Released Formula E Energize Pack 2018 - Now Available!!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 28, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@Michael Borda seems to say that they will still work on it.

There are, to my knowledge, no FE fans...

Either people bought the DLC to support S397, or because despite being an electric car, it's still new physics, very realistic because apparently from real data and with the latest physics technologies.

The result is very good (physics / FFB and even cockpit and sound.)

For me it is useless to return to it because the positive
    value would be totally minimal given the low interest for the electric cars.

All additional work on this mod is less work on other DLCs (or developments)... that's what I see ...

Regarding the tracks ... if you really want to do more, choose in just two/ three/four of the most technical and interesting to drive and can also the most "pretty" in urban space.

This is only my opinion, maybe some have suddenly fallen in love with electric cars.

2. Balazs Magyar

Balazs Magyar Registered

There ARE FE fans! I follow all the races from the very beginning.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
    sg333, Zoaal, MarcG and 2 others like this.
  3. Comante

Comante Registered

dadaboomda, talk for yourself., in this very thread there are many that discovered they like FE with this mod. And, even if you were right, if they signed a contract to do X work on this mod (being officially supported) they will do it even if nobody will ever download it. So stop telling them what it's best for them.. it's no nice.

PAL likes this.
  4. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

@dadabomba,
    I'm the one of those who start discovering FE just because of this mode.

mesfigas, PAL and Nismogtr like this.
  5. lagg

lagg Registered

Me too.
    It's an interesting car to drive.

PAL and Nismogtr like this.
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

It's just a matter of increasing their power and avoiding those terrible street circuits.

7. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

Missing feature for next release: being DQ'd after the race because your FIA stickers don't match. :)

Charmin and PAL like this.
  8. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I said I talked for myself.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

Completely ignoring the fans that are in the stands at every race :rolleyes:

PAL likes this.
  10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

LOOking forward to trying this
    Vids & reviews look great

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

A series & track pack
    (When all released etc)
    Is a great thing for rfactor2 / 397

Formula E is becoming increasingly popular imo
    (Sadly f1 less popular )

PAL and lagg like this.
  12. Ricardo

Ricardo Registered

I'm a Formula E fan now. It's freaking fun trying to go fast. Can't wait for more tracks! The overtakes are pure driving genius on these tracks and in these cars. Battling the driver, your regen settings, the tightness of the track, the on/off traction... I'm hooked.

Brad Dawson and PAL like this.
  13. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

That’s part one of formula E. :)
    Second part is to make the distance of 22-23 laps as fast as possible on 1 battery.
    Thirdly, is doing it al over again with damage ON. :p

PAL and Ricardo like this.
  14. Ricardo

Ricardo Registered

I never thought of turning off damage while I learn. I guess I like having the penalty of destruction present when I am practicing.

PAL likes this.
  15. PAL

PAL Registered

With further testing and looking at onboards, the hongkong track seems to modell at least all of the big ground waves, not every dimple, as i want, but okay, still better than i wrote in my first statement.

Regarding the known issues, are you currently teaching the ai to use lift and coast? Thats a very big thing at least for me, cause they drive flatout quali times all the time.

16. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Forum admins - we need a dislike button
    I get you now add "personally" to all your posts, but you are one of the most (newer) polarising (meaning you divide opinions) people around here. I guess I should block your posts, but I don't want to discourage people from having an opinion. Sure FE races don't have a good sound, but the racing is always very close, and the many casual viewers don't get the strategy - which this content is close to delivering on.

So you "know" me because I have replied to yor posts before, and I am a fan. Therefore you do know people who are fans.

I would also suggest - any form of motorsport was the original goal for ISI. I suspect S397 may even share this goal. That is why we have (experimental) RC cars and Quad bikes. This is a good thing, because it gives exposure and adds features. FYI - one of my friends worked on jet boat mod for rF1. Imagine what cool content we could have if people were open to new ideas

Ricardo likes this.
  17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I will be precise.

On the many posts that I read on this forum before the release of the mod, ALL WAS IN THIS SENSE :

"the electric does not tempt us at all (or we hate, we do not want as a passionate of automotive), the Formula E is a very bad choice of DLC, I will not buy it or I will buy it to support S397, almost all other choices of cars would have been preferable ".

The post that you find is too cleavable based on that ...

I would not have thought that the release of the DLC would rock so many people in a few days.

Certainly physics / FFB are excellent.

Enthusiasts may adapt much better to the progressive but can be very fast near-end of the essence in motorsport.
    Fortunately we are not there yet.

I'm going to surprise you but since you talk about the quad ... I must be (I guess) the only user to use the quad ISI almost every week (physics / FFB good and extremely fun vehicle on kart circuits).

RC cars are the only ones I do not use, and you do well I'll try them again on AtlantaMP kart circuit A by optimizing the FFB.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I want all the buttons other forums have, Like, Dislike, Agree, Disagree, Funny (or Haha) :D

pkelly and Brack Jabham like this.
  19. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Completely tongue in cheek, but you do understand that if this were to occur, the forums will be filled with people complaining that this was prioritized over game development.....

Lazza and Brack Jabham like this.
  20. jeffers

jeffers Registered

Bought the Formula E pack last night and for some reason I had incessant vibrations through my wheel with FFB set at 1.00 (this is on a bodnar SS2 wheel), to the point that I had to turn the FFB down to 0.50. However, it still feels very grainy. I also purchased the GT3 pack and I have no such issues with these cars. Has/did anyone else have any issues with the FFB on these cars?