[REL] iDT 2005/2006 Champcar Lola

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by iDTDoug, Nov 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Thanks for the heads up and all your efforts for birthing this baby to the community, Chris & Doug. Looking forward to some scary drives around some scary tracks.

2. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Unfortunanly I couldn't upload any other images atm. So these will have to do for now.

[​IMG]

Again still having some small physic issues with bumps. I'm going to attempt to run it through the rF1 to rF2 physics converter one more time this weekend and see what we get as a result

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Are you using your own collision model, or a game generated one?

4. Chris Lesperance

It's been a while since I have looked at that file. I'm pretty sure it is using its own. I essentially used the DW12 .gen as a template for the ChampCar Lola. So I believe in the Collision line in the .gen, I'm using a specific collision.gmt

Do you know how to have it as a game generated one?

5. Coutie

You just don't make one, or include it in the gen. Michael told me before that the collision model is the most likely cause of flipping. On the car I was working on, I didn't realize it exported the normals backwards. The undertray points also need to be correct, but he said they're softer so they shouldn't cause a flip. So my advice is to just comment out the collision model and test if the game generated one is ok.

ede78 and Chris Lesperance like this.
  6. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Which is 'best'? I have avoided letting the game create one because I thought it would be too heavy performance-wise...

7. Coutie

It creates one that's 250 tris or close, that's about how big it should be. If I'm correct, it only loads the collision model when you join a game, others just see the yellow temp car, so the smaller the collision model is, the less of a lag there is when someone joins.

8. Chris Lesperance

Interesting. I'll give it a try tonight and see what happens. I do know there are suspension bugs that could be adding to the effect. I'm still really new with the whole rF2 progress. Doug polished a few things from my initial conversion, but the both of us are still fairly new to rF2 physics and editing process.

9. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

Why would an RFM series not show up in the menu? I have all the files named the same, the mas file has _RFM suffix, and the car and talent files are in the mod and it packages fine. The rfm mas file even shows up the installed/rfm folder with its version after it.

10. Chris Lesperance

Just reinerating what Doug said, I am having the same issue I was having when packaging it. It seems the game puts the RFM .mas in the correct spot in the rFactor2/Installed/rfm folder, but the game is reading the folder from the My Documents/rfactor2/rfm folder. No matter how you package it, I can't get it to go to that location.

At least that is the bug I've noticed.

11. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Bump!

Hoping Coutie or someone can help

12. Coutie

I don't think you include the rfm with your mod. Your car should be a component(Physics, Art, Sound, Teams, etc) and nothing else.

jayarrbee36 and F1lover like this.
  13. Chris Lesperance

The F1 1988 includes the .rfm. It isn't a really big deal, but you will need to search through the vehicle filter list in order to select the one that is needed. The 2006 season are listed by specific races.

14. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I'll test that tonight, we can always include the mas file separate so people can put it where its being read. As long as we have a workaround.

15. Coutie

That seems odd. If there are changes per race, you can do it in an upgrade. I've never tried the 1988 mod, but if it's an rfmod instead of an rfcmp, then it will be it's own "mod", but if it's a component, you can select it with all of the other cars. I think you can select rfmod cars with all cars and tracks too, but I'm not sure.

16. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Could there be another mod conflicting with the new mod?

17. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Might it be possible that you need atleast one track to pack everything into a rfmod? If you are just trying to pack several cars into a rfmod it might not work then. IIRC Enduracers cars for example aswell as any other mod that just distributes several cars, the cars allways come as single components and not packed together as a rfmod.

In that regard I guess it makes more sense anyway to keep all cars in single components, because you won't have to update your whole rfmod and upload it again everytime you update a single car. My two cents on the subject and I hope it helps. :)

18. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

I doubt it, I try it in both the steam version and my old non-steam rf2 install.

19. iDTDoug

iDTDoug Registered

ok, I dont even have a My Documents/rFactor2 folder so neither install ever made one. I get absolutely no series show in on the Steam version at all, but I dont have any installed anyway (other than what i'm trying to get to work). I've tried renaming the Mod Name =" " name to the exact vehicle folder name, didn't matter. The RFM files work in ModDev mode just fine. I can select the series no problem. I tried putting loose files in the installed folder, no dice. I tired naming the rfm file with the version _10, doesnt matter. There are 57 skins in this mod so we really want the series filter to work.

20. F1lover

F1lover Registered

Man that is frustrating. I hope someone has a solution, Just my 2 cents.. maybe upload the files and maybe someone else can solve the issue?