Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

Liakjim this is not a challenge. You ask for help? Aswer at questions than. You don't want to do so? Don't expect help.
    If you have nVidia and Shadowplay turned on you can will see a 40/60% drop in fps on rF2.
    When I turn it on I can easily pass from 144 fps to less than 80.

2. Lu ManiaK

Lu ManiaK Registered

Ah ok. Thanks, that explain a bit. :D

Rui Santos likes this.
  3. liakjim

liakjim Registered

Ok, this is actually the 1st valid proposal.

"Arrogant and AC fanboy". Reported...

My pc components are shown in my 1st post with the pictures I posted...but we all had to loose time repeat the obvious.

I will try that and report back.

Also I would like an official answer about the how many cars are shown.

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Thanks for the report, that just a fact, i know you. Anyway i already told you that Suzuka track has problems, if you want to make another test, try another track...

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Screenshots of what the config program reports hardly count. Motherboard details at least were needed, thanks for providing that.

'rf2 cannot be blamed' - if you want help, don't assign bias.

6. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

I made the suggestion to liakjim to reduced the visible vehicles down from 70 and he ignored all of my advice!!. As liakjim has clearly shown that he is a CSO when it comes to computers. Stonec was correct "The CPU utilization is never 100% in rF2, so it's irrelevant. Games rarely use 100% CPU these days, if they do, they are typically badly coded. The lower CPU utilization, the better. End of story." A perfect example of this in MS Flightsim, this game has such bad old code, 16 bit I think, it's almost uses the CPU exclusively even if your sitting with 2x GTX 1080 in SLI. Knowing what your specs are tells a great deal about your system and therefore people can try to help you find a solution. Like stonec, I've been around since the days of DXsx20, and If you know what that is you have grey hair. I certainly know what I'm doing and if your not going to take my advice or advice from what are clearly knowledgeable people here, then why are you here? Never mind.. no need to answer.

PACO

kro388th likes this.
  7. liakjim

liakjim Registered

No biased from my behalf.
    Ok I was really detailed in my previous posts, so no need to loose time repeating myself.
    Bentley is magnificent by the way.
    AC fanboy out.

8. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Studio397 is now working on more skins. I understand that they should have had them ready for the release but it wasn't the case. They will consider how good or bad it is to promise unrealistic dates to push presales.

Releasing the rest of the GT3 pack has pushed sales which now are near 50.000€. However, only 5% (2800) of rF2 55K owners have bought the full pack and 2% (1200) only the Mclaren.

For me this a real poor result and the biggest evidence that things are not going in the right direction.

Online numbers have not increased being in historic worse values since the free transfer was completed in January 31st.

Owners number don't seem to have benefitted from the release of the GT3 pack. According to steam spy there was peak of 67K owners who apparently refunded back to actual estimated 55K.
    Screenshot_20171028-132000.png
    I wonder how many of them had problems with actual update and multiversion system or are unsatisfied with its state of completion but that seems the case.

VR seems the only thing that really pushed the game sales. Clearly the UI and competition is the last chance to change such a negative trend in terms of economic results. If the way to release that is going to be like with this GT pack the result will be equally poor.

Unless S397 fixes the broken things that are behind making people refund the game shortly after buying it, nothing will change. The problem is not the UI, it is the overall "nothing works flawlessly" experience.

Jon, ECAR_Tracks, demerzel and 2 others like this.
  9. philrob

philrob Registered

10. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Done my new skin for the Mercedes. Did a lot of blending of colors from one end to other was a real challenge since the body parts do not line up in the .PSD file. I know this color scheme might not be everybody's cup of tea but I did follow my traditional colors of "racing dark green and yellow" which all my cars have. I hope you all like it.

PACO :) merc1.jpg merc2.jpg merc3.jpg

pkelly, McKiernan, Gary77 and 3 others like this.
  11. liakjim

liakjim Registered

Oh lol to people suggests to reduce visible vehicles when only 12 AI used (which miraculously worked) or remove vsync when we see GPU rests to just 60% ...

12. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

Nice paint job. I'll have mine up in my drop box later today.

PACO :)
    Well, thank you for the compliment. I appreciate it.
    PACO :)

13. demerzel

demerzel Registered

[​IMG]

14. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Very nice... Except for that hood!!!

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@demerzel If you're saying the suggestion to reduce visible cars didn't make sense because there were 12AI, you might have missed the bit where it has apparently actually helped. And Paco has also missed the part where liakjim did take the advice. And liakjim, despite probably correctly assuming the game isn't working properly with his PC, doesn't understand that if it's not the CPU and GPU that it's not working properly with (assuming others with the same CPU & GPU get better performance), someone needs to know what other hardware is present that could be causing issues. I wonder if there's a PCIE config problem? Not my area.

16. philrob

philrob Registered

nice work Paco, very brave to take on that gradient in that PSD.

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

No GPU load?
    GPU load.jpg

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I am sorry to agree with you, but I differ on one point, the UI is one of the main problems of RF2 ( not only how screens look, it defines how users interact with all aspects of the sim).

A simple sample, not rocket science, but when you buy RF2, if I am not wrong, it doesn't recognize your wheel, and when you declare what wheel you have, you have to assign every pedal, input and button, before being able to drive, other sims do that automatically.

S397 have shot themselves in the foot by releasing such a botched GT3 pack (skins are not the only problem of the pack, balance of sounds, steering of Mercedes, graphical load, templates, documentation, etc.).

This first DLC with no inherited problems from DX9 should have been a showcase of what S397 can do from now (nothing really well done, after a disappointing GT500 - compare to URD's offering -and a poor Radical, that I unsubscribed in disbelief after a short test).

Users have seen the final DX11 version release date slip away without any transparent explanation, after a triumphant august roadmap.

And if it was not enough, PCars 2 release, much improved over previous version, that shows how a 2017 sim can look ( available for 37 € if you search a little) makes the 15 € DLC a very difficult sale and RF2 look very dated.

Will displease many blind fans of RF2, but I am one in the few 5 % of users that bought the DLC.

S397 this is not the way to go, lame products and excuses don't sell well as you can see.

Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    Javi288, Marisa and demerzel like this.
  19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

SLI GPU load locked to 144 fps.
    GPU load SLI.jpg

20. liakjim

liakjim Registered

Ok , it;s becoming even more weird.
    All tests done after a steam integrity check with vsync off and shadowplay off.
    AI cars 12, sitting in pits. Matsusaka
    3rd line is cpu load at all 4 cores.
    GPU load is at 5th line, most right number

1. Visible cars 70 , good fps but why not GPU at 99% instead of 69,4%?
    [​IMG]

2. Visible cars 30 , bad fps , way less than 70 cars???:confused:
    [​IMG]

3. See AC with 12 AI cars and vsync off
    GPU load at a healthy 95%
    [​IMG]

Please explain this to me. People read 1st, answer later ok?