Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

People help you and you continue with that attitude, annoying.
    To explain it in simple words: welcome to rF2 where strange stuff happens and nobody knows why, not even the devs.

Mulero likes this.
  2. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

I am one of the 5% too but i dont blame s397 for this mess. At least they are trying to put the car out of the dirt. And the one who put it in there are ISI with a complete catastrophic strategy. I think they never believed in this title and therefore never hired a bunch of talented guys to get this thing going. I think their bad marketing strategy can be seen in this strange rogue system title.
    Their strategy also led to a very strange group of consumers who were willing to pay the money for lifetime and online racing but now crying about 15 bucks. ISI also did everything to not evolve in any of the aspects which might attract young and or new customers: a lightweight UI a bit more atmospheric feeling like background sounds (like race 07 if you are in the pits). It is a pure and very good simulator but it failed to grab customers from ac when it was a complete mess.

3. kimbo

kimbo Registered

First, I read, later I answer
    Your problem does not interest me

4. liakjim

liakjim Registered

rf2 forums...i should know...

5. liakjim

liakjim Registered

What attitude?
    In my very 1st post i had my pc settings and components explained and yet later i was asked what pc i have...
    People don't read.

6. kimbo

kimbo Registered

the rf2 software does not work well on the trolls' PCs

3NPV5IRR likes this.
  7. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Stay on topic, or you'll not be able to participate anymore.

8. liakjim

liakjim Registered

Nice to know that I am not the only one with issues...

I tried same combo with none gt3 cars. No issues.
    I hope that they will address these issues.
    Good thing is the online everything seems fine.

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Customers are not to blame, individually they may be strange, but in numbers they are always right.

To everyone it's own, if we believe that the car team is different from the core developers of S397 (UI and DX11), the GT3 pack mess is not ISI fault at all.

With four skins for each car (nice look alike of real skins, with no real sponsors, with a fantasy Croydon Endurance Series number plates), similar to what URD did for their EGT pack, you would have avoided many complaints, as well as balancing sounds (interior vs exteriors). When you know how easy it is to have skins painted by making a simple request to the fan base (participated in a GT mod version, we asked for skins and in a few days our problem was to sort and select all the marvelous skins sent to us for free).

To be honest ISI made some great cars (Stock Cars for instance) with three slightly different cars and their skins, and some great cars at their moment (ISI C6R GT2, FISI 2012, AC Cobra, DW12 second version, BT20, Historic F3, etc.). They were unable to bring graphics to the level of other games, and that is a fatal flaw on the gaming market since it exists.

Cheers.

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

The thing is that gMotor has large communication not only with system RAM, but also with Virtual Ram. My usage is around 3-4 GB VRAM, System ram ~7.2 GB and ~11.5 GB of Virtual RAM (paging) in Silverstone. I believe this is going to change when DX11 is made to default in near future and don`t think its worth to spend to much time to discuss gMotor performance once again. Lets just wait and see :)

11. liakjim

liakjim Registered

Yes i understand that dx11 is still in beta.
    But the behavior in post #450 is really strange.
    Just a single setting will make the fps half , from 107 -> 47 fps!!!
    And this setting is supposed to be less taxing (not in my head thought, the AI cars were just a few) but still, the opposite results.
    Online i have no issues as mentioned so i can appreciate the great handling of GT3 pack
    although i don't like
    • merc's ffb,
    • the somewhat friendly behavior of mclaren and bentley over the slip area, were you can catch them really easy even in huge slip angles like wrc cars
    • the dampened feeling of the corvette
    • and the radical's suspensions , damping seems too little
    But i have really great feeling of cars' mass and inertia. Cars dance around grip limit. Really great. I just wished they were more snappy like the magnificent ISI Corvette GT2 or the ISI Nissan Gt1 which are the best cars of rf2 when over the limit. You make a mistake and booooom , tank slapper. Recent cars from Studio397 (radical, usf2000, nissan etc) are way too catchable even with huge slip angles.

12. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

You forgot one important point and that's rF2 has a good reputation for being most realistic (is what I hear in other forums. There was even an interview with a race car driver 'Wolfgang' who made a comment about rF2's realism that had some guys in AC upset).

If all the cars were the quality of the new GT3's I think we would see sales double and triple.

Also rF2 has the best clarity. They just need to work on frame rates.

Just as long as this new rain update doesn't slow things down more this could be very good for sales I would think!:)

Also it seems everyone likes to cheer for the underdog! The people here are very nice and polite. S397 has a good reputation for being professional. I don't recall ever hearing garbage about them besides rF2 needs work in general.

So I think people would be willing to pay a premium price for a premium simulator with a professional developer and forum environment.

PS2 is trying to be more like rF2 and rF2 is trying to be more like PC2. It's a mixed up world...... oh my Lo....la!!:p

13. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

No you missunderstood me. I dont blame the customers. But the reason why there is a lack of skins or whatever is not because s397 works not well. The reason has its roots way back. Or why do you think isi sold that rf2 quick.

14. demerzel

demerzel Registered

If you have a moment. I would appreciate if you could write down your idea about the reason.

Zeh Drei Peo likes this.
  15. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

Maybe it was a mistake to only rely on modders and not to develop a long time strategy for income like dlcs

16. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

3NPV5IRR, Depco and SPASKIS like this.
  17. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

18. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

He took this persons advice not mine. There's no mention of stating otherwise. As far as I'm concerned, the matter is moot.
    "The funny thing is that i tried what @marmagas said i used 30 as visible cars.
    And voila , solid 60fps!!! So thanks Dimitris (i guess)
    With only 12AI..."

PACO :)

19. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

• Just a reminder, I updated my Bentley, to align the front graphic centered, it's perfectly centered now. The above link will take you to the thread where my skins can be downloaded. ENJOY!
    Cheers
    PACO :)

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Paco572 Sorry, yes, you're right. Same advice, different person, supposedly good outcome but then later a bad outcome, restatement of illogical viewpoint after my explanatory post, irrelevant (for troubleshooting) comparisons to AC, multiple digs at rF2 and people trying to help (who weren't even defending rF2 explicitly), and coutie makes a good point. Hope he sorts it out, but not worth trying to help.