Latest Roadmap Update - November 2017

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

b.jpg

Well, great news they are confirming once again. But I dont think you need a whole new site to post stuff like the updated TGM. Takes 1 minute to make a temporary thread in forum and upload it in dropbox lol

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Thank you veru much!!! :)

3. TheGame316

TheGame316 Registered

I did also ask for updated TGM's sooner in the existing location. No answer.

4. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

C'est quoi le "full yellow"?

5. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I'm very much looking fwd to rain and the effects to go with it..

Having said that, i do hope that s397 will pay attention, so we dont get the same issues Pcars2 is plagued with, when it comes to AI in the rain. So lets hope to see :

• AI balanced with the player with the dry ai speed, *so their not too quick or too slow in the wet.
    • AI using the right tyre and change when the player finds no grip/grip with the opposite tyre,
    • Ai dont have magical grip on the wrong tyre
    • AI being affected by puddles as harshly as the player does
    • Introducing a random weather option. *think this is a major addition when adding weather.
    • We hope not to see a sudden massive fps hit with rain.
    I think we could have the most successful wet weather scenarios if these things are avoided :)

cheers

6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

THIS.

7. Comante

Comante Registered

Damn, it's not even released and you are already complaining........ wait at least to start downloading it, even if decency would say to wait to having tried it for at least 60 seconds.

juanchioooo and Seven Smiles like this.
  8. daredbarn

daredbarn Registered

I just want some overall AI updates. My racing is done offline, an this has basically set unused on my harddrive for the better part of two years because the AI is just not usable in it’s current state with all the rules enabled. This speaking mostly on stockcars. The cars still play follow the leader, still do obsurd things under caution, lineups get completely trashed under caution, pit lane merging causes accidents due to the AI not being self-aware of you or other AI already on their outside or occupying their race line, the list really gets long. There’s just a ton of stuff as it concerns the AI that seems it’s nowhere near the top of the list in terms of priorities and that’s the frustrating part.

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I completely agree that this should be the most important things to look at. It is not bad at all to give some references to developers.

I think, based on rF2 history, it is more likely that they consider an advice prior to release something rather than they fix something after having released it

10. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Hello Chris

Myself and a few others are obviously experiencing AI issues under safety car conditions. Is this something that may be addressed in the near future? I noticed you mentioning potentially discussing it in this thread from September.

This is an age old bug. Going through my history, I noticed that I've brought it up in July 2015, August 2015, November 2015, February 2016 and May 2016.

I'm the world's most patient man (unless stuck in a pack of cars not keeping up with the safety car), but I do hope this can be resolved soon. If there is anything I can do to help or provide data/replay files, please let me know.
    Well hello there!

11. Tnadz

Tnadz Registered

Very good update. I completely understand the struggles a small team faces with so much on their plate, limited budget and a large audience. It seems like these guys have been focused a lot on the new interface and making developments we'll soon be able to realize.

Once the GUI and DX11 transition take place (and the subsequent cleanup of major issues), where does focus shift (Stock Car? FFB clipping?)?. I'll definitely be supporting them with DLC purchases and I hope the modding community gets support so it can keep fleshing out this great sim. I applaud the S397 team for everything you've pulled off so far (VR, DX11, beautiful visuals, improved physics modeling, content, communication with customers, etc) and the modders for all their contributions in the ever-changing environment.

Balazs Magyar likes this.
  12. stonec

stonec Registered

The FFB is already adjusted on ISI/S397 cars so that clipping point is more or less tuned optimally. It has never been a feature of any rF based games, it was always a plugin. Marcel said they will include some plugins as defaults with new HUD, but they can't possibly re-create every plugin.

13. Karei

Karei Registered

That'd be perfect, but seeing as everything has been done so far, I'm expecting an half-done job with none of the things you said. I hope I'm wrong.

14. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I get that about all the plugins not being realistic to implement in this past year,but ffb strength is an essential part to the the user experience.

Before dx11 beta was introduced I never found a car in rf2 that I didn’t have to alter the multiplier,none ever came setup to clip only in the highest load corners,For my wheel,most had to be tuned quite a bit.

I don’t see how they could set up the ffb multiplayer to be optimal for all the wheels on the market without first having the car and wheel do a few laps,kinder like iracing auto ffb feature.

Every wheel even those of the same model do not give the same results,that’s why being able to see the ffb loads is crucial to having a good experience.

As it is now,I have no clue if I’m clipping in every type of corner and missing vital info,or not running enough strength,as I guess most non motec etc guys haven’t a clue either

We now have to wait for s397 to release the code or what ever for plugins to be written,and then some great community guys to make the plugin,why not just supply input displays as standard with dx11

To me a layman that would have been the normal thing to do

15. 69Elwood

69Elwood Registered

Le full yellow, c'est quand tu actives les drapeaux jaune avec sortie de la voiture de sécurité lors de course en ligne.
    Full par ce qu'il y a la possibilité de n'avoir que les drapeaux jaunes de secteurs. Et ces derniers ne font pas sortir la voiture de sécurité.
    Mais je comprends que certain ne savent mm pas de quoi il s'agit. Car la majorité des ligues font des course en black only (drapeau noir seulement)... Chose que je trouve aberrante lorsque l'on prétend vouloir faire de la simulation ... Dans la ligue donc je suis l'administrateur nos courses sont toujours paramétrés avec tout les drapeaux. Car l'intervention de la voiture de sécurité ajoute une part de suspense supplémentaire dans une course. Comme en vrai quoi ....
    Mais bon il faut faire des courses qui durent plus que 10 minutes ...

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?forums/french.152/

Ho3n3r likes this.
  17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

@Marcel Offermans or @Domino Duhan
    Is there a possibility to develop a Server Creation Wizard? When I tried bringing this game as an alternative to iRacing and NR 2003 for certain cars, at a prominent American website, the very first roadblock was people's inability to setup a server and its content, and their apprehension to tackling it even with my tutorial.

Leagues in which I participated and ran in the past, there usually were only two people (myself and someone else) who knew how to set everything up - from ports to .json, vMod to Content Manager, Real Road, etc - in the game, without hiccups or spending far too many minutes setting it up. An interface with multiple tabs or a "Next" button progression system with hints and tips would be very welcome, and the first step to growing an active online community.

bravotangosix, pkelly, John and 3 others like this.
  18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

What he said.
    I hope the new UI is taking longer because of stuff like this, I think some of these changes would need more code changes than a simple redesign.
    inb4 "huh duh rf2 host system is not hard". Put someone that is just an average gamer (or racer that would have time to lead a league) to host a race then, if they do it without a video tutorial I'll agree it's not hard.

Guimengo likes this.
  19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Dedicated server prototype is easy to use and perhaps it should be updated and bug fixed ?

20. LokiD

LokiD Registered

My post didn't mean to come across as moaning about rain. But if these issues aren't rectified then there's not much point in doing a rain race at all, and will be a failure like pc2 is offline. Especially for us offline. I haven't touched a rain race in years in rf2!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.