SOLVED IMPORTANT Logitech G29 Wheel Issues

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Hans Tesmo, Jun 2, 2016.

1. william

william Registered

Only thing I can think to do is change the steering wheel limits in the in-game settings, which keeps things 1:1 but requires you to do some guess work so is a bit inaccurate.

2. Skan

Skan Registered

Your steering can be 1:1 with any wheel without having to change things per car. ever. Here is a video on how to do just that. This video is silent to avoid things getting lost in translation. Just follow these steps with your wheel. This of course is intended to be done first so undo any changes to your wheel prior to doing this.

3. GaetanL

GaetanL Registered

4. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Registered

Does not work with G29.

5. william

william Registered

Still nothing on this...

6. gelani

gelani Registered

Still nothing x2

7. DSR-Salsgaard

DSR-Salsgaard Registered

Hi
    I have g29 and have played a lot without problems ..
    After I updated my steering wheel last week with logitech's update 8.96.81, rFaktor2 lost any contact with my steering wheel.
    I have tried to delete both game and update, reinstall both.
    still rFaktor2 can not find my g29 ...
    then I put my g27 on and it was then registered as g29 but without the ability to assign buttons functions.
    I then disconnected both steering wheels and restarted the game only with g27 added.
    It is still registered as g29, and still without the ability to assign buttons functions.
    I then disconnected g27 and restarted the game with g29 added, but still the game could not find it.

what can I do...????

8. DSR-Salsgaard

DSR-Salsgaard Registered

no comments at all...? no help...? :(

9. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

I'm not too sure about the G29 not being found, but I seem to rennet the G25/7 not being compatible with the latest Logitech software.
    Try looking on Logitechs support page for the correct driver.

10. Tech G

Tech G Registered

I know this isn't the same issue, but this works for me when a windows update messes up my wheel driver. I would also suggest turning off your Logitech update, as these have created a lot of problems with wheels over the last few years.

DSR-Salsgaard likes this.
  11. claudiopolez

claudiopolez Registered

Another update is released today for rF2 with added support for, I quote "
    • Added: Controller Profiles for Thrustmaster T-GT, T-GT Ferrari F1 Addon, TS-XW, TS-XW with Ferrari F1 Addon."
    • But nothing at all for the G29's critical problem that completely breaks the game... This is year and half after the bug was originally found. I don't know what to say guys...

12. Davvid

Davvid Registered

It's beneath criticism :(

13. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

It's disappointing this still hasn't been fixed. Whenever I fire up rf2 I'm immediately faced with this problem - it's very frustrating

14. samprince053

samprince053 Registered

Still... No fix, i want to play this game so badly, it has potential, but i cant, gonna have to refund

15. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Its not that critical, you just have to set the rotation in the Logitech software to match the car you are using.

Is it annoying, absolutely.
    Should it have been fixed, yes, and I have no idea why this is considered such low priority.

I have no doubt it will be fixed at some point, but its def not a bug that stops you playing and requires a refund.

16. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

For me this bug *is* annoying enough so stop me playing. The faffing and the trial-an-error are incredibly off-putting

17. Skan

Skan Registered

1. Put your logitech profiler back to the 900 degree default. Leave it there.
    2. Open rF2, make sure you are using either a blank or default (for you wheel) option when loading a wheel preset
    3. Calibrate the wheel (this tells rF2 the min and max rotation just like in any other title) using the buttons labeled min and max. They are to the left of where you should calibrate the pedals. If done correctly, that 900 will show up as the rotation number)
    4. Make sure vehicle set is checked. Do not turn this off or you will end up making (unneeded) changes every time you switch vehicles. Let rF2 do that for you as was intended. You will not have to change anything when switching vehicles just like any other title when your wheel is calibrated correctly.
    If for whatever reason that does not work for you, there is a thread on how to do this manually through the controller json.
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/1-1-through-a-simple-controller-json-edit.58073/

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  18. stonec

stonec Registered

The "vehicle set" option does not work for G29. If it did, we would not be having this thread. It's a bug with rF2.

19. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Member

Yes, thanks for the offer of help Skan, but the Logitech software/hardware doesn't work with rfactor2,.

The only way to get the wheel rotation right per car, is to set it each time in the Logitech Gaming Software.

A workaround, but as others have said, flipping annoying!

20. Skan

Skan Registered

Stone, how are You so sure it is a bug? Does every G29 owner have this problem or a few and those few all got the same help? Also there are plenty of things that are obvious yet there are still threads explaining the obvious, so the we would not have this thread if there was no problem thing is not helpful. What would be helpful is to hear from an owner of a working G29 or someone who is not too frustrated to try a few things. That is provided operating system, drivers and/or firmware have been ruled out. Example.. October 27th was the last driver update for the G29. Example...They do not have 32 bit drivers listed which could be forcing 32 bit windows users to have issues since they would have a much older driver. That of course does not solve anything as it was just an example.

For anyone who does not have Logitech's latest information about and/or drivers for their Logitech wheel
    http://support.logitech.com/en_us/downloads