Released Formula E Energize Pack 2018 - Now Available!!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 28, 2017.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

The Formula E is encrypted. Regardless how talented your mate is, he won't be able to do the swap unless he know the name of the engine.ini file that Formula E uses.

You can use an encrypted MAS but you cannot know which files are in it.

dadaboomda likes this.
  2. stonec

stonec Registered

Nah, rF Pro uses centimeter precision tracks that wouldn't run on any consumer PC, too much calculations needed with such dense mesh. I think most sim racers wouldn't notice a big difference from the track we have, apart from some bumps maybe. Laser scanned tracks are always downsampled for consumer sims.

Bozak and patchedupdemon like this.
  3. Comante

Comante Registered

Downsampled is granted, but people here need to know if a straight is 1 meter longer than real life or if a turn is few degrees larger or smaller.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

From discord:

"Dave-Yesterday at 6:08 PM
    some people say the new hong kong track is laserscanned, is that true?"

"dom-Yesterday at 6:15 PM
    no, its based off cad from FE tho"

"XenoYparxi-Yesterday at 6:16 PM
    Even the bumps are there? >_>
    Or there's none?"

"dom-Yesterday at 6:17 PM
    yes there are bumps!"

gabrielof and Emery like this.
  5. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

I was not touching the wheel at any point :D Only gas

patchedupdemon likes this.
  6. FuzzyFassbender

FuzzyFassbender Registered

My intent is not to criticize, just an opinion. These cars and track are not my cup of tea, I'll pass. I was hoping for more core improvements and updates to core content before new content (I did purchased the GT3 pack though). I love new content but first things first, in my opinion.
    With that said, yes I'm also aware of the VR and DX11 development but why stop there. A new UI was stated to be an imminent release months ago but I get it, things change. Core development example, rF2 in many eyes is the consumer sim of all consumer sims but why don't I need to use a clutch for shifting? How can this be overlooked (for serious eSports, etc.), enlighten me? Another example, rF2 was unique with it's inclusion of oval racing. I realize oval racing isn't very popular across the pond, and I personally prefer circuit racing, but ovals is a nice change of pace - I still can't get a decent FCY flag race and the content is neglected (also AI issues).
    Sorry for the off topic, but this new content was the trigger for my wonder...
    BTW, rF2 is one of my favorites for FFB, physics, and AI. I'm only taking a minute to express my opinion. And I realize if I don't like something I can go elsewhere. Luckily, there are choices to satisfy our virtual racing pleasures - I hold hope for rF2, I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
    Ho3n3r and Karei like this.
  7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Totally agree.

The more than 42 ISI / S397 cars are absolutely all of high quality : very good quality and also maximum quality that can be obtained in public simulations.

It is really necessary to integrate the latest technology and create new tires in "old" cars.

Both DLC cars (FE and GT3) are of very high quality. The GT3 totally bluffed me.

I'm not against the new content, on the contrary ... but if S397 could start by updating the existing!

Karei and Anto870 like this.
  8. Gaboni

Gaboni Registered

I've tested the car, and I like it a lot!! It's incredible the torque of these cars, even at low RPM...

I usually don't like so much the style of the Formula E tracks, but I think this track is fine. Anyway, you can't have so much fun driving these cars in a much bigger circuit... so this track is perfect for the FE car.

Most important for me is that this opens the door to the modern hybrid F1 engines! :)

Thank you for this car guys, good work!

gabrielof likes this.
  9. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

Both an official GT3 mod and getting RF2 first into the new era of electric race cars were good priorities imo.
    GT3s being the hottest thing out there for quite some time and Formula E constantly gaining ground with big name manufacturers abandoning ICE racing and converting to it, this was really good timing.
    There are flaws to be corrected and core content to be modernized but it won't happen overnight and development has to continue on many fronts simultaneously.
    I don't like to treat RF2 like a half-done sim, it's not, just show a little patience because development pace in the last year has picked up significantly and things promised will find themselves into the sim, one by one.
    Meanwhile, while I hate the new era of electric cars (when it comes to motorsport) with every cell in my body, I will still purchase this thing, not least to support the devs and their efforts in developing RF2.

