Thinking about improving FPS, a path to optimizing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emery, Oct 19, 2017.

1. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Medium

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Get proper hardware then, or stick to single screen. My 780ti handled tripples just fine, without MultiView.

3. Emery

Emery Registered

rF2 has changed since the day a 780ti handled triples just fine without turning down the settings. The GT3 pack is about a 25% hit to fps compared to older rF2 cars... some hardware combinations can take the hit, some can not.

4. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Yes, you bought a product which was always announced as evolving for years. Either you follow pace, or you have to deselect certain features. Ever noticed that even Windows push it's requirements on each release ?

5. Emery

Emery Registered

The certain feature that will get deselected by people is running rF2. This is exactly the sort of attitude that makes AC more popular.

Note I say this while owning a GTX 1080.

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

How can you play with all that micro stuttering when using Fast sync or do you have some fix to it?

7. LokiD

LokiD Registered

there's less mstuttering @ Nola with fast then without it. !

8. Emery

Emery Registered

I don't get any micro stuttering? Maybe because the monitors have no adaptive sync?

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Not really true since Vista though, which was released over 10 years ago.

Windows Vista requirements:
    • 1-gigahertz (GHz) 32-bit (x86) processor or 1-GHz 64-bit (x64) processor
    • 1 GB of system memory
    • 128 MB of graphics memory (minimum)
    • 40-GB hard disk that has 15 GB of free hard disk space
    Windows 10 requirements:
    • Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
    • RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
    • Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
    • Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
    • Display: 800x600

10. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

Hi stonec.

Recently I updated my dad's aging P4 system with Intel G33 chipset onboard graphics (DX9) from WinXP to Win10 and it was unbearably slow.
    After upgrading the CPU to a Core2Quad and adding an old nVidia 8400GS, the system became usable again, so that he can now do his daily office and internet stuff.

So, those minimum system requirements are to be taken with a huge grain of salt ... ;)

WiZPER likes this.
  11. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

"you have a GTX 1080 and a single screen, therefore you do NOT fall into the class of people who will have fps troubles. The people with fps troubles have at least one of the following conditions: triple screens (myself!), VR, 4k, or an older video card (nVidia 600 or 700 series)."

Agree.

With 780 gtx I play totally smooth in 4K, best settings of the driver. BUT I have to deactive ALL worst setting of the rf2 graphic engine which is absolutely not optimised.

--------------

Have you thinking about OVERCLOCK your gtx 1080. It is easy, tutorials are well done and easy to understand if you respect the process. The key is to do it in being PATIENT. That is safe for your gpu normally (respecting the easy process).

In 4K, my gtx 780 slowed down very slightly 4-6 times during the 21km of the nordschleife. With my +23% overclocking, it is 100% smooth.

But if you OC, your ennemi could.be the throtteling of the GPU (increase GPU fans, open a maximum the tower etc.).

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I thought the lod_0 of AC and pC were +-80,000 polys, in pC the showroom car being 200,000.

13. Emery

Emery Registered

Yes, I think you're right for pCARS 1. pCARS 1 showroom is definitely more highly detailed than the track cars. Wonder what pCARS 2 is doing?

AC, though, does not go that route for their LODs. You can tell just by the polygon count for the McLaren, where LOD A is over 200k polygons and LOD B is under 30k polygons... we'd sure notice if the track version was only 30k polygons!

14. Emery

Emery Registered

pCARS 1 info from https://wccftech.com/project-cars-60fps-ps4-60000-polygons/

15. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

You don't really take developers own "requirements" serious, do you ? I'm talking about the FACTUAL requirements.

SPASKIS likes this.
  16. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Agree.
    I think it is better to be conservative when specifying system requirements to properly use some hardware/software.

Being unrealistically optimistic will just provoke frustration as it was the case with rF2 initial reccommend requirements.

The consumer gives a lot of importance to the "what to expect" from an item. When these expectations are not met the negative perception is extremely harmful for future purchases.

See Oculus policy regarding PC requirements. Nobody that has his Oculus working with lower PC specs than official requirements is frustrated but more than happy instead.

Guimengo likes this.
  17. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

How I wish, Emery!
    I'm the stupid guy with a 1080ti with FPS troubles at least with GT3 pack in single screen (1080p).

18. Max Dralle

Max Dralle Registered

I haven't followed all your posts, but with a 1080TI you shouldn't habe any performance problems at all.

So just in case:
    If you are using VSync, it is mandatory to enable Triple Buffering in the nV driver settings.

I'm running an OCed GTX 1070 (see sig) and recently had loads of fun in a GTx mixed field with plenty of performance headroom.

19. ECAR_Tracks

ECAR_Tracks Registered

I don't use any sort of Sync, it induces a delay between control input and the physics response.

It's worth saying the FPS figures uses to be 100+ but the perception is about 30.

20. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Indeed it is an important detail. Isn't it stuttering? Can you do a fraps benchmark enabling all logs and upload you results?