Alternative to Liveracers?

Discussion in 'Other' started by Depco, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Depco

Depco Registered

With Liveracers now asking for $84 per year/per server I have been forced to look elsewhere for similar functionality to what our league had used LR for. Essentially, the only functions that were used with any consistency was the Live Timing and keeping of best lap times as well as the Widget we could use to display the servers on our forums. Our league members used this to compare times across the membership and see how they stacked up against their rivals.

As I have told our membership I am not willing to spend that amount of money for the limited use we made of the service I am now looking for another program or service which will give this type of functionality. I don't require saved races and the data that can be extracted from that. We already use Simresults.net for that purpose.

I have looked into SLS and have been having some significant show stopping problems with just getting it installed on the server. I also looked at Liveviewer. However, that service appears to have been discontinued. If anyone knows of a system I can install on our league server and administer please contact me.

knackko and Badboy like this.
  2. Wishmaster

Wishmaster Registered

Send you a pm.

3. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Also after an alternative here.... If liveracers wasn't so expensive then you would probably pay for it..

4. McNolo

McNolo Registered

In RaceRfactor we use HLSSim, a fantastic tool made by one of our members (DavidHS).

You can check it in this link: http://www.hlssim.com

SPASKIS, Corti and dylbie like this.
  5. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I'm a member of some leagues, which also looking for an alternative to Liveracers. We wouldn't have a problem to pay for Liveracers, but the standard version is way too expensive, if you setup more than 1 server.
    So, every recommendation for an alternative solution is welcome.

BTW .... we only use the Livetiming and the Hotlaps. Championship management isn't really needed.

wrxxy, Stevenking and Badboy like this.
  6. Daniele Vidimari

Daniele Vidimari Registered

I join those who are looking for an alternative to LiveRacers :rolleyes:

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Me 3 :D

8. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Same here.... If they were to charge say maybe $20 a year for say 5 severs that would be do able....I don't really care about the Champ management....

9. knackko

knackko Registered

...and alternatives which are not hosted by tierce.
    VMhotlaps was good for that: a dedicated software to be installed by leagues, as a league have already everything to host it and admin leagues have technical knowledge to install/configure/operate it. As other software solutions, why not allow leagues to get the solution and host it on their own server for their own game servers, and aside of this, purpose a paying hosted solution for those who dont want to install such a solution.

At ODS, livetiming is still done by liveracers but hotlaps are done by rF2 Log Analyzer

Badboy likes this.
  10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

They prob got a bit greedy, expect price to drop

11. osiris32

osiris32 Registered

WiZPER likes this.
  12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

They'll ruin their business with ridiculous prices just like Race2Play did... that's a death sentence...

osiris32 likes this.
  13. knackko

knackko Registered

Yeah, I did also a 1st php customization with bootstrap but as I know today, VMhotlaps is not compliant with multi instances of rF2 from one rF2 install dir. It was 2 years ago, and then we switch to liveracers... finally I think that those 2 years was quite a waste of time with liveracers, we should continue to develop vmhotlaps and adapt it to multi rF2 instances.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    osiris32 likes this.
  14. osiris32

osiris32 Registered

I run separate installs in the league I run and in my team. So it works perfect for me.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Admin of EEC here and also wanted an alternative.
    Why this stuff has to come from the community anyway is already a pain, kinda expected this to happen to LiveRacers (or the site to end) someday. Devs should have made a system like this since like 2010 at least, and a central place where all driver data stays rather than one per forum as LR does.
    This is one of the things that annoys me so much in simracing, there is no league system for these, need to use community made LR, community made rF2LA, etc. Not complaining about the community, just the lack of effort from devs to make league/race admins lives easier, after all online racing happens in these sims (except iRacing) 100% because the commity make it happen.
    And when suggest something you listen "do it yourself" from a dev
    [​IMG] :D :D

16. DuRiN

DuRiN Registered

Hi there!, i am DuRiN, proud member of RaceRfactor and admin and developer of HLSSim Hotlaps System.

I have developed a system for rF2 and Automobilista that have:
    - Hotlaps, with lap detail and tire detail.
    - Livetiming
    - Manager
    - A point system on driving licenses
    - Telemetry upload to MEGA
    - An incoming module for claims after races

My system is centralized in a server i have rented, to give better results to my communities. No more installs for admins, if there are something new, its visible for all comms instantly.

Only 2 requirements:
    - Have remote desktop access to your server
    - Spanish Comms: 30 euros per year no limit in servers or other and 45 euros per year for outer spain (if speak spanish, 30 euros)

You can have all servers you want that your machine holds. Same price for 1 and for 100 (if you have a very good server off course).

Championships -> http://hlssim.com/hotlaps/Campeonatos.aspx?id_comunidad=2
    upload_2017-10-25_18-51-4.png

Tracks inside championship -> http://hlssim.com/hotlaps/Circuitos.aspx?id_comunidad=2&id_campeonato=3133
    upload_2017-10-25_18-53-59.png

Hotlaps -> http://hlssim.com/hotlaps/Circuito.aspx?id_track=10975&id_comunidad=2&id_campeonato=3133
    upload_2017-10-25_18-55-5.png

player lap detail (note custom avatar and flag) -> http://hlssim.com/hotlaps/Piloto.aspx?id_driver=360&id_track=10975&id_campeonato=3133&id_comunidad=2
    upload_2017-10-25_18-55-45.png

Manager -> Results after race (All sessions) -> http://hlssim.com/hotlaps/MostrarDe...track=10975&id_campeonato=3133&id_comunidad=2
    upload_2017-10-25_19-14-28.png

Graphics
    upload_2017-10-25_19-14-6.png

Livetiming
    upload_2017-10-25_19-15-49.png

17. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Also looking for an alternative for World Series Racing. Liveracers has served well but the cost is now excessive.

No need for a championship manager, just live timing and session results.

18. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I think www.raceview.nl is quiet nice. Not for free but cheaper than Liveracers

19. WSVR

WSVR Registered

Looked at that but the website doesn't seem to give a cost