Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Reason could be that rF2 does not allow for multiple cars sharing the same number, you'd end up with doublets or unselectable cars/teams in the league packages.

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Incorrect.
    When you create a skinpack for a league you can choose whichever name for the veh. You simply have to avoid reusing the existing original names.

In my case I use a template to fully automatize this process. All vehicle and livery names are codified specifically.

3. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

almost finished, a doubt is the red band of the fender
    GRAB_021.JPG GRAB_020.JPG GRAB_019.JPG GRAB_018.JPG

TwoHardCore, sg333, pkelly and 8 others like this.
  4. Paco572

Paco572 Registered

juanchioooo likes this.
  5. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

juanchioooo likes this.
  6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Tow Hook
    Tow Ring
    Tow Bar

Tow <something> :)

Nimugp and juanchioooo like this.
  7. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I did not mean the trailer hook ,the two skins are different, 2 and 3 photo, one red another not

8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

ah yeah, makes sense :p Maybe a translator could have helped me, but lazy. In dutch it's tow-eye (sleepoog). Anyway, at least you got what I meant :p (maybe more from the picture though)

MarcG and juanchioooo like this.
  10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

ah, language barrier playing up here ;) I personally like the one with the extra red more, but it's allways great to give choices :D

and think I forgot to say, but I think they look nice

EDIT :: and sorry for double-post, missed that the post I had just placed was in this same thread

juanchioooo likes this.
  11. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I'm sorry, he's the translator, I do not know how to speak English
    I finally uploaded the two skins
    that the interested parties decide
    I am sorry

12. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes I know, you kindly suggested me to do so, I tried it, and it works (the only problem is that way of doing things, making an update and then a Vmod is above IT capabilities of 99 % of RF2 users). And with the next update of the car, you will need to redo the whole process.

The fact it is a pay mode with copy protection, makes an already technical process (I repackage with my teams to avoid seeing most of the ugly skins - in my view, your appreciation may vary - of ISI-S397 base offerings), even more complex.

If the car package didn't come with teams (would end in /installed as now), and skins' mas in /user/settings, users could replace or edit team files, to add a car a similar mechanism to the used for virtual drives (but with vehicle directories already created in order to ease the process).

Or something like that, with a special mechanism for leagues.

Cheers.

13. Rapala

Rapala Registered

At the moment I will only do races against the Bentley, Merc and Corvette because those are the only ones which have a single skin. As soon as I add maclaren and radical it just becomes a field of 80% maclarens/radical because of all those WFG skins and radical has 4. If we're not getting extra skins with each car I think they should be reduced to just 1 apiece so that the field is evenly distributed.
    So I'll probably just start using the AMGT3 mod for racing against to at least have a nice variety of skins and cars which I'm sure is not the sort of thing S397 wants people to start doing.

For a paid dlc, I have to say it's disappointing it shipped like this when it would be easy to see the issue when testing. I hope they rectify this soon and we see a nice update with a couple skins per car. Would very much appreciate an answer from S397 on their plans.

Mibrandt likes this.
  14. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

Agree very much - and hope performance of the GT3 pack will be improved significantly as well.

Travis likes this.
  15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

This has already been heavily covered in the GT3 Pack Release Thread, in the meantime all I do is start a Race Weekend with 29AI - remove the excess McLarens and add the other cars until I get an even spread. Yes it's a bit of a faff but that's just the way it is right now, S397 are well aware of our feedback regarding the lack of Skins/VEH.

16. Heisenberx

Heisenberx Registered

Dear team of Studio 397, when you release car as payware would you do the same with some tracks still missing in RF2? For example Surfers Paradise, Edmonton? Are you working on any tracks at all? I ask because I would pay for tracks with the quality you already showed.

17. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the texture of the tire of water and dry are the same, there will be difference, it will change?

18. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

And :modern Spa, Monza, Le Mans, COTAetc.....

19. muzikant

muzikant Registered

Wij need some good tracks, and I hope for a Nord... if itis one track to pay 20 euro for me is no problemo :)
    ik à m back for 3 years now to play Rfactor 2 but what a sim... left RRE AMS AC left behid.. the new gt3 pack I love the cars so much!!!!!!!!!!!

ThX!!!!!

vittorio and dadaboomda like this.
  20. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Not sure if this is the thread for this but I have noticed since the release of the GT3 Pack and subsequent update of the rF2 build version to 1109 my graphics and FFB are back to what they were some time ago. The problem is that you can be driving and everything is fine and all of a sudden the graphic glitches for a second, almost like lag, and the FFB on my CSW wheel goes dead and I have no control over the car and it continues in whatever direction it was travelling before the glitch. After the second (approx) it jumps back and the graphic catches up but I'm usually off line and in the dirt by then. This trouble was widely reported before and seemed to be fixed but has now returned (for me). Is there a setting that I should change to repair this or is it something that was latent in the system which has been inadvertently overlooked in the update and is now turned on again.
    Some assistance with this would be appreciated as the product is unusable like this and it is my first choice of sim and I have invested many hours into it thus far.

Thanks in advance
    JT

My specs
    I5 6600 3.3g
    32g ram DDR4
    Nvidia 1070 8g
    Win 10 64bit
    Fanatec CSW v2 with pedals v2
    Single 27" monitor
    AA lvl5 post effects ultra (been like this since starting dx11)