Since build 1109 released, problem in multiplayer

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Adam Helyes, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

Hi.

Sorry for bad english.
    When we change sessions, the server is very slow. Not only our server. The server synchronizes.
    No one sees cars for 5 minutes. But the clock is runing.

2. marmagas

marmagas Registered

Confirm.
    Last night we had problems@SR4L,syncro problems between sessions,lots of freezes.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

4. Adam Helyes

Adam Helyes Registered

Hope to fix it. Very frustrating. I am admin, and I strive for perfect organization. :D

5. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

i hope that, the S397 will repair it soon!!

6. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

We resolved this problem (i hope)
    The new build (1109) isn't compatible with liveracers plugin. If you delete all liveracers files, the problem is resolved.

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@Imre Bende LiveRaces is not the problem at least not in my servers, running build 1109.

8. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I do not use LiveRacers either !
    Long synchronizing and 5 minutes for cars to load on server problems remain.
    Along with very high ping.
    New DX11 installation from DX9 on Server and Client has caused this.
    DX9 install never showed these problems.

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Yes, cars to load takes much longer time with build 1109. I can also see that some servers which are running with low up/download speed are synchronizing long time and not only when you join the server but also when new session.

10. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I think should be useful if someone could try with a new server, without any plugin. In my servers i have the welcome message plugin + Liveracers, and when the new build 1109 has comes out i was experimenting an alternative to Liveracers which make the server (1109) crash (not with v1108).
    In another league where i race, they reverted to v1108 because the servers were unstable with the live weather plugin and their live timing.
    We all have problems with v1109 and we all use plugins! Unfortunately i can't try i these days, i need my servers to be online with v1108.

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

We've got two v1109 servers that are utilised on alternate Thursdays for racing with around the 15-20 attendees and both have the Welcome plugin and Live Racers plugin and to date (touch wood) have had no problems with sync, load times may be a tad slower but not really noticeable.

12. ceecee

ceecee Registered

My connection is 200 Mbps down/ 19 Mbps up and the server is running on 13 Mbps up/ 13 Mbps down.
    So this is not the problem and was not happening with v1108 DX9.
    In v1109 DX9 synchronizing problems started, now in DX11 loading times and high ping have been added.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

The only diff at the moment is that I gather you're running your server from a full game installation of dx11 and we're running ours via the steam cmd method (which in dx neutral)...whether there should be any differences in how they behave, I dunno, wouldn't have thought so.

14. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Good point !
    However I have run the server on its own dedicated licence and computer since 2013 without a problem, same weekly users, same hardware.
    And I am reading of Steam server users with the same sync, high ping and loading problems.
    I seem to notice this since v1109 (in DX9 v1109 the sync and ping problems started).
    I only moved to DX11 this week when I found Simhub, also thought it better to bring the installations to DX11 before DX9 gets switched off.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I am not sure if OT or @ceecee are hosting from the launcher or with SteamCMD . I am hosting with SteamCMD and all seem to work as before. However I have bit longer join time from my game PC to my dedicated server pc with build 1109. I can also see that when I join some common servers which I have used a long time join time from lobby is taking much longer time then before and some servers have huge load times when new session. It looks to me that there is some issue with build 1109 but I am not able to figure out what it could be.

16. ceecee

ceecee Registered

I am using a separate dedicated computer for the server and using the Launcher.

17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

In our league we also had problems during last race.In our case we have trouble when switching to qualifying. The game would freeze for all the players in the server.

Restarting the weekend and advancing again to qualy session solved our problem.

ceecee likes this.
  18. ceecee

ceecee Registered

Ok, will try this on Friday, thanks for the idea.
    Oh well, if the five minutes loading time remains then this is a good time for a pitstop ;)

19. Brent

Brent Registered

Our league has had the synchronizing issue going from practice to qualifying sessions for 3-4 weeks. Our 5 minute qualifying session starts with 10 minutes on the timer, then it freezes the video repeatedly studders for a minute or so while it's synchronizing and when it unfreezes the qualifying session is at around 4:30s remaining.

Last week we believe this caused some other handling issue in the race session. We are using a fixed setup and the tire or track grip or realroad seemed to have been affected. Cars were very very loose especially after 5-10minutes into a run but we decided to continue the race. I saved the setup immediately at the end of the race and it matched the fixed setup that was being used. After going back to a practice session and loading the setup the grip levels were back to normal.

Last week as a work around we decided to restart the race weekend as soon as the synchronizing happened in qualifying. Tried it again, and everything worked ok the second time.

We are using the stockcar plugin and welcome message plugin. Not using liveracers.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  20. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Our server runs in a remote desktop with SteamCMD and has this issue, our qualify session was frozen for almost 5 minutes and it had only 8 cars on track. This started with 1109 build