Honda Civic BTCC v1.3 - Observations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jayarrbee36, May 11, 2017.

1. joekart

joekart Registered

Yes, and i think a WTCC DLC would sell a lot more of RF2 licence.

dadaboomda likes this.
  2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In the quoted posts and above, it is proved that medium tire is odd with respect to hard and soft compounds.

6 months later we haven't had any official confirmation of the presumable bug. Being the default compound it is very difficult to understand how it went through all the testing and validation process recently confirmed by @Christopher Elliott in other thread.

Can we have an official confirmation of the bug and a expected frame for solving it?

3. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I've got to give that a +1.

4. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In another thread about the original Radical, Christopher stated that particular bug would be looked at when the team returned to work on the Radical. So I would assume, that ANY work on the Civic won't happen til after they return to several newer cars. Just my assumption. FWIW. And we should probably learn from the GT3 pak or the UI or Rain that ANY estimate is just that.

6. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

That's right ;)

dadaboomda and TJones like this.
  7. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Certainly, S397 will deal with it later without planning for the moment. OK, no problem.

But unless I missed it in this flood of information, can S397 at least confirm that there is a bug if there is one, and give an official recommendation in the meantime? (hard or soft tire to use for the moment).

Just official information, the clio lacking power, the civic is the only RWD to fall back on.

8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I would find it a huge bug if the civic was RWD :p

jayarrbee36 and MarcG like this.
  9. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Yes, I don't use these acronyms...... and that's english acronyms.

10. MarcG

MarcG Registered

FYI:
    RWD = Rear Wheel Drive
    FWD = Front Wheel Drive

dadaboomda likes this.
  11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

There is no real "bug". The medium tires are the newest cpm tire model (v1.103) and the soft and hard tires are the old tire modell (v1.101).

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

So because it is new cpm it cannot be bugged? How can they behave so different? Both of them cannot be right. Unless you consider old cpm completely inaccurate there must be an error somewhere.

13. LokiD

LokiD Registered

wasn't it said that the old gt3 Camaro doesn't feel nothng like the new Gt pack cars?!

So there is a massive difference between how S397 have evolved the tyre compared to ISI. Has it become more forgiving/authentic/realistic. quite interesting

14. Skan

Skan Registered

I have yet to see the problem with medium (or any) tires on the civic. Maybe someone here can point out what I am missing.

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

16. Skan

Skan Registered

Please show me in my video or a video from you where there is a problem with the medium tires. The setup is default.

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Sorry but I cannot see FFB in your video.

18. Skan

Skan Registered

What you can see is my wheel and it's movement. Does it appear to have a problem? I'm showing video proof the car is fine. You are showing data corresponding to your rig. Motec measures and records data of the driver and the car. It only applies to that driver and that car otherwise there would be no need for anyone else to buy a motec, they could just read old data. My motec data would be different from yours as would everyone else's. If you are using the motec to check clipping or other anomalies, that is only going to be data from your rig (what the car is doing according to your input) as well. Lets see video from your cockpit.

19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

What I posted is telemetry from a controlled steering angle test where my driving ability does not influence. I am showing both FFB and steering shaft torque as the game delivers them.

You should know by know that FFB is coming from the physics. If both FFB and steering shaft torque of medium tires are 3 times higher, please explain to me how can something is not wrong.

If you check you will also see that new cpm tire shows the rattling that can be seen in several recent vehicles. Soft and Hard tires show a really smooth FFB.

20. Skan

Skan Registered

Your data is showing you what your vehicle is doing while you are behind the wheel. How that applies to anyone else or makes it a Civic problem is part of what I do not understand. The second part is why you will not simply show a video of you driving and experiencing this problem from the cockpit and trackside. If I display my motec data, will that mean you no longer have a civic problem? nope. Did I suddenly have a civic problem after seeing the data you provided?; nope. That is partially because they are not related. A video from you and anyone else showing this problem from the cockpit and trackside would be beneficial and surly satisfy curiosity.