[REL] iDT 2005/2006 Champcar Lola

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by iDTDoug, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I think I figured it out. You MUST have at least one track selected for a rfmod for the series to show. I was trying it with just the car and talent files. I selected a track and now it shows up. So, since this is a dx11 mod, the only dx11 track I have done is Toronto.

2. dradecki

dradecki Registered

Ah, good find. I need to take a note of that.

3. boxer

boxer Registered

If you are trying to group them in the opponent filter you could add multiple classes in line of the *.veh file
    i.e (Classes="IndyCar2014_500,IndyCar2014_Season" )

4. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Well, The series seems to be coded so that only the tracks packaged with it show up and my vehicle filter shows no cars after I included a track so it looks like we'll just do the component only.

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  5. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Don't know if you missed my post, where I allready hinted at the solution for your problem that you luckily found on your own aswell. I would only use components for the simple fact that it makes updating single cars alot more easy instead of uploading the whole mod over and over again, even if it is just a simple tweak in a text file. ;););)

Chris Lesperance and jayarrbee36 like this.
  6. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

7. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I forgot to thank redapg for the rFactor 2 Online tools which helped out a lot with the physics converting. (Sorry forgot to send that one over to you Doug)

Anyways, please read the notes, and if you have any advice ok know the bug fixes, please let us know, and we can attempt to learn and improve going forward :)

Shamrock, Heisenberx, ede78 and 2 others like this.
  8. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Thank you to all involved.!!!

9. F1lover

F1lover Registered

10. Chris Lesperance

Great looking screenshots! Thanks!

ede78 and F1lover like this.
  11. ede78

ede78 Registered

YesYesYes! Thank you!
    Further feedback will be given ;)

12. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Tire Flex is Sublime!!!!!!!!!!! great great mod!!!! Love it... again thank you guys.

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Thank you for this mod and thank you also for releasing it as a rfcmp and not as a rfmod. :)

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

I have found that the car has too much drag, at least with my setup abilities.

For example: At Road America, the front stretch you could get to 200mph. The most I've been able to do is 178mph, and that is with 5 (front)/6 (rear) wings. If I use a decent medium setup, (10/12) I can only get 176mph, and if I use a high downforce setup, I can only manage 169mph.

Other than that, I can only find a subtle flicker in the windshield (probably due to reflections).

15. Chris Lesperance

That actually, I think would be pretty close. The ChampCar broadcast didn't have telemetry on their onboards, so it is hard for me to confirm. The Lola did have a lot more drag as compared to the DP01. The DP01 I can see as just getting to 200, the Lola, I can imagine around 185.

I haven't done a back to back comparison between the Lola and the DW12. Unfortunately the DW12 only tested with the 1st generation spec body kit, and only did race conditions with the manufacturer body kits. But I think the Lola should be comparable to the DW12.

What are you hitting on the run to turn 5? That should be the place of the highest speed. I know at the track, that is the place where they do have a speed trap set up. Unfortunately, I can't remember back to '05-'06 to know the speeds as I was there for those races.

16. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

17. Chris Lesperance

Thanks for the info. I'm still really inexperienced with physics editing. That is good information, but I'm not sure how to translate that info into .hdv values. :/

18. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

If you use the physics spreadsheet fromISI/S397 you can put in the info from your .hdv into the Aero tab. It'll then show you what your current downforce and drag figures are. Then you can make small adjustments and see how it affects the car. You still have to take different ride heights into account, as they obviously influence the outcome, but at least it gets you in the ballpark.
    TK

Chris Lesperance likes this.
  19. ede78

ede78 Registered

What are your laptimes?

20. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

You guys don't need to put steering wheel maps for every track, they can be included with the track, and just place the right material on the steering wheel, or wherever you want it.