatty Registered

I guess that's a no then lol

6. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

I am working on a Stock Car sound pack. And it takes a crap ton of time to do it! LOL

73_Dave_Martin and The Iron Wolf like this.
  7. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

been using it for a few days now with no drama , had one crash to desktop in a race but that's it.
    Maybe an idea to put in the title and opening post that this works for DX11. Now that DX9 will now no longer be updated most if not all of the old plugins may never be usable again , and raise crew chief to the top of everyone's list of must have plugins that work.

This thing is awesome and everyone should at lest try it.

8. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I've been thinking about this request. Most motorsport teams have many nationalities working in them, (if not all) Think about it like you are driving for the top team in whatever car you like. Luckily for us english speakers, we can understand many versions - including US "English" ;)

9. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Agreed,
    It's petty. Sorry.

10. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

@mr_belowski

Since Crew Chief's last update i'm having some sort of blue flag bug.

I'm running an offline championship with the GT3 Pack and URD's LMPs using the Callaway.
    When an LMP is approaching it works fine and it calls the blue flag and i get the blue light from track map as well, but even when there's no LMP's near and i'm just racing amongst GT3's and fighting for position it keeps calling a blue flag...it happens even if I'm seconds ahead of the car behind me or running at the same pace or faster than them and happens like 5-6 times each lap for the whole race.
    Happened yesterday at Sebring and today at Silverstone.

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

^^ i have the same blue flag issue using gt3 power pack. On all tracks so s397 and 3rd party

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

aahh it wasn't just me! I was using GT3 pack at Philip Island recently and heard the Blue Flag a fair few times in the opening laps.

13. Lukas Lichten

Lukas Lichten Registered

I have heard it a few times as well.

But I think from what it comes from is proximity. You can maybe have the leaders not behind your car, but still also driving on a different road close by. For example the fast S's and the Back straight on Zandvoort are close by each other, which with the leaders being on the other side relative to you will result in the blue flags being called.

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I thought that but I've raced loads at Philip Island in the GT3s and not heard it before the recent update, so maybe something in the proximity of CC changed in the last patch perhaps.

15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Actually, I think the issue here is related to the car pack. Vytautas is the man with all the info, but I think the car pack uses different car class names for each car (or something like that) so the app thinks that guy behind you is in a different class, and if he's going faster than you it'll call "blue flag".

You can disable blue flag notifications with the "Enable rF2 blue on slower" property

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  16. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

In the last patch we added option to disable "blue on slower" in rF1, so nothing should've changed for rF2. I double checked the code and I don't see how previous update made any difference.

Note: "Blue on slower" is not coming from the game, it was a heuristic ported from rF1. And I personally quite dislike guesses like that, that's why I added an option to disable that. I can see however, that this might be useful for properly configured multi class races. And I noticed, that we don't check for player vs oppoent class mismatch in that logic. I will add that.

Otherwise, for single class races I suggest turning "blue on slower" option off.

17. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I've been running this same championship with the GT3's and the LMP's for quite a while but wasn't having this issue before the last Crew Chief update a few days ago.
    Can it have something to do with the last update??
    I assume if the issue had to do with the GT3 classes I would've been getting this bug even before then

MarcG likes this.
  18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Same as above it was fine before so maybe something triggered it (somehow) in the recent update, of course having a Blue Flag warnings is needed for multi-class racing but I'm fine with disabling (for now) with a single class...not that I'll be racing at all but that's another story!

19. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

I think I might've have an explanation for this. I fixed track landmarks reload in rF2 and rF1, and I guess that made "blue on slow" prediction trigger more (before it would've worked only in first session).
    I added a check to make sure classes of vehicles don't match, but, in order for that to work you need to map them correctly.
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?27-Customizing-Car-Classes

To aid CC, make sure all gt3 cars are mapped to Gt3 class, and all lmp cars are mapped to LMP. Unfortunately, car class string is most often used incorrectly (in my opinion), so mapping is necessary.

MarcG likes this.
  20. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Ok thanks, even though I got a bit confused about all that. I think I'll just disable it for now :D

Where do I disable the "blue on slower" option? Is it in some json file?