CS-closed Paint Competition (Win FANATEC Prizes!!!!)

Discussion in 'Official Competitions & Contests' started by Christopher Elliott, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

[​IMG]

Team Painters! Are you ready!? With the Holiday Season approaching, we are offering you the chance to not only win an awesome Fanatec Clubsport 2.5 base with a Clubsport GT Wheel but to get your awesome liveries into our next build update!

Design your team liveries for any or all the GT3 Pack cars and submit them to us here at paintcomp@studio-397.com by the 8th December 2017. We will be accepting 10 liveries per car into the build with the best overall selected as the winner! By the way, don’t worry, this doesn’t mean we aren’t working hard to bring you more official liveries as well!

A few ground rules:

• Please send images of your cars and a dropbox (or similar) working file link to the e-mail above for submission.
    • Please ensure you have the rights to use the logos displayed on the cars or we will not accept them – with common brand names we will require proof of acceptance.
    • No profanity, nudity, etc.
    • You can get the templates from the Template folder in your rFactor 2 installation folder.
    • Make sure you add the PSD version of your entry alongside the DDS files that can be viewed in-game.
    • Make sure you add your driver name + team name.
    Make sure you have read and understood the Terms and Conditions before making your submission.

chisco85, Miro, Ernie and 12 others like this.
  2. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

"NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN"
    Where are the templates? Without a purchase they do not exist in "*program files\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Templates" I didn't find anything in the workshop nor do I find stand-alone links in the forum or dev corner of the main site.

Nibiru likes this.
  3. Depco

Depco Registered

Always someone who reads the fine print. ;). LOL . It is a fair point though. Hopefully S397 will make the skins available to those who have not purchased the pack, or show all where to find the skins.

I own the pack so the skins are exactly where they said they would be. But if I did not purchase them would they be?

4. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I haven't looked into the templates, but is there a generic numberplate, which could be used?

5. Domino Duhan

Domino Duhan Member

To be clear, the no purchase related to purchasing a ticket to enter (like a lottery).

Edit - we will update the t's and c's to make it clearer:p

MarcG and GrimDad like this.
  6. thmxvr

thmxvr Registered

No purchase necessary, but you need the templates which comes with buying the car(s). Maybe obtaining the template in another fashion is accepted but I am pretty sure re-distributing them is illegal.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Besides, how can you properly make a skin without being able to see the result ingame? Some owner should be involved for both obtaining the template and checking the result to provide pictures.

8. RoWo

RoWo Member

Guys, I think no purchase is needed means, that you don't have to pay any cent to "register" for the competition.

Coutie likes this.
  9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

What about those of us who are artistically handicapped. I'm so bad a painter that the graphic programmers have banned me from using their products so I don't make THEM look bad!

Pauli Partanen, John and GrimDad like this.
  10. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

To win Lottery! Buy a ticket first!
    Seriously.

Ernie likes this.
  11. Marimbakat

Marimbakat Registered

Questions, that I relatively haven't seen answered.

1. Number plates (can we use our own?) Being that we are providing a psd, that could be changed, since these might b\make a build.
    2. I understand the rights part (As I have 3 official sponsors to use with permission), what about contingencies that might be on a template.
    3. Are the URD templates in this? (These have contingencies like "Michelin" on them)
    4. So far I'm seeing the 488, 911, Merc, McLaren, Camaro, Bentley in the GT3 pack correct?

12. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Dunno about 1 & 2 but 3 is no and 4 is not correct, it's the GT3 pack that Studio 397 released a month or so ago, Bentley, Merc, McLaren and Corvette.

13. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

...and the Radical RXC. I believe @Marimbakat is referring to the Apex GT3 mod which is not valid for this comp

14. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Oops, how did I forget my favourite:oops:

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I thought your favourite were the Ferrari 488 and the Camaro that you included in the GT3 power pack.

16. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

Imagine from the vehicle he lists, it would be Simtek's "GT 3 WORLD SERIES", not APEX GT3.

17. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Oh yeah - however not in this comp either

18. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Wasn't me amigo who had them in the pack:)

SPASKIS likes this.
  19. Marimbakat

Marimbakat Registered

Yeah, the Simtek is what I was looking at, But thank you. got it now.

20. RoWo

RoWo Member

Guys! How about posting this here?
    rF2 paint competition.JPG
    Honestly, communication isn't your strength!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.