New shaders with GT3 pack

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Pauli Partanen, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Your a smart guy..you should know what it means

Guimengo and Juergen-BY like this.
  2. Carr

Carr Registered

Thanks for the info Bernd, I will have a play with it and see what I can do.

How hard is it for S397 to put up a 2 second post saying that it uses the same shader and to set the objects to be in the main slot and set as deformable? I have actually been using that shader the whole time I have been messing with rF2 mods but don't have a working version with that shader as I was trying to play with chrome. The main things that had me questioning what they had done was weird colour shading on the alpha layer of the GT3 templates as well as this in the vehicle file indicating that it has changed:

ShaderReplaced="L2CarBodyPaintWithDamage"
    ShaderToReplaceWith="L2CarBodyPaintSoftWithDamage_HACK"

I really hope that they change the part about having to be in the main slot as it removes damage to bumpers and other objects that are set as debris.

@WiZPER, I appreciate that you spend a lot of time on the forums and obviously have more knowledge than a lot of other people with your experience with URD, but instead of making useless posts criticizing people or their opinions, how about helping them. I have seen many posts where you talk down on people and even reply later in threads to say I told you so. If you knew this information, why didn't you post it?

As for leagues dying, nobody said it was because of shader info, it was said because of a lack of quality mods that are in our interest. There are only so many GT3 or open wheeler seasons you can run before people want a change and often look to other games for that. I personally won't release a mod that I don't feel is of a quality that I would like to drive with nice looking models, balanced physics, solid tires and such as well as being able to run at different graphics setting without too much performance impact. If I download a mod to try and it doesn't meet my standards, I delete it and in no way consider running it in the league I help manage. This dramatically reduces the variety of different types of cars available.

Guimengo likes this.
  3. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Because things may still change, that's why. And for the record: I'm not affiliated with URD.

4. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

If you think ISI rFactor 1 / ISI rFactor 2 devs support was a load of a ¨#%¨&#% and that would be impossible to be worse, S397 is making you think twice.

Nibiru and Juergen-BY like this.
  5. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

Feel free to voice your opinion, and elaborate in a more constructive way. We are very communicative, and also open to opinion and feedback - but blanket statements like that are just baiting for conflict on here.

lagg, Slamfunk3, Ernie and 2 others like this.
  6. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

Christopher, have a look in Track Modding forum section.

There's no answer from staff to questions made 2 years ago, but the tech evolved is being used in new tracks, I mean, there's people in the staff who knows how to use those but there's no one to provide some support.

If it's a deliberately new way of work where modders are not allowed to use the new GFX to make official content special, just let us know.

The silence there is deafening.

alpha-bravo, TJones, Nibiru and 2 others like this.
  7. lukilord1

lukilord1 Registered

go to the rf2 Discord, questions are usually answered pretty fast.

8. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Hahaha

GrimDad and Guimengo like this.
  9. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

We're working on getting that info out, thanks for your patience. And thanks for being more constructive ;)

alpha-bravo, toebee, Guimengo and 6 others like this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

If that info made every modded track look and perform like NOLA would be fantastic :)

Goanna likes this.
  11. Carr

Carr Registered

@Christopher Elliott It is great to see that you actually read the forum sometimes and posted in this thread, the great shame is that you didn't say anything with any relevance to the topic or give us an idea of when this information will be available.

Nibiru likes this.