Released Formula E Energize Pack 2018 - Now Available!!!!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

So how many laps of historic Spa can you do on one charge with a Formula E? :p

Jon, bwana, Guimengo and 2 others like this.
  2. CultOfRevan98

CultOfRevan98 Registered

Will there be any news on the availability of templates to customise our own textures for the cars?

3. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

The template should be in your base install already in the folder 'Templates'

CultOfRevan98 likes this.
  4. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

I want to see information about how developing electrical engines in rFactor 2 for 3rd party and then I will buy the DLC. I don't want to support this if you ignore the modding community.

5. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hi,
    "... we suggest using 3rd party plugins in the meantime."
    Does anybody know whitch are those plugins ?
    Thanks

peterchen and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  6. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Bought the pack. Fun little cars, nice track. Thumbs up.

Any thoughts to a season pass? I'd pay $50 a year for a season pass to get all the paid DLC automatically.

djfil007 likes this.
  7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

I asked about a pass on discord. Marcel said no, as they have no idea what they could get their hands on to create dlc.

regarding price for this pack. Isn't it steep? For a small track. Raceroom tracks are around 3-4 £ I'm a little shocked. It's not much no. But for that price I wouldn't expect an unfinished product.

McKiernan and Guimengo like this.
  8. djfil007

djfil007 Registered

That would be fair. Or automatic discounts for owning all previous content from the pack, as tracks are released. Hopefully we'll get the full 11 locations (14 rounds, 3 of them being double headers). Would also like to see at least unique gear boxes per team (some use just one gear, some use 2 or 3... at least in Season 3 that was true)... maybe once embargo is lifted (similar to car skins).

9. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Are we referring to same plugins that don't work on DX11?
    If so this is an insult to the community in general

10. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

One of those is the Trackmap plugin. Works in DX9 version only. Other are different dashboards.
    You could find those here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?forums/other.133/

11. Suzukinol

Suzukinol Registered

I can't find any guide or information about the values of electrical engines in modding. As you can see in the screenshot I was looking at the support of the web page. Where I can find information please?

Attached Files:

12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's exactly what I thought aswell. Why on earth is car a sold in a state where people are forced to use 3rd party plugins, that don't even work in DX11. Sorry, but stuff like that makes things a bit messy. If I buy a car DLC, I want it to be functional out of the box in all aspects. If S397 can update the DLC at the same rate as the GT3 pack, it might be not as bad, but rushing out stuff in imcomplete state just for the sake of it sound questionable.

On a positive note: I watched the T'n'D by RD and the content seems to be visualy of very good quality and I especialy liked little touches like the music playing, even if it is totaly not my taste. Rather give me a 70's track with some good rock music :D

13. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Registered

Very good stuff! Driving wise it's great and make a lot of fun but we need tracks, tracks, tracks, tracks and tracks. ;)
    Honestly, locations are so necessary for racing games - should be no doubt about it.
    When we take a look to other games, what brings a big license without the correct locations? Right, nothing.
    That's why it's your turn now @S397.

ir Sindaco likes this.
  14. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I found it strange they said that about plugins too,seen as no one can make them for dx11 yet.
    I’d have thought fuel/energy info should be in the cockpit or on the wheel,but I don’t know if that’s the case with these cars.

I agree the models look brilliant as usual

15. elbo

elbo Registered

I'll have to give this a try...
    From the <how to drive e-cars >
    "This means you need to lift and coast, for instance down the back straight you start coasting before the 200 metre board! If you saved more energy early due to a safety car or being very conservative, you can start lift and coasting later. Conversely, if you had to pit early due to damage or whatever reason, you may have to lift and coast even earlier.
    After the lift and coast phase, you then brake late and if you have regen mode high, you will get more battery power back – there easy eh! Accelerating hard out of the corners will yield the main lap time benefits.
    This car is all about how efficiently you can drive it. You have a set amount of energy to complete a race, and you have to find the most effective way to get to the end, that results in the shortest time possible."

seems antithetic to racing...

16. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

This formula has set 900 degree wheel rotation, is this correct or bug?

17. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

The standard fuel gauge in the default HUDs is enough to judge your levels and complete a whole race stint - we will be adding more precise control to the steering wheel and HUD later.

18. yippssy

yippssy Registered

http://store.steampowered.com/steam_refunds/?l=english
    Refunds on In-game Purchases

@Marcel Offermans
    As a content not developed by Valve, are returns of Formula E 2018 Car and Hong-Kong E Prix Track accepted by Studio397?

19. stonec

stonec Registered

Pretty much all sims do this unless we exclude official titles like F1 2017 (just have a look at iRacing "F1 championship", they have less than a third of the official tracks). It simply takes too long to build tracks to get an official series with every track. I think the recently released Gran Turismo Sport has around 15 locations in the entire game, many of those fictional, and that's from a game with a mega budget.

20. Pauli Partanen

Pauli Partanen Registered

:D

Great job guys! This opens door to many new cars too. :)