Nordscleife laser scanned

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by dadaboomda, Nov 17, 2017.

1. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Do not think I want to repeat myself, because I've already talked about it on other threads.

I discovered by chance the heading "WISHES".
    So I formalize here my wish :

- Nordschliefe (with as much as possible the sudschliefe with the VLN and the 24h, and why not the tourist).
    - I may preach for my parish, but I tell you very frankly, if the track is not scanned laser (because it is the nordschleife and you have probably a lot of customers who ride in real life) verd not even worth it.

Just to say at 16:57 French time there was ... *** 19 servers*** open for the Nordscleife .
    Which track is so popular regarding the servers ??!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    Schpidie and vegaguy5555 like this.
  2. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I would prepay for a laser scanned Nordschleife!!

SteveK likes this.
  3. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

We have a convertion of the laser scanned assetto corsa nords.

4. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Yes but :
    - The layout is 100% good but all the details like bumps are NOT there (technicals reasons)
    - Graphics are not very good (trees are not enough green, in the nords it is embarassing) plus it isn't in dx11 (not a real problem but if we can have it....)
    - There is only the nords (not the sudschleife)

But especially why S397 would be the only company not to make the best track of the world then the totality of the games / sims / arcade sim have it and very often in scanned laser ??

I think knowing that there is an ILLEGAL version from their direct competitor, they choose to use their resources elsewhere. I do not find that great.

Schpidie likes this.
  5. Corti

Corti Registered

SteveK and Sebastien Sestacq like this.
  6. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

rFactor Pro??????

7. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

It's for commercial use (car manufacturers, racing teams, etc...) so don't get too excited :p

What's with the Disney soundtrack tho?? It kinda ruins the mood

8. Filip

Filip Registered

Disney???!!!???!!!!?!!??:rolleyes:
    :D

fsuarez79 likes this.
  9. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Tried rfpro once at a racing car expo,mclaren where running it next to their stall,Williams f1 team where there too,got to see but not meet massa and botas.

Had a ten man race in the skippy and I can say it felt very similar to rf2,I guess it was base supplied physics that’s why and not mclarens own physics.

Got to see some awesome f1 cars new and old,I was shocked at just how long and wide the 2014 f1 cars were

10. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I think you don't know what you're talking about.

Dookie, kimbo, TwoHardCore and 7 others like this.
  11. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I think you're under the impression that your post's about Nord is somehow the voice of God. Nobody cares how eloquently you write you're imploring and formalization. People, including the dev's, already know about Nords.

It's out of your direct control. Give it a rest. Let it go.

fsuarez79 likes this.
  12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Is there any new news on this
    Using a non lasered version would be painful for me I’ve never bothered to even try

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@fsuarez79 I think Blue Danube predates Disney :D

@Adrianstealth new news on a laser scanned version of nords that's never been hinted at by ISI or S397? No, I think not. But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be painful to drive a less accurate version, either.

On the other hand, if some group of people stumped up some decent amount of cash (I don't know what would be ballpark to cover licensing and labour; 200k? 300?) S397 would probably be able to make it happen. Spending the money and time (which they evidently have sooo much of, hence everyone's wishes being realised) on a track that only a portion of the small rF2 userbase would even want to drive regularly would be a heck of a gamble. And it's not really going to sell many copies of rF2 by itself when it's available in many other games (which, in the driving-game community, are already more popular because they're easier to drive and feel like you're doing well).

David O'Reilly, Corti, bwana and 2 others like this.
  14. Skan

Skan Registered

If we can ride the roller coaster... I'm all in.

15. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Just imagine if they did supply us with the laser scanned nords,and then the real life track had to be altered for some reason,we would then be driving the outdated track,and that would in my eyes render laser scan useless.

Look how many tracks in iracing are outdated due to this very reason,is it worth it to have to keep paying for new liceneces to keep the tracks up to date,maybe if the player base is big enough,maybe not if it isnt

16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

When I started RF2 I used the non-laser scanned version of DJC and Tosch. This version was entirely made on the basis of the version of Pleclair, a quebecois who ended up abandoning this non-laser project scanned for the benefit of ........ the first scanned laser version from AC called Ksring. A new version exists but don't made y him I think:

if the guy who made the non-laser scanned version of RF1 and RF2 has chosen to move to a project certainly illegal laser scanned, we can say that there is a good reason. ..

Having looked before thousands (not hundreds) of videos on the nords in camera onboard and outside, I just did not recognize the nords in the non laser scanned version : totally fictional graphics (thousands of trees on the north, not a single identical to the real nords etc ..., the layout Completely false [really], false bumps etc ...).

I spoke about it on a small french forum ... in less than 24 hours, I received at least 7 personal messages to give me the link of the scanned laser version. And we are really on the nordschliefe. On the other hand, APPARENT the CONVERTED version does not take into account all the scanned laser details (for specific technical reasons).

Driving in real life on the Nords several times a year and having seen thousands and thousands of videos of the Nordschliefe, despite the converted version clearly imperfect, I simply can not use the wrong version of the nordschleife: and yet I bet that it is dx11, more fluid and allows to use the 24H and the VLN.

Try it, you'll see.

17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

@Lazza "Spending the moneyand time (which they evidently have sooo much of, henceeveryone's wishes beingrealised) on a track that only a portion of the small rF2 userbase would even want to drive regularly would be a heck of a gamble."

You say that a very small part of the users use the nords, I think you totally underestimate this number.

- 1st reason:
    even if you forget my posts on the nords, enjoy you to count the number of threads / posts concerning the nords ... you will have for a lot of time. There is simply NO track that is so much discussed on the forum including ISI archives. This is not a first serious indicator according to you?
    - Then second indicator:
    the number of open servers for the nords (to which we must add the "ksring"). Find me a track more represented online! I am an offline user, but still is not it a second serious sign showing that there is a real demand ??

Well, I think that the argument quoted is bad and pure speculation, hence this answer.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@dadaboomda I said 'a portion of the small rF2 userbase'. I didn't say a 'small portion'. I don't know if it's a large or small portion; the point is that either way there aren't a lot of people splitting the cost. And S397 would want to be pretty sure what sort of portion size it is before committing, wouldn't they?

dadaboomda likes this.
  19. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Considering that less than 10% of rF2 owners have paid for the first DLC pack it would be a suicide to put the required amount of resources to build a laser scanned version.

The amount of work (money) to scratch build this track makes it adviseable to negotiate with those who have already built a laser scanned version.

You may want to send a mail to Stefano Casillo (just an example, choose whichever version you think is the most accurate) and ask how much money would he ask for allowing a legal conversion for rF2. The right of conversion fees would have to be paid again to the circuit owners.

When you have all that information start a Kickstarter campaign to gather the required money.

If you so much love the track you will make the effort. It is very easy to ask others to take the risk.

If its such a bargain as you say you mught end making money yourself.

Good Luck

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  20. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Sorry Lazza, I had misread:

it is undoubtedly related to the fact that although I understand rather well (for a french ah ah!) English usually, I can more easily make mistakes.