Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

A full series as in all the cars listed here? Enlighten me which sim has all of the listed cars, because I'm not aware of any and you make it sound like it should be a realistic target for a small studio.

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

The fact that it doesn't exist (project cars 2 does have a good amount of them, 11 of the current gen GT3 if I'm not mistaken)) is the reason of my comment....
    Idk some of you really look like if there was a chance to license a full series you'd rather get only one or two cars because you can feel better. Geeeeeeeez :rolleyes::rolleyes:

From my side, go S397!! If possible:
    [​IMG]

McKiernan likes this.
  3. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

And the DLC will cost 90€ each.
    Sure? I can read:
    JT5 Shiro 2016
    Shiro JT5 is coming from racing series Japan Tourers 5. It is FIRST OF THREE CARS AVAILABLE.

Studio397's Nissan is a 2013 spec if I rember well (naturally aspirated V8 3.4L cc and less of 500HP)
    Urd Nissan is the 2016 spec. (4L, 2.0L Turbo and more thant 500HP)
    They are different cars

4. LokiD

LokiD Registered

don't get rf2 users really. They bark on about having great physics and the best ffb. Then run mods from just about anyone who can make a car they need. Really? Sorta defies the point using rf for groundbreaking physics!!

maybe I'm just being overly negative with rf lately as I'm waiting for the big update. But can't blame me I've been waiting for this big update since like 2013!

Guimengo likes this.
  5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Yeah i saw that after, but since you mentioned "if you buy the pack you will have the other 2 cars from SuperGT when they will be released." i thought there was already some sort of pack price.
    I wonder if they've really made some progress on the other two however since afaik they had rF2 on hold until S397 had made more progress on DX11

6. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

I guess you haven't tried URD mods. I'll take their LMP mods over for a spin on RF2 a thousand times over LMP's in PCars2 and their DTM mod over the Merc in PCars1, which are official content, but be my guest

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  7. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

The 911 R is a limited edition street car, The GT3-R is the racecar.

ECAR_Tracks likes this.
  8. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I happen to agree.
    The games/sims that have huge quantities of cars just don't cut it in terms of the driving/physics/ffb/authenticity of the differing cars.

Three years ago the complaint may have been valid but we had awesome racing anyway in RF2. There were good mods like the BES GT3 car set. The Official ISI GT cars were awesome. But sure there was ONLY ONE each of GT1 (Nissan), GT2 (Corvette) and GT3 (Camaro)
    Later P1 gaming created a BOP mod that evened out the Nissan GTR GT1, Corvette GT2, Camaro GT3 and added some Apex cars for good measure. We had an unbelievable 24 hours of the Nordschliefe in them.
    URD GTE cars were good enough and very popular.

There were calls that the modding comunity found RF2 too complex and there would never be enough cars.
    We now have at least 5 or 6 Modding groups making awesome cars of all types. ASR (Formula) Enduracers (LMP and GT cars), Apex GT cars, URD etc etc. (sorry if i left you out).
    Now we have a great car set from Apex modding, we have the S397 DLC.
    By comparison PC2 is very expensive and is it as good overall as a sim?
    iRacing costs multiples of the price of RF2. Yet some complain about a DLC price that is less than 1 month of iRacing.
    I just don't get it. You can't, it seems make everyone happy.

There seem to be very separate tribes;
    -people who just want tons of cars
    -people who want better graphics
    Everybody nearly wants it for nothing/very little.

Anyway rant over.
    I am loving RF2. It keeps getting better and better.
    Just finishing my 3rd season of FSR.
    Right now I am preparing for my 3rd 24 hours of the Nords.
    #1 was in the BOP Nissan (Godzilla)
    #2 in a BMW 125 (lack of budget)
    #3 Apex 911 GT3.
    I can't wait.

There is great racing going on, enjoy it.

This one was THREE years ago (back when there were no cars or tracks apparently in RF2), yours truly impersonating Herbie the love bug at the finish line.

9. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

I'm perfectly happy racing the GT3 pack and enjoying it to no end.
    We are soon attacking Bathurst and after that it is the Ring, my first time driving there.
    Exploratory sprint season over it's endurance after that, can't wait.
    Then it's the new rain effects that will have us start looking into more realistic weather racing, that's going to be new and exciting for me.
    And last but not least, eagerly awaiting the Tatuus cars.
    Fast formulas are not very popular with people, too hard to drive.
    The Skippie is, well, slow and harder to drive than an F1 car the way it's made, you'd think it has a "big block" under the hood the way it lets go under power on corner exit.
    And the USF2000 can't be serving us forever.
    Need more formulas.
    F2 is great, GP3 is great, FR3.5 is super awesome but when it comes to having full grids and offering entertainment to as many people as possible we need more formulas that are approachable by most people.
    Truth be told we have no shortage of good cars to race.
    But I have come to understand that there are so many considerations to a league owner when choosing a car for a series that they are running out of options faster than you'd think.
    They have to be bug-free, DX11 updated, popular, compatible with the good tracks, driveable etc etc.
    Last but not least, I understand S397 have their hands full with new and exciting projects to move the sim forward.
    I just find it sad that historic cars, something RF2 took pride in, have been left to rot.

EDIT: Remember that car?
    The Radical SR3?
    Well, had totally forgotten about it (thankfully) but if it were to be updated in it's physics model it would also become an excellent choice for a series.
    I know the driving behavior of it is a controversial topic but one has to look at the facts and I think the facts are that it has been largely forgotten.
    You've done all the hard work already, shouldn't be too much trouble to look into it hopefully.

marmagas likes this.
  10. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Since we're expanding the topic by talking about new DLCs:

Are there rf2 users on this forum who are very interested in a DLC supercars?

Of the hundreds of posts I read in the forum, I do not think anyone spoke of supercars (ex: laferrari, aventador, huracan, 812 superfast, agera rs etc).

This surprises me because we have more than 20 cars ISI / S397 very varied and of all times .... but no recent supercars (except if you consider the corvette c6 ZR1 like a supercars).

11. Depco

Depco Registered

For me, The supercar is not a priority. I actually hope S397 does not dedicate any resources to supercars. They are NOT race cars. This is a racing simulator.

I think that S397 only has so many resources and dedicating any of them to Supercars takes them away from real race cars. For this reason alone I suspect most rF2 users are not terribly hip to having S397 work on Supercars.

RaceNut, Ernie, Nimugp and 5 others like this.
  12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Shortly No. rFactor 2 is a racing simulation for me with one important aspect. I love competition, the kick at the beginning of the race, Hotlapping for what supercars are used to, is so boring for me

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Ernie, Nimugp and David O'Reilly like this.
  13. lagg

lagg Registered

For me, the most important would be a modern formula, with electric and gasoline engine. This would allow the modders too, to develop this system propperly.

multivac and ceecee like this.
  14. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

supercars DLC...No thanks!!!

RaceNut, kimbo, Nimugp and 2 others like this.
  15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I have AC for Supercars, if however we're talking about certain Australian Supercars that like to drive around a certain Mountain then.... ;)

16. yippssy

yippssy Registered

YYYYEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA

That's Supercars!!! from Ausie lands!!! WITH REAL GEARBOX emulated!!

Leave Project Cars and Assetto Corsa to drive BMW X5 and Cayenne 6L TDI.

And totally agree with @lagg to create chasis with fuel and batteries, specially LMP1 spec, 2 motors, 2 differential, ECU options... different power unit (fuel/batterie) per drive-train etc...

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  17. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

Thank you all for your opinion on the interest of having recent supercars in RF2 (as aventador).

I also give you my point of view.

For me there are rather a lot of reasons to want at least 2- 3 supercars.

I will only give one:

We have ISI / S397 car content of exceptional quality, very varied and of all times and types. In particular, have GT3s that are ideal for training and that have been made with both the best S397 physics technologies and real car data.
    Cars very varied that allows to have cars with physics very different and interesting to drive and train.

---->>> Well I think that there is a REAL interest to have 1-3 supercars because the physics and therefore the steering would be very different. The FFB feeling would also be very different and certainly very appreciable.

So for me, one of the advantages of having supercars is simply to have something exciting, different and interesting to drive, to have the opportunity to drive something that no cars ISI / S397 can not bring us (physics / FFB totally different).

Filip likes this.
  18. KILL BILL

KILL BILL Registered

I just want a road car bmv m3, m4, as in assetto corsa, with semi-slick & road tires. It's closer to reality to drive on a real track. But if rFactor2 is for racing series, I'll never see it here...

19. lukilord1

lukilord1 Registered

there is a M5 on the workshop, don't know if it is any good though.

20. txinas

txinas Registered

For me modern f1 is the best elections and i like to see oficial LMP1,Lmp2 more GT3 to use it in resistance. URD is not doing things right so estudio 397 have to cover this area well because is the best simulator to do this type of races.