Nordscleife laser scanned

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by dadaboomda, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I doubt that Nords is one of them, I bet that you as modder know how huge task it is ;)

2. demerzel

demerzel Registered

Or S397 knows everyone thinks in this way and they will deliver in the first track pack. :D

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I also doubt it.
    I just wanted to clarify that laser scanned tracks are not incompatible with rF2 number of owners itself.

4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thank's for this important information.
    Have you more informations (I don't understand the english spoken......).

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

He didn't further specify which would be their first laser scanned track.
    I think someone made a brief summary of the interview in September Roadmap after some critics for the few information in the roadmap which was written by Tim Wheatley.

I'll try to find it and provide the link.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I’m totally sure that s397 will do an amazing job on the new UI & weather physics ( & enhancing current weather visuals )

Leaving Laser scanned tracks are the only missing piece in the puzzle for rfactor2

7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Even if I do not share your enthusiasm, I will just add something indispensable you did not talk about:

You talk about weather effects but they are only visual effects / graphic immersion (pleasant but for me not a prority).

What I would have preferred in rain priority is the management of aquaplanning (directly related to the physics of the car and the tire and the quality of the track, whose laser scanned is by far the best guarantee.

juanchioooo and Adrianstealth like this.
  8. Yotan

Yotan Registered

Being laser scanned is very important. Moreover, like version of DJC and Tosch, I hope the roller coaster to move and I want to see open fire and laser light at night as well.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Their forthcoming Hong Kong track is yet another non laser

My hopes are reducing for rfcator2 moving to laser scanned

+Not a lot of hope for a monster like Nords

10. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

Tim from ISI...

11. stonec

stonec Registered

How would they even go on about laser scanning a street track located in the middle of one of the world's busiest cities? Sometimes expectations here are totally unrealistic.

fsuarez79 and aguy0523 like this.
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

Driving any day with a car with laser scanners installed.

Adrianstealth and juanchioooo like this.
  13. Yotan

Yotan Registered

Laser!!
    activate-the-laser-o.gif

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  14. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

:D:D:D
    I'm sure he didn't even think about that. Some people just like the term because it's "trendy" in simracing thinking that a laser scanned circuit will magically transform them into Ayrton Senna next time they take their real life F1 car for a spin around the streets of Hong Kong.

SteveK, sg333 and juanchioooo like this.
  15. Mulero

Mulero Registered

rFpro released this video a few days ago. If they can I guess S397 could also.

Anyway, I am of the opinion that lasersacan at commercial level is something totally unnecessary. With the correct data you can obtain results that are just as good and more than enough for the use we make of the simulator.

Teams of the FE if they need the highest possible precision, that is why they use rFpro and pay a large amount of money. Even so, last year's virtual track is not accurate enough so this year they receive an update.

Rui Santos and andrea_274 like this.
  16. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Invalid argument error.
    At least when track is build up for the event there stands nothing between the scan-truck and the track.
    When track is not build you can at least scan the road surface (the most interesting part of scanning).

Tackset, ede78 and juanchioooo like this.
  17. Yotan

Yotan Registered

I think that the course scanned by laser is accurate the corner R and shape as well as the road surface data. And many users know their shape at Asseto Corsa.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That hong kong scan is only relevant to the real teams, because it only matters to them (they're competing on it; it's a clear benefit to have it). I think the mistake people make in the laser scanning debate is thinking that laser scanning means mm perfect and detailed, while non-laser scanned is necessarily overly smooth and lacking details. You can absolutely have a non-laser scanned track with details, and you can get close enough to be indistinguishable from a laser scanned track. At that point it's just the LS label that people want.

When people say that non laser scanned nordschliefe is wrong on this corner or that corner - that's stuff that the track maker can potentially notice and fix. If they do that, what's left to see is wrong?

andrea_274, stonec and sg333 like this.
  19. filippu

filippu Registered

As it was said, it's always possible to scan city roads all year. It's not like it's a fortress that closes for the rest of the year. Sometimes you should think before posting.

20. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Nice video. The track looks really good. It would be amazing if we got the laser scanned tracks and the totally accurate car itself.

Is rFpro still partnered with rFactor devs? If so then I don't see why they couldn't share assets. And if it's Formula E paying for this to be made, perhaps FE would be able to share it with S397 to not only get some money back but promote it commercially. If there's one thing all home sim racers want, it's rFpro pretty much. I want to experience what professional drivers experience in their multi-million dollar simulators.