[REL] PM3DM Nissan Primera BTCC

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by patrikmarek, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Magus

Magus Registered

Thank you all for bringing this car and mod to rf2. Gave it a very brief test drive today and definitely attracted my attention for some more serious game time. One request though, I'm sure it's probably in your to-do-list, but can I ask for a driver model with arms as well as a visor option? Those 2 things make vr racing so much more immersive. Thank you again.

2. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

I can definitely adjust the mirrors and lot of other stuff :)
    and yes our plan is to port most - if not all - of our cars into RF2, the only thing about it is that the car will need to be pretty much completed for AC, before we start messing with it for rF2 ( excluding some physics tests/setups ofc)

becasue it would mean that every update we would have to keep copying over to RF2 version of hte car, and this much back and forth isn't really good and things could get lost etc.

3. M41k_R

M41k_R Registered

Great to see that the car is finally here in rF2 and it‘s fantastic to see how fast @Slamfunk3 got this converted!
    Really enjoying it to work with you and all your knowledge about the little details are simply stunning!

The sounds are amazing and overall it‘s a good point to start with

Let‘s make this a good one @patrikmarek and @Slamfunk3 :cool:

adamfarmer and Slamfunk3 like this.
  4. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Magus,
    Thanks man. I actually hadn't thought about the visor as most touring car drivers don't really use them. However I agree, they look really cool in VR. Will try to get them included. The driver animation is something we're working on.

I actually have what should be a working driver .max that Patrik made. However we have no way of exporting the animation as his version of 3ds max is not supported by rF2. If anyone out there has the means and a bit of extra time to try to get this done please PM me here. Would be most appreciated.

Maik,
    Been a pleasure working with you guys. Who knew a self admitted rF2 fan boy could get along with all you AC guys :p.

TK

5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Took it out for a spin yesterday.....Awesome car. Loved the physics and FFB. Keeping those front tires in optimum temperatures is quite a challenge. My only request (which has already been mentioned) are the driver's arms, otherwise I feel I'm in Automobilista :p

Hope to see more work from you
    Cheers

Slamfunk3 likes this.
  6. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Just wanted to add quick note about something most of you probably already messed with, brake ballance. Again because of AI and also because I wanted to be on the safe side for the first release there's a lot of performance to be gained by moving the ballance rearward. It obviously helps with initial turn in but also helps to heat up the rear tires and at the same time keep the fronts cooler. Plus in replay you get that classic touring car rear wheel lock up which just looks cool :D.
    TK

adamfarmer, Magus and TwoHardCore like this.
  7. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Hey guys,
    I wanted to put up a link here to a really interesting article we came across the other day. It's a 1997 interview with A. Menu where he talks about driving a Super Tourer.

https://www.facebook.com/pm3dm/posts/1304526212993045

Also while there you can check out all the really cool work the PM3DM guys are doing. Plenty more going on behind the scenes as well.

TK

Magus, Rui Santos and adamfarmer like this.
  8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Looks great! Any chance of any others from that era like the V40 Estate and the Mondeo that Mansell schooled everyone in?

Some of the most entertaining racing I ever watched was from the BTCC. Seems so diluted now unfortunately.

9. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

most of the cars that are in progress you can find here, currently mostly focusing on supertourers ( BTCC + STW) 98-00
    https://www.facebook.com/pm3dm/

Magus, Flaux and AMillward like this.
  10. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Not all heroes wear capes. Did a video in AC with your Primera the other day and loved it. The last of the PROPER touring cars, thanks for bringing them to AC and RF2!

patrikmarek and Flaux like this.
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Many Thanks for bringing this great car to RF2, I've enjoyed it in AC until now. Just a couple of issues from running in VR after first impressions a) No driver animation (Arms) as noted, this would be very welcomed, b) the Mirrors (Sides & Central) are heavily distorted and need proper attention and finally c) the opponents cars sound is too high.
    Other than that this is a fantastic car so far, again many thanks

Slamfunk3 likes this.
  12. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Thanks for the feedback Marc. The first two issues are being worked on. As far as the AI sound goes is that while you're driving or watching a replay? And if driving , which camera view do you use? Thanks again.
    TK

adamfarmer likes this.
  13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

No problem happy to help, Cockpit Cam only (VR),with Default Sound settings I can hear one car on the other side of the race track like he's right next to me (using Headphones). The new S397 GT3 Pack suffers from general loudness on all cars but with this Nissan it's different somehow. (Tested on Toban Short & Adelaide)

adamfarmer and Slamfunk3 like this.
  14. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Hey guys,
    New updated v0.70 is up at the Steam Workshop, for those already subscribed it should auto update. Looking forward to your feedback.

PM3DM PBTCC v0.70 change log

Graphics
    New head and tail lights
    New Motec display (still WIP)
    Updated Gear display
    Updated mirrors
    Various texture and shader work

Physics
    Moved aero ballance slightly forward
    Lower, flatter torque curve to better match real spec
    Various tweaks resulting in slightly higher inertia

Function
    Opponent car select now under PM3DM
    Added simple Visor for VR use, in Tuning menu
    Added 98 and 99 BTCC teams
    Increased seat adjusment range

TK

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Many Thanks :)

Slamfunk3 likes this.
  16. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Nice update thank you!

Slamfunk3 likes this.
  17. Magus

Magus Registered

Just gave this a spin around Road Atlanta today & felt very nice. The dash looks so clear in VR, great job!

Slamfunk3 likes this.
  18. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

19. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes, yes, very nice, [no REALLY they are VERY VERY nice!] perhaps you could sneak in a suggestion for the Dodge/Chrysler Stratus from the 95 to 2000 years....raced 2 years in USA and then one one or two years in Sweden and one in Brazil.

Slamfunk3 likes this.
  20. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

I read this yesterday and was getting excited at the prospect of having more cars in rF2 that are well done. The Primera has become one of my favorite cars in rF2...I like it here much more than in AC, and if the new cars are also converted with the same care & diligence, then we're in for a real treat!

And thanks for all your help getting this/these into rFactor 2, Slamfunk3 ;).

Slamfunk3 likes this.