[WIP] F1 1986

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by ChiefWiggum, Dec 5, 2017.

1. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

First Look Package, this Package include Brabham, Benetton, Ferrari, Ligier, Lotus, McLaren, Tyrrell and Williams
    only the Brabham, Benetton, Ferrari, McLaren and Williams have different Physics. the other Cars use the Williams Physic

Download:
    https://workupload.com/file/XHAn29vS

Scratch made BT55 (F1 1986) from Postipate and Chief Wiggum for rF2

DOWNLOAD AT:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1258805397

Donate to Postipate and Chief Wiggum if you like our work.

Paypal link: ://www.paypal.me/chiefwiggum71

Paypal link: https://www.paypal.me/postiandchief

[​IMG]

FORGET ANYTHING AFTER, THE 1986 TURBO CARS REALLY WERE ROCKETS,
    AND TO HANDLE THEM I REALLY THINK YOU HAD TO BE A MAN.
    — GERHARD BERGER

The Formula One cars of 1986 are the most powerful Grand Prix cars to ever have raced (and maybe never be?).
    There were still no limits on engine power.
    Most powerfull engine was BMW M12/13 1.5 litre single turbocharged straight-4 engine used by the Benetton, Brabham and Arrows teams.
    Brabham had the least power from the these cars (Boost of around 4.9 in quali when others were getting around 5.5-5.7 bar boost), as
    BMW designed a special version of their four-cylinder turbocharged engine with the engine block tilted almost horizontally (18° from horizontal) to reduce drag from car body.
    However, the tilted over engine and specially designed gearbox also produced many reliability problems including oil surge
    and a lack of throttle response that only compounded the already poor response of the BMW turbo (four cylinder turbos generally suffered more 'turbo lag' as a result of only using a single turbocharger,
    while V6 and V8 engines used twin turbos and suffered less lag)
    Car had less drag than any other teams that year, but huge rear wings on that era slowed down all the powerfull cars very much (highest top speed was 351 km/h from Benetton)
    FIA limited fuel for 195 litres on that season, so you have to save fuel if you are planning to finish some races. Saving fuel is easy with the Boost controller (map it to your wheel!!)

THEN ON TOP OF IT YOU HAD THE QUALIFYING. YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER BACK THEN, YOU HAD A QUALIFYING LAP, WITH QUALIFYING TURBO, WITH QUALIFYING TIRES.
    YOU WOULD COME TO THE MORNING TO PRACTICE, BUT ALL YOU COULD PRACTICE WITH WAS A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF BOOST,
    YOU WOULD HAVE ABOUT 900 OR 1,000 HORSEPOWER, BUT IN THE AFTERNOON YOU WOULD HAVE AROUND 1,400 HORSEPOWER.
    SO IN THE AFTERNOON YOU HAD A DIFFERENT GEARBOX, BECAUSE OVER LUNCHTIME THEY WOULD CHANGE THE GEARS,
    AND THEN YOU WOULD PUT ON ONE OF THOSE ONE LAP SPECIAL TIRES AND YOU WOULD GO OUT WITH ALL THAT EXTRA POWER AND THEN THE WHOLE LAP WAS A COMPLETE COMPROMISE,
    BECAUSE ALL YOUR BRAKING POINTS WERE AT DIFFERENT POINTS BECAUSE OF THE EXTRA POWER AND SPEED.
    AND OF COURSE OFTEN THEY WOULD CHANGE THE BRAKES AS WELL, SO YOU JUST HAD TO REACT ALL THE TIME TO THE CHANGING SITUATION. AT THE END, WHOEVER DID THE BEST COMPROMISE WAS AHEAD.
    BUT IT WAS A VERY SPECIAL ERA AND VERY VERY EXCITING FOR THE DRIVER AND FOR SURE YOU NEEDED BIG BALLS.
    — GERHARD BERGER

