Clients booted after update

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Depco, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Depco

Depco Registered

I have updated my GT3 Pack to the latest version using SteamCMD (What a cumbersome process BTW) and built a new rfmod for the server. After making the server available I and other drivers are getting booted upon connecting due to not passing the filter or some such message. Any advice? "

"Configured vehicle class does not match filter"

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
  2. Depco

Depco Registered

Do I have to move over the Serverkeys.bin folder again?

3. Depco

Depco Registered

Ok tried to move over the Serverunlock.bin file and that did not help.

4. Depco

Depco Registered

I have deleted all but the most recent versions of the cars. Still no luck. I again Serverkeys.bin and serverunlock.bin file moves without any benefit. Personally I think it may have something to do with downloading the cars through SteamCMD. (I've posted elsewhere about this w/o a response as of this post) One of the league's other server hosts told me that he simply moves over his "Installed/Vehicles" folder to the server and that works for getting his server to accept incoming connections w/o booting the drivers.

I also unsubscribed and re-sub'd to the cars. That did not work either. It looks like it is the problem of my server since no one can connect to it and we can connect to other GT3 updated servers.

I have not tried the copy "Installed/Vehicles" approach yet as I am waiting for some guidance from the S397 team. Hopefully it will come soon.

5. Depco

Depco Registered

All of the above attempts at making a working server were using the updated GT3 content as well as the URD EGT content on Poznan 1.10 track. I have just built a vmod with nothing but the GT3 Pack and Poznan and I was not booted. Is there a possibility that the URD content could cause a problem when paired with the GT3 Pack? I can run servers using both on their own, but paring them on the same server appears to cause a problem.

6. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

VRC GT3 ModTest2 dedicated server is working fine, getmod works also

7. Depco

Depco Registered

Simon is hosting that server. I just dont understand what I need to do to get this specific mod running on my server.

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Do you have all content in packages folder ?

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This is pic from my packages folder and as you can see vmod is not rfmod file as it should be.
    This is the same error which which you and me Discussed earlier regarding VRC URD server.

Packages.jpg

10. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Don't be disgusting

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

What do you mean ?
    Edit: Happy now, if not we can use Finish, Swedish, Norwegian or Sami languages :)

12. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Just a joke, sorry

13. Depco

Depco Registered

So when I use SteamCMD do I need to point the DL to the packages folder of the Dedi-Server? Currently content is DL'd to the Content folder of the SteamCMD folder (C:\SteamCMD\steamapps\workshop\content\365960) I pointed the mod manager at the installed folders for installation.

Using SteamCMD seems to be more of a pain in the @$$ than it is worth at this point. I think I'll go back to installing the DL'd content from my computer to the server again. Ill try that and see how it goes.

14. Depco

Depco Registered

Ok, I moved the .psd files over to the Packages/cars folder with the .rfcmp's for each gt3 vehicle. Lo and behold now the server appears to work. I'm now swearing off SteamCMD for anything other than updating the server version. Downloading content does not go where it needs to, to to be useful.

15. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It seem not to work.
    VRC nojoin.jpg VRCnojoinp.jpg

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

@Depco Server is working fine. The problem is that if you are not aware that you should rename that file as .rfmod you can not see which content server is using with mod manager in case you are hosting pay-mods or if server is not using get missing component.
    There is nothing you or me can do, it is what is. Server is fine now if you have Power Pack and URD EGT installed ;)

Just ignore my post above :)

17. SimonJ

SimonJ Registered

Yep it seems to be all good now :)