[REL] iDT 2005/2006 Champcar Lola

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by iDTDoug, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Looks like I will have to do some aero tweaks then. I'll take Slamfunk3's advice and put the numbers in the physics calculator and see what I come up with. As it stands now, the values provided were from the rF1 to rF2 Online Tools.

True, but wouldn't that need to be an update to the track? We could do that for the tracks that we release, but not all track makers will include that with their releases. The way that it is, you can go into the Tuning menu and click on the "Force Setup." That would help with the multiple versions (Road America for example, I have 3 versions of it) and you could use the same wheel map.

If there is a way to add the map to the track, let me know, and I'll take a look.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

The track makers have to do it, they should already have it in, it's simple to do.

Guimengo likes this.
  3. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

did we?? I've always only included that in my tracks. Its not a vehicle setting.

4. Coutie

In your upgrades you have a bunch of steering wheels. I only mentioned it because you could save a bit of performance, and having a lot of upgrades can cause issues.

Guimengo likes this.
  5. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

ah, Chris can remove those if desired, his call.

6. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Great car, just not on my skills to drive them without TC :D cant turn with 10% throttle and already wheel spin xD
    Just too bad the purple bar is close to the limit with these cars in my PC so whenever I go to a curb it goes to max and game run slow, a bumpy track like Road America is near impossible to run.

7. deceda

deceda Registered

Could this fact also cause higher cpu usage on tracks? I am asking because with the new out track ZOLDER 2016 Vers. 1.3 my cpu usage reaches 100% ... but only with this mod?! So i have just stutters and the pictures on screen are running on slowmotion ... with other cars on same or other tracks np.
    ZOLDER 2016 has also a bit higher cpu usage with every other car comparing it to stock or modded content.

8. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Yes I have same issue with this new track

9. Coutie

No.

10. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Chris, and Doug, nice job with the conversion so far. It has been really nice to run these old beasts once again, and especially, as Justin Wilson as I used to in my old league. I really, really miss him.

As regards the mod, a couple of points. I am also experiencing the 'sudden launch' (and in fact, also a 'come-to-a-sudden-stop') of this at the recently released Portland track; in the bumpy sections at the chicane; both at the entry and the exit. I can't see if the car is bottoming, but I don't think its that. I also used the red sidewall tires, and on those, the white lettering on the insides appears to glow which is a bit offputting. Also, I seem to remember this mod had slightly different helmets? Or at least one did, where the visors on the helmets had the nice colors/metallic shades instead of just black. Would be a nice upgrade!

11. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I'll check out the dds files on the tires and see if I missed doing the dx11 conversion on those. Please confirm that you are running the dx11 beta.

12. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

If I go down the hill and brake at the 150 sign, I can hit 180 (I consider that cheating), but just before the downhill, at the 300 sign, it's 176. This is why I used the front straight.

Chris, I found this video, where a commentator says they got 190 down the front straight. It's 2006 Lola with Bruno Junqueira. You do make a good point with Lola vs. Panoz. I watched the Panoz in 2007, and it WAS doing 200.

1:47.067 by myself, but still testing the mod, and not worrying so much about times.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  13. deceda

deceda Registered

Ok.

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Hold the phones.

I was using an old version (Road America 2016 1.4), and it was real bumpy, and bottoming out the car, stalling the progress. It even slowed the car by 3 mph.
    I tried Coutie's RA (1.41) and with SAME setup, I managed 183 down front and back straight (to turn 5).

I also ticked off 1:44.638 :). I was also up half a second, and just quit, to come and post my findings.

SOOO, it was the track?

I still think it has a little too much drag, but only just a little bit now.

On to Monza!

ede78 likes this.
  15. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

Hi Doug, I can confirm I am running DX11 beta. The issue with the tire glow is worst when stationary in the pits; it isn't as noticeable when running at full speed.

As regards, my prior request on helmet visors, if you want to be accurate you can ignore it! I have looked at archive photos of Justin and at that time he used only dark black visors. I think there were others like PT who had colored/mirror finish (blue, red, yellow) but it seems Justin didn't use those. So what you have is period-accurate.

Keep up the great work!

iDTDoug likes this.
  16. ede78

ede78 Registered

Same experience in Portland.

17. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

This does remind me of the old days. Remember that we were developing these mods for the actual series back then and to run on high end (at the time) gaming pc's so our skins and files were higher res than some other mods because the machines could handle it. We live in a different graphics age now with dx11 and GPU cards pushing resolutions to 4k monitors. Its scary to open task manager and load rf2 with a large track and field of 30 and watch your resoursces vanish in a few seconds. And to make matters worse, cryptomining didn't exist back then making GPU's more scarce and more expensive to get. I do see a better GPU future ahead though, NV and AMD have always had a good battle with each other and the mining scene will push that into better and faster cards in the future.

but to keep you appeased.. we are working on the next one..
    [​IMG]

Shamrock, Matt Beavis, ede78 and 6 others like this.
  18. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Ah HA! The DP-01! (now who's gonna build the Historic Indycar set and get me the Vels Parnelli X Wing I've been whining about for a decade????)

19. ede78

ede78 Registered

@ 54:00 the speed trap shows 179 mp/h.

20. ede78

ede78 Registered

It's a blessing for the RF2 community that IDT is still around! This mod is epic!
    Donations will continue. Thank you for bringing back these fantastic cars and all the good old tracks!

iDTDoug likes this.