Apex Modding GT3 - 2012 (v1.09 )

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by yoss, Jan 25, 2014.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

I blame |Apex modding group for Bentley addiction.

Guimengo likes this.
  2. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Yoss + Apex for President! ;-)

3. cbvta

cbvta Registered

i must be getting old, but what does this mean--system of 3 different BOPs

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

As I wrote, it's balancing the cars to three different track types. In real life there are ways to do this balance of performance so the cars run close everywhere and there is no clear favorite. However, balancing that with only one track would be impossible, and users running leagues or offline will very doubtfully be doing adequate weight penalties to balance out the performance on different tracks.

So with this kind of setup, where the user or league admin enforces a specific type of BOP (or leave a "free" setting), the racing will be more balanced. It's quite a bit of additional work for Apex to do but it will provide something not available elsewhere.

5. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Gents and Ladies, If you like these cars there is a 24 hour race coming up on the Nordschliefe.
    P1 Gaming.

Nostra likes this.
  6. sg333

sg333 Registered

Any news on the paid mod, still planned?

7. David O'Reilly

Are you convinced that cars that are balanced for performance on the Nordschliefe would not be correctly balanced for other tracks?
    For me it is not intuitively obvious. A lap on the Ring needs it all; Top Speed, handling, braking. In my experience it brings out imbalances very well.
    Can you provide an example of a track where they are not well balanced?

8. oppolo

oppolo Registered

i tried 2 cars, bentley and mclaren, but when I press left-ctrl+seat or left-alt+seat, i hear the voice and the text of mirrors adjusting appears, but mirrors dont move

9. yoss

yoss Registered

benty central mirror before :
    [​IMG]
    benty central mirror after :
    [​IMG]
    benty side mirror before :
    [​IMG]
    benty side mirror after :
    [​IMG]

10. oppolo

oppolo Registered

ok, left-ctrl+seat and left-alt+seat are inverted left/right

11. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

Is there a reason why the z06 has no side windows?

12. yoss

yoss Registered

13. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

Uuuh i see. Thanks for the pics :)

14. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

That means it's a great place to test a car, not necessarily balance it.
    For that, many different tracks and different types of tracks are required.
    And it's not possible that all cars will be just as fast on all tracks when they have different performance characteristics.

15. David O'Reilly

Please explain that to me? So far I don't agree that it's not a great place to balance a cars performance.
    I don't see (so far) any explanation or even any examples as to why or how 2 cars that have very similar lap times at the Nordschliefe would not have a good BOP for most other tracks.
    I can easily see the reverse IE BOP at a certain tye of track but not at Nords
    But I am happy to listen if you want to substantiate how it could happen that you have BOP at Nords but not elswhere?

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The length of Nords lends to mistakes that could even out lap times for reasons not associated with BOP. Shorter tracks can allow the testers to discard laps with errors and get a better sample of test times.

Will Mazeo, Gary77 and Emery like this.
  17. Nostra

Nostra Registered

the bop is continuously improved by us. Different tracks and lengths (6,8,12 hours) the bop from bentley is new (extra for the Nordschleife) after the race, we will work for the next updade.

Lars likes this.
  18. David O'Reilly

Well sorry, I dont buy that. You can very easily discard laps of the Nords as well.
    Today I tested 2 setups. Each with a 7 lap stint. In each stint there was an issue or error on one lap.
    One was traffic, the other my son coming and talking to me.
    Using live delta I was easily able to see my delta b4 and after the issue and do some "data smoothing", ie average the lap b4 and lap after.
    Outside those issues the laps are within 0.5 sec over a 8m30sec lap.

The level of drivers who are used to do BOP can do consistent laps at Nords. The longer lap is in my view even better than a short one.
    The Dottinger Hoe separates any aero/drag advantage.
    Braking is tested in many places.
    Cornering also over minutes of racing.
    Fuel consumption too.

So nice try but my question remains, how can a car be BOP on the Nordschilefe and not another track? Prefer with an example but a decent argument beats an assertion.
    Anyone
    @Guimengo
    Anyone.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't understand being brought into this. I'm not a GT3 fan but I've done work to understand the gaps and adjust BOP a few builds ago, before the first wave of larger and recent overhauls. But more on the cars, since the real life cars do have their performance adjusted for multiple races, that argument (tracks with differing characteristics) does seem to hold water.

I think the Ring is a good track to take into account, so much that I had it in my list of options quite a few posts before this flow of posts emerged, but it's not a be-all, end-all track, and not all races are held at the Nordschleife and there alone. Thus it's my belief - and shared by the couple of people who matter - that a tuning menu option for different track characteristics may best suit most league and offline needs, including a no BOP option as well.

Back to the cave.

ps: While you don't have the speed to do BOP work, you could be of great assistance to the community - especially beginners and casual wannabes - by helping Emery with his Apex GT3 setup sharing topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2017
  20. yoss

yoss Registered

Lars and Guimengo like this.