TOURING CAR REVIVAL (Converted by xFactor)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by R1CHO, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

That is ment for any custom skins.

2. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

3. Chris Osley

Chris Osley Registered

thanks for the update nibs

4. bwana

bwana Registered

In oz we ran a US sever with pings in mid 200' s no issues at all .. jump in with guys a test ?

bravotangosix likes this.
  5. rocky289

rocky289 Registered

Which is the best handling car in this mod?

6. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thats a tough one. All of them are fun.
    My fav is the Sierra and skyline.

7. JERACERX

JERACERX Registered

If you're looking for which car gets through corners the fastest, that'll be the M3, but it's probably the least powerful car in the whole entire field on the flip side.

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Hi,
    First of all, great set of cars this is. Closest thing to early 90s DTM in rF2 I know of :) Combined with 1988 tracks, a blast. Thanks for including static pit crew - nice touch. I also really like how mod is structured, by year, by series, really nice.

Is this mod DX11 compatible? In 1988 ETCC M3 (IIRC car#56), the dashboard arrows are corrupted visually.
    Also, a minor issue - side mirrors can't be adjusted so that I can see closer to car sides.

Lastly, anyone tried this with "Self in rearview mirror":"*" ?
    Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  9. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

The Sierra, Rover and Nissan are DX11 and the others are slowly being updated.
    Thanks for the error report on the M3
    The mirror issue will get looked at.
    Nothing will probably get done until the next 3 Aussie Legends cars are out.

bravotangosix and The Iron Wolf like this.
  10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Two more thoughts after weekend with this mod:
    - I do not know for sure, but I doubt 1988 M3 had speed limiter, this probably needs removing/disabling.
    - M3 is RWD, but rear tires seem cold most of the time (~50C). I understand that most of the heat comes from braking/turning in, just checking if this needs another look. This also might be problem on my end, cause I race with real weather, need to check how temps look in summer weather.

Thanks again, had a lot of fun :) I love how this mod showcases rF2 engine strength. Front tire slip on turn in, coming from calculated math and not from static FFB effect is amazing.

11. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

20171027_161401.jpg
    This pic (if I loaded the right one) is a bit special.
    As a 12 year old in 1971 I supported my Uncle Ray Lintott at Warwick Farm in Sydney where he raced Lotus Elan and later a Torana GTR XU1. In the Torana I spied on his rivals for intel on tyre choice in wet/ changeable weather.
    It was many years later in 1990 that he campaigned the Sierra (prepared by Dick Johnson).
    Later still he came 2nd in the Targa Tasmania twice (to Jim Richards).
    Also racing at Le Mans and for the Dodge team at the Daytona 24 hours.
    Ray passed away 2 years ago.
    With this mod I raced at the Nords.
    Who put it on pole?

Edit: I found a pic from Warwick Farm 1971.
    Warwick farm 1971.jpg

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  12. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Thanks to @philrob for updating the textures to Albedo.
    UPDATE 17/04/18
    BMWM3 EVO DX11 (philrob) http://www.mediafire.com/file/xxxikq1j1bf8zxe/TCR_BMW_M3EVO_v042b.rfcmp
    BMWM3 gauge needles fixed www.mediafire.com/file/u2xvwopkkbr59mx/TCR_BMWM3_v042.rfcmp
    BMW 635 - Albedo maps (philrob) www.mediafire.com/file/rk5rki668n1hw61/TCR_BMW_635_v042.rfcmp
    TWR - Albedo maps (philrob), fixed gauge needles www.mediafire.com/file/dcbk15c9d40ibjj/TCR_TWR_v042.rfcmp
    VOLVO - Albedo maps (philrob) www.mediafire.com/file/idqzxqzb1c1l2dp/TCR_VOLVO_v042.rfcmp

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    yashiman, John, toebee and 3 others like this.
  13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  14. Obbzy_XR_

Obbzy_XR_ Registered

Hi Flaux,
    Unfortunately the original creator of the Merc (and a few other TCL models) has declined to give xFactor Racing the rights to bring the remaining cars across to rFactor 2. Perhaps, one day, we will get permission, or new models?

Corti and bwana like this.
  15. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

There's a GTR2 DTM Classic mod I had permission to convert to rF2 but it is sitting on my TODO list and not getting any closer. Would your team be interested in having a look? Would be fantastic addition to M3 DTM. Please PM me if there's interest.

And, thanks for this fantastic mod :)

PirroC, bravotangosix, Corti and 2 others like this.
  16. SlipperyJim

SlipperyJim Registered

"local anachronism"???? The Texaco Sierras had the front guard flares raised and the inner guards modified in order to allow running 17" wheels/tyres without fouling when the suspension bottomed out on humps like down Conrod Straight. The outer flares were also not of the material that the road cars flares were made of. Blind Freddy could see the external flares were different and not in the correct place, but FISA chief scrutineer Marcel Servais apparently could not! Maybe some one should have gotten him a cane and dog! That said, it took a very trained eye to see that the internal guards were also modified, they were incredibly well done, but they were proven to be because the Australian scrutineers took mouldings, and those mouldings and mouldings of a road going RS500 were presented in court when Eggenberger challenged the disqualification. Here is a pic showing a side by side comparison (actually taken at Bathurst 1987) of one of the Texaco cars and a legal Sierra RS500. Also in the pic is evidence of fouling in the legal Rouse Sierra RS500. You be the judge whether they deserved to be disqualified.

Attached Files:

17. SlipperyJim

SlipperyJim Registered

G'day, I loved the origianal TCL mod in rFactor and really appreciate most of the mod being brought over to rFactor 2. BUT I have a serious problem! The AI cars continually roll over and either destroy themselves or crash over the boundary fences and hence are out of the race. Am I the only person to experience this? Every make of car in the mod does this! When I am driving any car through the dipper at the Bathurst 2012 track the car rolls over into the fence unless I go through at walking pace!

I believe this is due to the tyres having far too much grip (especially true when you consider I did a 2.08 in a carby VL Commodore at the Bathurst 2012 track!). To test this, I exported the tyre model to rFactor 1 and the AI cars proceeded to roll over every hard corner. Now this can be fixed by either changing the tyre model (a laborious task for more than one make of car) or lowereing the C of G figure to between .19 and .2 in the cars HDV file. the latter method worked fine in rFactor 1, but I cant get my head around on how to do it in rFactor2. If I change the HDV file then export it to the MAS file rFactor refuses to load the car because of the CRC correction check. I believe I would have to some how export all the changed MAS files into a rfcmp package and reinstall it? How do I do export everything to a rfcmp package?

Attached Files:

18. toebee

toebee Registered

Check out the first few links. It sounds difficult but is easy once you have done it a few times

19. bravotangosix

bravotangosix Registered

@Nibiru I know you already have your hands very full mate but I don't suppose there's any word on updates for these awesome automobiles?

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  20. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

All I can say is sometime this year maybe.
    Now that some documents have been published by S397 I'll be trying to add that to all my car and tracks.