Released Formula E Energize Pack 2018 - Now Available!!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

A properly simulated LMP1-H would have to be driven in the same way in race pace, that's just sad xD
    Is it how it works in AC? Never tried them there

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Lol I was picturing the guy at home flailing at his wheel to try and correct those tank slappers,then I realised he was having fun

SunnySunday likes this.
  3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Now we have cars for the James May types,can we have the widow maker,you know,the best car........in the world,the p1.

I will keep typing that Clarkson quote until I finally get a reply from the devs ;)

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Come on guys. This is released to a deadline, like many games are these days that then get multitudes of patches in the following weeks/months. You can't demand perfection, especially if a feature would require a wider game modification. If they released this in March with 99% functionality they would have missed the boat.

I get that the complaints are well founded, and the third party plugin reference is surprising to say the least, but need to keep this stuff in context.

Dookie, MarcG, Jeremy Talbot and 7 others like this.
  5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

First: Not all cars are equal.
    Second: S397 meant to do "whole series". "Formula E energize pack" isn´t. It´s just 1 track and 1 car
    Third: not the infrastructure present to support this "series"
    Fourth: How the hell did the past recent racing games did that to offer all cars/tracks of a series for 1 price with theire also small selling-numbers?
    Fifth: How will this work out if ALL tracks are at one point available? 100 € ????
    Sixth: Poly-count? Impact on performance?
    Seventh: seems unfinished,-not buying. (as always)

Anto870, Dady Cairo and demerzel like this.
  6. bwana

bwana Registered

Really disappointed that the 1st ones to comment on page one of this thread are the shit kickers , nit pickers glass half full bunch of pessimists .... Even those that have zero intention of buying it are laying the boots in from day dot. Serious issues some of you guys..

PAL, Jack7793, John and 9 others like this.
  7. stonec

stonec Registered

1. Yeah, it was listed in "known issues".
    2. Where does it say they meant to do the whole series? Clearly the product says "Formula E energize pack", so what's the problem?
    3/4. Name the games that have all tracks of a series. At least iRacing doesn't have all tracks of many of their "series".
    5. They won't, and if they one day against all odds become available (after 2 years), I'm sure there will be a pack discount as with today's "pack".
    6. Performance is very good.
    7. Nothing important that I find unfinished apart from the AI not following 1 pit stop rule.

PAL and WiZPER like this.
  8. McNolo

McNolo Registered

The mod is protected (as it is normal) and we can not consult some important data to optimize the car setup.

Could someone from S397 publish this data? Is this possible?

Optimum motor temperature range
    Optimum brakes temperature range
    Optimum tires temperatures

Thanks.

SPASKIS, Karei and juanchioooo like this.
  9. bwana

bwana Registered

No , that’s why they are hybrid . ( the conjoining of a number of different power sources . As in F1 )

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Hmm they coast a lot in real life with the LMP1H cars, but I'm not really a fan of it, honestly. The cars do great battles anyway but I'm glad privateers are back with pure petrol engines

11. Karei

Karei Registered

It would be very helpful if S397 implements CarStats into rF2.

LazyCrust and juanchioooo like this.
  12. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Yeah, the track is a little bit expensive but I bought the pack to support the S397.
    Besides those already mentioned issues it looks a pretty solid combo, including performance.
    I'm glad that we can finally drive a proper simulated FE car.

bwana and juanchioooo like this.
  13. gabrielof

gabrielof Registered

Recently Brendon Hartley mentioned during an interview that, yes, P1-H has a lot of lift and coast but hybrid F1 is flat out as much as possible.

14. smbrm

smbrm Registered

So what is the euro price for euro countries vs. $US price for U.S.? Euros are not par with $US?

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In electric systems that can recover energy you have to manage this. The more energy you recover the best. This is why Mercedes has been on the top of F1 the latest years. Being flat out depends om the size of the battery and on how much power you deliver. Besides in F1 they limit the maximum recovery. If they didn't they would also lift and coast to employ the valuable energy that is lost by maintaining full throttle until the braking moment. If they had unlimited recovery they would use that energy straightly after full throttle is applied to maximize time vs/kW efficiency.

gabrielof likes this.
  16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yeah! You and your rosy world.... wonder why MarcG hasnt charmed in yet for that.
    Thats not how the world works mate!
    Get real! S397 promised "whole series" (I wont do the effort to search the quote from them) and what they now offer simply isnt.
    For point 4. I doesnt meant iracing but GTR2 or Toca or older F1 games or you name it.
    If you want to do reasonable business you have to think bigger. Simple as that!
    You wont get the big audience (that we all want) with baby steps. You have to invest....

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Funny cars, impressive feeling, nice track, but i am really a bad driver on such closely tracks.:(:D

18. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The price is in euro no matter where you are, it is then converted to other countries currency. If you check it at the end of the day the price will change a few cents (up or down, depends on the day) once the stock market work hour ends and currency prices are updated. That if you are out of the euro zone, obviously

19. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

It's an electric motor... ;)
    Above 65 degrees electronics become unreliable.

20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Go:rolleyes:, it seems that they were ruined by paying a full package for 9.74€:);)

then in other simulators spend a fortune and do not complain:mad::mad::mad::mad:

it seems good to me, thank you:)

Ernie, Ricardo, fsuarez79 and 3 others like this.