[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Or something like "it's drizzling- just keep an eye on it but it shouldn't be a problem for the moment"
    then as it gets a bit wetter, around 35% wet: "Might want to get some inters/wets on"
    followed by at 75% "Track's wetter than your mum, get some wets on before you bin it!"

Ernie likes this.
  2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Rain is being reworked and we will eventually be able to tell things visually.

I think that some suggestion/information about what tires to use etc might be useful (and immersive), but I suspect providing such info for all mods/series won't be easy to get right: different tire sets, different tires, different vehicles. What applies to one doesn't apply to others.

Something like trackmap will also eventually come back.

3. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Maybe not to tell you exactly what the tyres needed are, more a 'helpful bit of advice' and leave it to the driver to work it out. You'll end up learning what's best for what car at which point anyway.

4. elbo

elbo Registered

what time is it is a brilliant addition for VR! thanks for this app.

Hazi likes this.
  5. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Yes, agree with that.

But an idea came into my mind, but i don't know, if this would be possible.
    You're on slicks and it starts to rain. If the wetness is increasing and your sector times drop by e.g. 10%, CrewChief could give you an advise to better go for rain tires. The 10% is just an example, but it should be quite reasonable.
    I think, this calculation could be car/mod and track independent, because the percentage difference in laptimes between a dry track and a wet track (rain tire wet) should be quite similar across all vehicle classes, i guess.

AMillward likes this.
  6. AMillward

AMillward Registered

This is what I said, but once the road reaches a certain wetness (which may be easier to code than the lap times, since a drop in 10% could be due to running wide). Leave it to the driver to make the decision and just advise going onto new tyres.

After all, the driver would make the decision in reality.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  7. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

This might work most of the time. My concern would be by the time we can detect 10% drop it is too late and user is already struggling in corners (or sand). Another problem is not all series have rain/wet tires, and right now CC doesn't have such information.

Yesterday, I actually started to think about building a database for rf2 vehicles, for information that isn't available in the internals model. It should possible (I already have scripts to extract driver names), and it should allow for CC to calculate optimal tire temps, interpret wear correctly, know optimal brake temps, whether rear flap is available, pit crew readiness timeout etc. One of the things that might become known is if rain tires are available. I think then we will be in a better position to announce such info. Another quick temporary option is to have a flag on a car class that says that rain tires are available.

Magus and Ernie like this.
  8. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Would it be easier to base it round wetness rather than how much time drops?

9. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I think the time difference between dry and wet laptimes would work better in most cases. Because there are cars (especially some road cars with treaded tires or semi-slicks) which could stay quite drivable even with 50-60% wetness, where racecars with slicks already struggle with 25-30% wetness.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Is it possible to get the full course yellow audio to play only when the FCY is called? Right now it says it is under yellow every lap to tell about pit lane info, would be nice if after the first call it only talked about the pit lane, going green next lap and then green

11. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Yes, I can see how it can be useful as an option. I'll add it to my backlog to add "Enable pit status messages under FCY" to both rF2 and rF1.

12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

New awesome release 4.8.1.0. from the Crew Chief Mega Corp is out! Loads of great stuff, check out the update notes.

specifically to rF2, we've been working on improving pit stop experience. Current CC release also adds new settings that I'd like to make you guys aware of.

• "Enable rF2 pit lane approach detection" - Experimental feature that might be gone or reworked in the future. When enabled, CC will try to detect that car is pitting in and warn to watch speed limit in pits. There's no information about that in rF2 internals, so I came up with idea where CC detects if we're in a narrowest part of a track, requested pits and past road/pit entry fork. This will not work for all tracks, probably won't work for ovals, but works for all the road tracks I tried. If it doesn't work for your track, simply turn this off (and let me know if it works or it doesn't, as I need to get a sense of how viable this approch is).

• Car classes got a new setting "pitCrewPreparationTime" for the pit crew preparation time. So you can set it for your class, by default CC will assume it takes 25 seconds for crew to prepare for a pit stop. You can find out preparation time for your class using CarStat tool.

And new cut track configuration setting:

• "Enable rF2 cut track heuristic detection" - When this is disabled, CC will call out cut track warning only if game invalidates current lap time, and displays "Warning: cut track" in message center. When enabled, CC will warn about cut track if all 4 wheels are off tarmac, or car is 2 meters past track edge, or game invalidates current lap time.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I remember that old spotter app had a count down to your pit stall when you were getting close (3, 2 , 1). Or was that another game and I'm confusing, I dont remember, long time I dont use it :D
    Thanks for the cut track update, this was getting very strange to listen about track cut when I did nothing wrong at all

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

After updating to latest build CC has crashed and i can't get it to work anymore.
    Any ideas because i mis him already

15. Sparten

Sparten Registered

Are you getting any error message on the crash, we need a bit more information else its impossible to say what the issue might be.
    One thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall it, if you havent allready tryed that.

16. Eddy

Eddy Registered

No i don't get an error message just crew chief stopped working and report to windows.
    Didn't reinstall yet will do that tonight. And report if problem persists.
    Thnx for your help

17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Eddy likes this.
  18. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

One more thing, check the Windows Event Viewer/Administrative Events (type eventvwr in Win+R prompt) for .NET application crash entry, and paste the text here please, maybe we could improve error handling somewhere.

19. Dobbie

Dobbie Registered

Got a problem at update with Avast Anti-Virus. Has put it into container or so. Must deactivate Avast for 10min and start CrewChief.

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

sorry Vytautas i did read your post to late but fyi when i restarted my computer today CC again said to me there was a new version of it and i downloaded again and all was running okay.

The Iron Wolf likes this.