3 main achievements that you expect the most in the next 4 months

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dadaboomda, Nov 25, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

What are the 3 main achievements in RF2 that you expect the most in the next 4 months (approximately)
    These achievements may be developments that are known to be in progress or developments that would not have been communicated but which could be imagine that they may be going on.

My question includes all areas of rf2 (Example : cars, track, physics / FFB, UI, graphics engine, sound, HUD / LCD, realroad / rain etc.).

I find it really interesting to know the expectations of users in the short term, because what I learned from the forum is that despite the fact that rf2 is very targeted (realism "raw"), users are incredibly different (expectations) .

This must make things difficult for S397 to prioritize developments.

I give you my top 3 :

TOP :
    Really improved performance of the graphics engine (not only the shadows, I hope for an overall improvement).
    Also fine and clever graphics settings to achieve better quality/performance. Would be part of the UI ...

2) Latest physics technologies in the most ISI/S397 cars possible (including the latest tires, fantastic on the GT3)

3) The visual improvements of the rain are coming in. I am "happy" but that's NOT my wish, in fact I may be dreaming but I would "dream" of a surprise of S397 ... the management of aquaplanning (with perhaps other improvements associated). If it is too speculate, at least an improvement of the realroad or temperatures or wind or aerodynamics or physics etc ....

After saying that, I do not spit on the UI / graphic / visual quality of the rain / FE (the track FE on the other hand ...).

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

1) For Studio397 to do what they see best for them and the future of RF2

There is no need for 2 & 3.

3. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

You forgot to add #4 laser scanned Nordschleife

4. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Registered

The number one main achievement for me would be for the community to stop it with the fantasy game studio management and to actually use the time for racing instead.

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

So what is supposed to be the forum for?
    I thought it was to help improving the game. I don't come to the forum for racing. I have a PC and a rig for that.

Lgel likes this.
  6. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I think the thread / post is really interesting. It could even be very interesting for S397 if they wish.

This immature attitude of writing stupid, sarcastic, personal and above all non-constructive messages is really pathetic. If you do not like the OP or the topic of the thread or post, just shut up. Then ignore or read no more posts from the OP. It would be more mature.

The forum allows even to ignore some of these members: do it.

The forum has because of this type of person an unhealthy atmosphere.

Easy to miss respect to a person who is thousands of miles away ... what do we call it?

7. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Considering you have been posting the same types of posts about your wants and hopes about physics and graphics in numerous threads,over and over again I think a bit of sarcastic humour is very polite.

We could just say for god sake shut up,we know already

8. stonec

stonec Registered

Marcel answers in video below what we can expect for next 12 months:

dadaboomda likes this.
  9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

I don't understand the english spoken.

But good initiative to give the link of the video ... for those who will understand.

10. NickSpeed

NickSpeed Registered

For me the graphics are just fine and good, no need to get photo realistic and bog down the smoothness of the game.

it feels like it's in a beta stage...like it's almost a full on game that's ready to be bought and played by the masses, but it's just not there yet.

Great are the feeling of the wheel in the FFB...that's great - but they should take some time and dial that in as well....as well as the overall physics of the car on the road.

I spent my 40 bucks + on it, no need to spend extra on cars and whatever when the game is still in beta.

btw nobody plays online, so if you wanted a racing game today that you could just pickup and race somebody within 5 minutes of downloading it, don't expect rfactor2 to win....nobody plays this sim...in fact I loved it at first but then when I found how impossible it was racing real people and not waiting for ages to download somebodies special mod and then play some stupid ai..

yeah I'm taking a break myself....give this game a year or two..idk...maybe 5 until I come back and see where these sims are at...almost there I say...but not quite.

AI pisses me off

11. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

It's not about me. This thread / post is mainly intended to know the expectations of ***others*** in the short term.

If the subject does not interest you, do not answer it. But others can do it.

I suspect everyone does not care about my specific expectations. The goal is to know the expectations of others, as Spaskis said, to exchange...

This is the goal of the forum. No need to send unpleasant posts. You do not like someone you ignore him.

12. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I expect nothing. I'm not disappointed, and often surprised.

David O'Reilly and bwana like this.
  13. Scoopscat7

Scoopscat7 Registered

OK my three are

Complete the rain effects and allow random weather in game to better reflect the real world. Perhaps even a weather satellite view could be shown in the garage to give an idea of the approaching weather without being completely certain.

Finish the tyre model so temperatures are reflective of performance. Once completed work with a manufacturer to licence a range of tyres so modders can pick tyres off the shelves without the need to mod the tyres themselves.

Finish off the mods they have ie radical FFB and ensure they are all compliant with rain and damage effects at the same time.

If I'm allowed another I would like to see the online UI improve so that AI can be chosen better rather than having to add then boot over and over to get the choice you want.

While I doubt all of these are possible at least some can and I suspect will be achieved it just depends upon the priority that S397 have.

14. tpw

tpw Registered

What I expect to see and what I'd actually like to see are two different things in regard to rF2.

I expect that in the next few months I'll continue to see steady incremental improvements, which I'm certainly not going to complain about.

What I'd actually like to see is: the substantial leap in performance that DX11 was supposed to bring; a modern appealing and user friendly UI and HUD; and 1st party content with consistent audiovisuals, performance and physics that all look like they deserve to be in the same game.

At the moment, to me, the game often feels half baked and frustrating, but at least it feels like it's going somewhere, which is a vast improvement on how things felt in the ISI days.

dadaboomda likes this.
  15. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

We have the same "Top" expectation for the short term : real improvement of the graphical engine performance.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm sorry, but dx11 graphical performance (fps) was never projected or expected (to my knowledge) to greatly exceed dx9. Certainly no 'substantial leap'. People (players) tend to judge this from games that come with two versions, not understanding that unless those two versions are made largely separately to target the different dx versions, one will naturally outperform the other. Not surprisingly the higher dx is usually the primary focus, and outperforms and often looks better than the lower one, even when the lower is actually technically capable of looking almost as good.

The moment S397 decided to build on the existing engine, a major improvement in performance with dx11 seemed unlikely. Their roadmaps never mentioned performance as far as I'm aware; it was about improving visual balance, and having post effects that are in demand these days. The base engine was never said to be performing faster.

Hey, maybe a boost will happen one day, but if it doesn't I sure hope people don't see this as some sort of failing or a broken promise. I think the closest they went was saying they were targeting dx11 to be 'at least as fast as dx9'.

Emery and MarcG like this.
  17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This has actually totally ruined online racing. rFactor 2 has bad rumor regarding multiplayer and damage has been done already let`s just hope it is not permanent.

bwana likes this.
  18. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

I'm concerned with the performance too (framerate). Some part of the graphic engine seems poorly optimized (shadows).
    The PC2 demo runs so much better while doing a lot more graphically.

ede78 likes this.
  19. lagg

lagg Registered

• DX11 performance.
    • Rendering system in DX11
    • Aquaplanning

20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

A build I can call stable would be already amazing... you know without stupid process running out of real time or screen freeze bullpoop