Released NEW! GT3 Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Oct 17, 2017.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

That makes no sense Marc.
    If they are using a fixed gearbox they should use the one that the real car uses.
    If in real GT3 competition they are allowed to change gear ratios, then the gears should be open.

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've no idea what the real car uses, just saying maybe they're setup for longer straights like at Le Mans...makes perfect sense to me, sure they may not be "correct" of course.

3. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

AFAIK they have locked gear ratios IRL.
    Not the first complaints concerning the Radical's long gearing that I have heard.
    But for me these complaints have no basis.
    So what if it has 6 gears, the turbo engine is torquey enough that you don't need them.
    So if you had a chance to shorten them you'd just be making things worse, same performance but higher fuel consumption (and higher wear IRL).
    99% of the time you will not be using 6th gear.
    Or needing it.
    But there will be a couple of occasions where it will come in handy, like some real long straights with slipstreaming, like at the Ring, Le Mans etc.

MarcG likes this.
  4. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Yes, even with default setup value for RW and no slipstream you can use 6th gear without any problem on a track like Barcelona or Portugal.
    If you increase your RW settings the gearing may appear too long.
    Cheers.

5. Comante

Comante Registered

I've made two things yesterday, tried a quick race at Zandvoort with 19 AIs, mixed GT3, and with the detail level I usually use, I was able to squeeze from 45 to 50 FPS , not marvelous but surely playable, and considering that both track and cars are considered quite heavy, I'm fine with it, I hope both track and car will receive some optimization down the road. What surprised me was instead the second try: Silverstone, same pack, night racing, all fine during race, but replay during the night, even if only my car was on the screen was out of realtime, CPU usage was out of the roof. But I appreciated that I was able to switch from replay to cockpit and viceversa and the game didn't crash.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

Beside this, I understood why GT3 are "a thing" and why people was eager to have them ; they provide a fun and immersive driving experience that can be easily tailored to almost any skill level. I'm sure that as soon as the field will be filled with coloured skins, people will get mad with them. They are the perfect cars for a quicky, and lowering AI level to engage in some casual driving doesn't make you feel like a cheater, thing that happen more easily with open wheelers.

Guimengo likes this.
  7. Marc Brink

Marc Brink Registered

Nope, it's facing the facts. I took my pink glasses off a long time ago.
    To give S397 the benefit of the doubt after the debacle with ISI, but it's not everlasting.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  8. benborp

benborp Registered

Does anyone have any information on what the spring and damper values might be for the Radical?

Even after altering the player.json the garage setup screen reverts to 'clicks' rather than actual values. I can't access the .HDV file to look up the values either.

dadaboomda likes this.
  9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

After trying the options Nibiru suggested, I found out that the 'sunstrip template' shows only on the inside, and with the added naming of "WINDSHIELDIN" (so witthout _ as with that it didn't work). Tried all other options too, but on the outside of the window the banner kept GT Open.....

EDIT :: With WINDSHIELDOUT I got it working on the outside too now. Either when I tried first I mistyped something, or maybe I only thought I tried and accidently skipped it..... wathever it was, it's working now :)

Emery, GrimDad and SPASKIS like this.
  10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

They are not allowed to change gear ratios IRL... it's part of the BoP just like some other setup options as replicated in the GT3 pack...

SPASKIS, MarcG and Christos Segkounas like this.
  11. LokiD

LokiD Registered

if anyones interested...

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I did check that. However, I cannot say how is this applied:
    1. If that gear ratio is fixed at the beginning of the season but can be adjusted differently by different teams using the same car. For example actual F1 rules.
    or
    2. The gear ratio is specific to the car and all teams using the same car have the same gear ratios.

If the right approach is 1 the gear ratio should be open.
    On the other hand if the correct approach is 2the gear ratio should be closed and match real values.

In sector 3 they seemed to use approach number 2 and tuned those values either with real data or data deduced from onboard cameras.

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/gtr3-class-update-march-2016.4598/

For the radical GT3, the gearbox is the following.
    https://shop.quaife.co.uk/81g-quaife-rpe-7-speed-sequential-ultra-compact-transaxle-gearbox
    It has the following options for straight cut gear teeth which are the ones being mounted in Radical GT3.

Gear Ratios Straight cut (Spur)

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th 7th
    2.438 1.889 1.500 1.238 1.043 0.897 0.774
    2.438 1.889 1.500 1.286 1.115 0.958 0.833

Final Drive Ratios
    3.056 3.130 4.067

Amanda Santini likes this.
  13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Sorry Marc. This a sim trying to replicate real racing. For sure real engineers need to trade different aspects including gear ratios to find a good balance of pros and cons. It is GT3 manufacturers who have to select a gear ratio which fits the real tracks that the car will race at.

Studio397 should simply accept their decision and include those values in the sim.

Amanda Santini and Carlos Sancho like this.
  14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes ok Spaskis you've made your point.

SPASKIS likes this.
  15. Christopher Elliott

Christopher Elliott Registered

As requested - changelog for McLaren (also in top post):

Changelog: McLaren 650S GT3

• Improvements to tyres, aerodynamics and physics in general, based on some additional data we received.

Ernie, Paulinho, vegaguy5555 and 7 others like this.
  16. dadaboomda

dadaboomda Registered

M
    Thank's

17. vegaguy5555

vegaguy5555 Registered

I'm not sure why but I can't drive these cars enough. It's kind of fun comparing PC2 and AC's GT3's. I think the graphics are getting better then AC? Not that AC is poor just everything is improving.

Good job guys.

LokiD and Christos Segkounas like this.
  18. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

must be all official templates, and the rim template must also be

19. bluet

bluet Registered

HI MARC i can make 6th but about 20 metres before the kink and no extra speed than 5th at the limiter ...but speed is good about 282 to 285 kmh nearly V8 supercars speeds ..but if 4th 5th and 6th where a little shorter you would accelerate a bit faster down conrod IMO.....So had a drive at monza with lowest wing setting and still only make 6th at the very end of the main straight.but not close to max revs in 6th which it should be..
    ..hmmm still think the gearing is to tall..But love the car..this is not a complaint just the way I see it.. maybe i will try NORDS and see what it can do

MarcG likes this.
  20. gpfan

gpfan Registered

Don´t think you´l get rim templates since they have motion blur on it.....