[REL] Crew Chief v4.5 with rFactor 2 support

Discussion in 'Other' started by The Iron Wolf, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

The Iron Wolf likes this.
  2. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

you could also send me a CC console output of the race when you use this mod. I'll map it to something close in CC (you still will be able to override ranges :)) Search for Multi-class or Signle-class in the CC console, and send me the names of classes in FR 3.5 if you like.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  3. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

4. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Thanks, will do.

5. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

this is the wrong thread really but rF2 install should contain matching mas2.exe tool

6. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Yes, thanks and apologies.

7. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Should have asked how to do this!! I copied the data showing in the console to Notepad. Would this be of any use?

8. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

search for text Single-Class or Multi-Class in the notepad, and send me the list of classes detected in your FR3.5 race, I'll add them to some class in CC. The only benefit of this, however, is that if your race is considered multi-class, mapping will fix it. You would still need to override temperature ranges (although mapping to some open wheeler class might change brake type and fix that too), or send them to us.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
  9. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

Guys,
    I've been fixing a corner case in rF2 where CC won't announce correct qualification position (sometimes), but I needed to make some drastic changes to the plugin. I would appreciate if you try out latest beta and let me know if you observe anything strange. There's an issue I am hunting where CC console prints "corrupt plugin version", but wasn't yet able to understand when exactly that happens.

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?38-Beta-Test-Thread

Magus likes this.
  10. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

New beta plugs rF2 into CC DRS messages. Note since game does not currently tell us if vehicle is DRS capable, this functionality is limited to vehicles mapped to F1 and DTM classes. Lastly, I tried to detect tracks with no DRS zones via heuristic, so DRS messages will be disabled for such tracks. So, a lot of guesswork in this functionality, might be a bit rough :D

If you need me DRS capability to a vehicle class, let me know. (Search for Single-Class or Multi-Class text in CC console for class names).

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?38-Beta-Test-Thread&p=605&viewfull=1#post605

ceecee likes this.
  11. Vinicius Ranieri

Vinicius Ranieri Registered

12. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

New beta brings a lot of goodness to rF2 that we've been working on for a while:

First: frozen order messages. Basically, you will now hear Crew Chief announcing additional information during Rolling/Formation\Standing and Full course yellow phases.

Please note this is very much WIP and has not been tested much so there are bugs to flush out. Also, I did not test it with StockCarRules plugin active. Please report your observations. Also, if it is completely broken for you, you can turn it off by unchecking "Enable rF2 frozen order messages".

Second: enables cut track messages in rF2 (and to lesser extent in rF1). Note however that game itself does not provide that information, so it is driven by a bunch of heuristics, and might need tweaking.

I want to thank @mr_belowski for his huge help here. Not only he recorded bunch of sounds for frozen order stuff, we also worked on code for this together, across the ocean, which is super cool!

http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?38-Beta-Test-Thread&p=605&viewfull=1#post605

13. AMillward

AMillward Registered

This app has been fantastic since I shifted to DX11. With trackmap no longer supported in DX11 this is the only addon you have to have now. Not only does it do what trackmap used to do I can get on with a race without taking my eyes off the track.

Thanks for adding my name (Aidan) in a recent build, too!

14. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Is there anything in the pipeline to add voice commands with regard to rain? I am aware of the voice commands that I can use to check various things, but would really like to ask how hard it is raining and how wet the track is. Not easy to gauge when in VR.

15. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

Good idea, a simple "what's the weather" voice command that would respond with rain severity ("drizzle" to "pissing it down")

Ernie likes this.
  16. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

Or, as per Trackmap - rain is 80% or 35% etc. Your 'drizzle' might be 'my pissing it down' :)

17. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Registered

There's also some info exposed on the racing path "wetness". Ideally, we could even suggest tire compound to use, for example if racing path nearly dry, Intermediates are good. On the other hand this stuff is very mod/series dependent, so we might need to expose options to configure what is considered what.

18. Ernie

Ernie Registered

IMHO values in percentages wouldn't sound authentic. Or do you look outside the window and you say "it's raining 35%"? :rolleyes:

andrea_274 and The Iron Wolf like this.
  19. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Registered

the Chief doesn't work in percentages. He works in profanities so the amount of rain will be proportional to the amount of unnecessary offense

TwoHardCore, Ernie, Goanna and 2 others like this.
  20. Mark Fuller

Mark Fuller Registered

I got used to Trackmap that reported this as a percentage value, so for me would not be an issue. Currently my Chief does say that it is drizzling or stopped or getting harder, but with the lower resolution in VR, something in addition would help. :)