Emery, MarcG, fsuarez79 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Comante

Comante Registered

Core upgrades are flowing, just not like molten lava from a volcano, but still, they are coming. Those FE cars brought with them some core updates that will reflect in other future developments, like hybrid cars. Beside this, rain is behind the corners, under the hood things have already be done to prepare for that update. Unfortunately it's like an investigation novel, many hints and details are hidden here and there for the reader to catch them. :) My guess is that we will see some other little anonimous update before the end of the year, and all of a sudden BLAM, we will be overcome by a massive upgrade that has been quite promised us, that is a brand new interface that should put player in control of a lot more aspect of RF2, from there other things will come, and I guess soon in 2018 we will have that online structure that should make online racing a reality even in RF2.

Emery and Christos Segkounas like this.
  11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

12. LokiD

LokiD Registered

Hope they add the New York E prix track,, I liked that with the NY skyline, and I was there a week before lol

13. Ricardo

Ricardo Registered

I wasn't really interested in Formula E but I wanted to support Studio 397. I'm glad I did. High quality track, high quality track, and it is so challenging! It's not easy to get those cars around the track fast.

I'm loving it. Good work.

14. bwana

bwana Registered

Same for me , did like the palatov around HK though to get familiar with the circuit 30 of them was hectic

15. tpw

tpw Registered

My interest in motor racing doesn't really actually extend much past driving sims, so I have no strong opinions on electric cars. With that in mind I was happy to buy the pack to support S397 to help bring rF2 to the next level. And I'm actually glad I did. The cars are beautifully modelled and liveried, have great handling and FFB not all too dissimilar to the sublime USF2000, and to my ears capture the sound (love it or hate it) of a performance electric vehicle perfectly. They're also far better optimised than the GT3 pack and don't cause my computer to keep dropping out of real time when racing a field of them. I'm not a fan of street circuits generally so have thrown the cars around a few club circuits such as Oulton and Cadwell Park. They handle nicely, but certainly are a challenge to drive without being able to use gears and revs to subliminally judge speed - I consistently overcook corners. I'm not sure I'll devote hours and hours to these cars but it's nice to have them in game for variety, and as others have said to lay the technical foundations for more hybrid and electric stuff in the future.

16. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

I would pay this much for a modern (or classic - e.g. 2004) F1 car, but not for Formula E.

17. Comante

Comante Registered

You do understand that hardly you will ever have a F1 grid officially licensed, whatever era you pick, each team had a different car, different motors, some of them doesn't exist anymore, the other may not be willing to share their trade secrets, even if relative to old cars. There are already F1 mods that do probably the best that can be done in this area. (sadly).

18. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

Nobody mentioned a full grid - e.g. F2004 (i.e. Assetto Corsa) I gladly paid full price for it. Not sure where you read "fully licensed" either, as long as it is based on that era, e.g. Formula ISI representing 2012.

Surely they can do that with a 2014-17 car as well. I don't see any reasons that would restrict a similar reproduction of a modern F1 car.

19. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

A first "step" very desirable would be that the two F1 of the game made by ISI are updated with all the latest physics technologies (with the creation of new tires). But all ISI / S397 content is concerned.

EDIT :
    FE cost 7.99€.
    If we have a ***F1*** license with some real data to put into the physics... it would cost more (17 ?)

20. Ricardo

Ricardo Registered

I absolutely love the Skip Barber and USF2000 cars. The Formula E car was very difficult, for me, to get used to. It took me a dozen tries to get in a clean lap. But, once I did, I was still extremely slow. The coasting and braking part of it is very challenging. The course is demanding because of the tightness and because traction is not a constant. I really didn't think I'd get into it but I figured I give it an honest shot.... like you, I didn't think I'd spend much time with this. WRONG. I'm in it now. DEEP. Getting the car into a rhythm is soooo rewarding! The track is dope, the FFB is great, the experience is unique, the thumping BASS at that one spot in the circuit is cool... It's not the cheapest DLC but in the grand scheme of things is cost less than a trip to Starbucks with the wife. Hell, the GT3 and Formula E DLCs cost less than the fuel I burn going for a half hour drive on the back roads!

DaveS78 and John like this.