Tips:
    - In tuning menu you can change between Qualification and race car. Notice that Qualification car is good only for few laps. Take in and out lap very slowly.
    - You can set visor option in tuning menu!
    - Use high rubber settings on tracks, or let 10 AI race for 40 laps before driving. This will make huge difference with handling of car.
    - If the engine runs too hot, use more radiator or less boost setting.
    - Map boost controller to your wheel. Car uses lot of fuel, so you cannot use full boost on every race.
    - When you starting to get full boost, easy of from thorttle if you are middle of corner. You will easily loose control if you are not paying attention.
    - Car has 4 race tires (wet/soft/medium/hard) Use the quali tires only in qualifying
    - Map brake bias to you wheel. Set it more to rear if you are losing control under braking.
    - This car is very very different to drive than anything else. So you will need lot of time to adjust your driving style to this car
    - This car has understeer, so you have to change your driving style too! (you can make less underteering with more front wing, but notice you will loose control when boost kicks in easily if you are not careful)
    - AI don't understand Quali engine or tire strategy. So use HARD tires on races and race engine on quali if you are driving against it. Also AI has sometimes hard time with the turbo lag. Changing the style of driving for AI would need tweaking the game code, so I cannot help with that.
    - ENJOY!!

THE CAR WAS LIKE A BOMB AT CIRCUITS LIKE SPA, AUSTRIA AND MONZA.
    AND THE POWER WAS UNBELIEVABLE — EVEN IF THE TURBO DELAY WAS TERRIBLE. YOU’D OPEN THE THROTTLE AT THE ENTRY TO THE CORNER ONLY TO GET THE POWER AT THE EXIT.
    AND IF YOU MISSED IT BY FIVE OR 10 METRES, THERE WAS NOTHING YOU COULD DO — YOU JUST SPUN IT.
    THE LAG WAS ABOUT ONE OR TWO SECONDS. AT ZELTWEG, DOWN THE LONG STRAIGHT TO THE BOSCH KURVE,
    THE CAR WAS THROWING OUT 1400 HORSEPOWER AND JUST KEPT ON PUSHING — YOU FELT LIKE YOU WERE SITTING ON A ROCKET.
    — GERHARD BERGER

Donate to Postipate and Chief Wiggum if you like our work.
    Paypal link: https://www.paypal.me/postiandchief

https://www.paypal.me/postiandchief

All money will go 50:50 to me and Chief

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
    Eric Rowland, atomed, Dave^ and 24 others like this.
  2. Mauro

Mauro Registered

wow! :)

Pauli Partanen likes this.
  3. samcar304

samcar304 Registered

Looks great, usually its the shaders/textures that let models down more than a low poly one. For the majority you are driving in cockpit anyway.

The Iron Wolf and Pauli Partanen like this.
  4. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Great car ;)

5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

^+1000

6. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

7. philrob

philrob Registered

lovely job, Chief

8. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Low and High are subjective, I think your feedback would be better listing the actual poly counts.

9. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Great to see this very special car making it's appearance in one of the sims. Still one of the lowest, if not the F1 car with the lowest profile ever created and it's sad history speaks for itself.

If I may add to the discussion about achieving great results for low poly models, even if I am not a modeler myself: a very good practice is to create a high poly model and bake the textures/normal maps from it onto the lowpoly version of the same model. If you need some advise on how that exactly works, there are quite alot of tutorials on youtube how that process works. I hope that helps you to get the most out of the model. ;)

Btw, to add to some of the stuff that other people allready mentioned. Best is to spent the most polygons on areas that are visible to the player the most, so the cockpit and the rear end of the car. I think your Ferrari model was very good in that regard allready.

Pablo Sosa, Pauli Partanen and Emery like this.
  10. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

11. Copef1

Copef1 Registered

Looks great. I always liked the way the BT55 looked. I have a picture of Elio De Angelis leaving the pit box, as a screen saver. Keep up the good work.

12. Pablo Sosa

Pablo Sosa Registered

13. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

Pablo Sosa likes this.
  14. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

If you want to do a low poly car, here's a suggestion.
    Step 1 : create a box in 3dsmax
    Step 2 : congratulations, you have finished a car.

[​IMG]

Lovely Brabham BTW :)

15. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

Hi chief, why the decision to do so? Is it because of the amount of work or perfomance wise?

16. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

it's not a decision, it's only a test, I needed around 4 month to create the ferrari, now I will try how fast I can create a car that looks good but not with extreme details. maybe to do a complete carset. I thought around 2 - 3 week for one car, maybe faster, I have no insterest to work 2 years on one carset

17. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

first roll out in rf2......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

19. ChiefWiggum

ChiefWiggum Registered

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Looking good. :)